Concert "Memorabilia" (drumsticks, harmonicas, etc)

TrebleRose689

Hadn't seen a thread like this before, so here's a place where those of us who've been lucky enough to get our hands on some Muse concert "souvenirs" can "show off" and share our pictures and stories :D

I was extremely fortunate on my last string of gigs... ;)

3581loo.jpg

Still a bit in shock that this really happened :D Here was how it worked out for me: I had signs asking for all of these, and the guys clearly responded! :) Dom saw my sign in Boston during USoE (so funny, he nodded and started waving the drumstick at me :p) and threw his drumstick to me at the end of that gig. I'd had an unfortunate drumstick experience at a past gig (security gave away the stick meant for me, even though I had a sign!) so it felt so good to finally get one! :D

The next night in Connecticut, I and another girl both had harmonica signs. Chris ended up giving his harmonica to her, but a few songs later (during a short pause between songs), he ran to the side of the stage and came back with a special harmonica just for me! :D He hopped right down and tossed it to me. It was amazing! I'm pretty sure my jaw literally dropped when that happened -- certainly not what I was expecting!!

And the picks had an awesome story too. First night at MSG I had a pick sign, which I held throughout the gig, in the hopes that Matt would see it and give me one at the end of the gig. Matt happened to spot it during the roulette wheel moment before SS. Before they started the song, he went over to the mic stand, grabbed two picks, and walked right to where I was to give them to me :D (He ended up having to have security actually hand them to me, as he couldn't reach XD But it was absolutely amazing either way!)

I have them all in a display case now, and the 2nd pick is in a necklace (which I plan to wear every day pretty much forever :LOL::happy: )

I would love to hear some stories from other lucky folk out there!!! I have friends who've had similar experiences in the past, and I love hearing about them! Getting that acknowledgement and making that brief connection is so awesome, especially for folks like me who've never met the guys :)

Hadn't seen a thread like this before, so here's a place where those of us who've been lucky enough to get our hands on some Muse concert "souvenirs" can "show off" and share our pictures and stories :D

I was extremely fortunate on my last string of gigs... ;)

3581loo.jpg

Still a bit in shock that this really happened :D Here was how it worked out for me: I had signs asking for all of these, and the guys clearly responded! :) Dom saw my sign in Boston during USoE (so funny, he nodded and started waving the drumstick at me :p) and threw his drumstick to me at the end of that gig. I'd had an unfortunate drumstick experience at a past gig (security gave away the stick meant for me, even though I had a sign!) so it felt so good to finally get one! :D

The next night in Connecticut, I and another girl both had harmonica signs. Chris ended up giving his harmonica to her, but a few songs later (during a short pause between songs), he ran to the side of the stage and came back with a special harmonica just for me! :D He hopped right down and tossed it to me. It was amazing! I'm pretty sure my jaw literally dropped when that happened -- certainly not what I was expecting!!

And the picks had an awesome story too. First night at MSG I had a pick sign, which I held throughout the gig, in the hopes that Matt would see it and give me one at the end of the gig. Matt happened to spot it during the roulette wheel moment before SS. Before they started the song, he went over to the mic stand, grabbed two picks, and walked right to where I was to give them to me :D (He ended up having to have security actually hand them to me, as he couldn't reach XD But it was absolutely amazing either way!)

I have them all in a display case now, and the 2nd pick is in a necklace (which I plan to wear every day pretty much forever :LOL::happy: )

I would love to hear some stories from other lucky folk out there!!! I have friends who've had similar experiences in the past, and I love hearing about them! Getting that acknowledgement and making that brief connection is so awesome, especially for folks like me who've never met the guys :)

All of this is just awesome.

Chris must have JUST changed his brand of harmonica, yours is a Hohner from NYC, I got it in Montreal night 2 and it's a Lee Oskar.

What have people been doing with their harmonicas? I don't want to leave it in a ziploc bag in a drawer for the rest of eternity, I want to get some sort of small display case, but have no idea where to start.

What have people been doing with their harmonicas? I don't want to leave it in a ziploc bag in a drawer for the rest of eternity, I want to get some sort of small display case, but have no idea where to start.

I got a display case at a craftstore that I put my stuff in. Obviously it's too big for just a harmonica, but I'm wondering if they have smaller versions of a similar thing. Mine hangs on the wall, but is openable from the back (not easily openable, mind you, but still XD)

Here's what my setup looks like:

35a2bsn.jpg

My boyfriend's friend got a harmoncia in Boston and he put a picture on Facebook of his display case (which sits on a tabletop, if you aren't looking to hang it!) I don't know where he got it though... I can ask!

9u2edg.jpg

(He's a member on the forum, so I hope he doesn't mind me showing this picture. Andrew, let me know if you see this and want me to take it down XD)

Oh, and as for harmonica brand, I think maybe Chris has multiple ones? My friend's looks very different from mine (as you can kinda see in the pic) I don't recall what the brand on it was though, and his is facing the wrong way in the picture to be able to see XD

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to get a drumstick at the Amsterdam ArenA gig on the 4th of June :awesome: I was at barrier by the thrust stage and when Dom came up for his little section on the thrust stage (GL, UD, etc) I frantically held up my sign asking for a drumstick that I made on an old pillow case (:chuckle:) and he saw it during GL then came over at the end of UD, but there was a guy 2 people over from me who also had a sign so he kinda joked about being like 'who am I gonna give it to!' And since I was wearing my Ireland flag round my neck I even desperately said to Dom please Dom I came all the way from Ireland! Haha, but he eventually threw one to each of us, such an amazing feeling that he has acknowledged me :happy:

0647498e-12bb-4231-bddd-db5562b8b208.jpg

The last 2 gigs I saw Dom giving his drumstick out ( :chuckle: ) he gave them to people with ginger hair, don't know it that was just a co-incidence or if he likes to pick the gingers! :LOL:

He just likes us gingers ;) haha

he changed the brand?

I thought he kept using his custom pro-mark ones :erm:

I have one btw :p

never bothered to buy any boxes or frames for it, it just lies on my desk all the time

Yeah would have been cool to get one of his ones with his name on it but I'm not going to complain!

The last 2 gigs I saw Dom giving his drumstick out ( :chuckle: ) he gave them to people with ginger hair, don't know it that was just a co-incidence or if he likes to pick the gingers! :LOL:

He just likes us gingers ;) haha!

:LOL: Maybe we've discovered a secret fetish or something? Who knows? :chuckle: Seems like they're pretty good about responding to signs (I don't think I've ever seen them ignore one. That would just be plain cruel :LOL: ) But I suppose being female/attractive (ginger? XD) doesn't hurt your chances either... :p

:LOL: Maybe we've discovered a secret fetish or something? Who knows? :chuckle: Seems like they're pretty good about responding to signs (I don't think I've ever seen them ignore one. That would just be plain cruel :LOL: ) But I suppose being female/attractive (ginger? XD) doesn't hurt your chances either... :p

you know it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Pesaro, November the 17th. My friend had a pick sign, and got one, so I managed to get the harmonica sign. I raised my hands just before Chris started playing the harmonica prior to Knights of Cydonia. I knew something would happen. And in fact, once he was finished, he came down, and handed it to me. That moment will remain etched in my brain, forever.

5eyi3d.jpg

Archived