My band is close to releasing an EP, we'd love to know what you think!

joemckie

This one is probably our most musey one in fairness, our next track isn't quite so much and we're starting to bring in wider influences :)

I've heard all your tracks though :chuckle: The one called chords was cool, had potential I think! And wider influences is a good thing for sure :yesey:

I've heard all your tracks though :chuckle: The one called chords was cool, had potential I think! And wider influences is a good thing for sure :yesey:

We have a stalker!! Hehe as a band, we've only recorded three tracks which is the upcoming ep, we've got another three new'uns to be recorded for a single, just wrote a new one up today actually!

Wider influences definitely, starting to include some triggered drums and synth into the mix, we'll see how that goes ;)

Vocals are just too weak. It sounds like whoever is on lead is just barely mustering the strength to get those notes out. I don't know if this is just the quality or what, but definitely stronger vocal delivery other than that songwriting is pretty good

Vocals are just too weak. It sounds like whoever is on lead is just barely mustering the strength to get those notes out. I don't know if this is just the quality or what, but definitely stronger vocal delivery other than that songwriting is pretty good

Hehe I see what you mean. It's our worst song to sing personally, it's really difficult :$ not helped by the fact I was completely exhausted by the end of the recording session! :LOL:

A bit of advise I got which really helped is to record a song roughly, not even a demo and listen to it once. Don't play the song or listen to it for a few days then play the song (not listening to the recording) and hear all these things you can improve on it. Its a weird system but its done wonders for my writing.

A bit of advise I got which really helped is to record a song roughly, not even a demo and listen to it once. Don't play the song or listen to it for a few days then play the song (not listening to the recording) and hear all these things you can improve on it. Its a weird system but its done wonders for my writing.

We do that! :D whenever we write something we tend to play it a few times at practice, then we'll go back the next week and take it up where we left off. And when recording it's amazing to listen to it with "fresh ears"

hehe

sounds like it could've been on Showbiz :chuckle:

like the sound and mysterious vibe (always get fascinated by that), but agree that the vocalist (it's you, right?) is pushing too much. one note (somewhere in the middle) was really goaty :LOL: you could've tried to do it in a less 'Matt-ish' way and make life easier for yourself.

anyway, song's great. keep it up :yesey:

hehe

sounds like it could've been on Showbiz :chuckle:

like the sound and mysterious vibe (always get fascinated by that), but agree that the vocalist (it's you, right?) is pushing too much. one note (somewhere in the middle) was really goaty :LOL: you could've tried to do it in a less 'Matt-ish' way and make life easier for yourself.

anyway, song's great. keep it up :yesey:

Haha I think I know which note you mean :p kinda got the note stuck in my throat... it's a bastard song to sing - all over my vocal break so it's like lifting weights :LOL:

Check this one out if you're interested, it's the last track just finished, focused more on the songwriting - i think the vocals are a little better, too :p

I like Parasite (or is it actually Parasite FINAL!!!? :LOL:), it could be really good with a proper mastering. Vocals are a bit too low in the mix. If you manage to give clarity to each instrument it could really come out with a huge massive sound.

Same for Constricted Master, vocals should be louder imo (and bass too). Still nice though.

Songwriting is good for both songs I'd say :)

I like Parasite (or is it actually Parasite FINAL!!!? :LOL:), it could be really good with a proper mastering. Vocals are a bit too low in the mix. If you manage to give clarity to each instrument it could really come out with a huge massive sound.

Same for Constricted Master, vocals should be louder imo (and bass too). Still nice though.

Songwriting is good for both songs I'd say :)

It's neither actually now hehe! They were previews but we FINALLY mastered it all now, the only problem we came across with that is we didn't give the song enough headroom so we got to the end and wanted to make it bigger but couldn't do much with it :(

We were debating about the bass, how do you think it sounds in the verse as we thought it was the chorus that may need some volume automation

It's neither actually now hehe! They were previews but we FINALLY mastered it all now, the only problem we came across with that is we didn't give the song enough headroom so we got to the end and wanted to make it bigger but couldn't do much with it :(

We were debating about the bass, how do you think it sounds in the verse as we thought it was the chorus that may need some volume automation

I'd like to hear a good quality version of it (not streamed on soundcloud, I mean) :)

The bass in the verse is fine, you might just make it a tad clearer. But yes you should turn it up in the chorus (to make everything bigger :awesome:)

Judging from soundcloud is not the best way though, as it compresses everything :chuckle:

I'd like to hear a good quality version of it (not streamed on soundcloud, I mean) :)

The bass in the verse is fine, you might just make it a tad clearer. But yes you should turn it up in the chorus (to make everything bigger :awesome:)

Judging from soundcloud is not the best way though, as it compresses everything :chuckle:

True say! Same for youtube. Sounds so much clearer through the wav; we're gonna put a free download link up as soon as we've worked out some kinks I'll definitely post it!

Archived