2013.9.19 - Energy Solutions Arena Salt Lake City, UT US

altbecky

Waited for someone else to make this one, but couldn't wait any longer. Totally stoked I don't have to drive 10 hours to go to a Muse show!!!

Who else is coming?

We are going! You went to Vegas, in March, right? I decided to bring my two daughters this time. Didn't you bring your kids?

I kept checking for this thread too!

I am very glad the drive is shorter this time around!

We are going! You went to Vegas, in March, right? I decided to bring my two daughters this time. Didn't you bring your kids?

I kept checking for this thread too!

I am very glad the drive is shorter this time around!

Yeah, we brought our 13 yr old. We weren't going to bring him again this time, but I accidentally bought an extra ticket. I swear I typed in 3, but I bought 4! LOL! So, someone's going to get a terribly happy surprise when he comes home from school today!

Yeah, we brought our 13 yr old. We weren't going to bring him again this time, but I accidentally bought an extra ticket. I swear I typed in 3, but I bought 4! LOL! So, someone's going to get a terribly happy surprise when he comes home from school today!

LOL:LOL: nice!

I will be attending this show! I went to Vegas as well and had so much fun. This will be the first time I've done seats for MUSE though. Otherwise I've always been general admission. I was a little disappointed that all I could get in the pre-sale was section 6 or 19. In the end I go to hear them anyways so I guess it doesn't really matter right?

I will be attending this show! I went to Vegas as well and had so much fun. This will be the first time I've done seats for MUSE though. Otherwise I've always been general admission. I was a little disappointed that all I could get in the pre-sale was section 6 or 19. In the end I go to hear them anyways so I guess it doesn't really matter right?

They've stated their goal is to give even the people at the back a great show, make them feel included. I have seen photos and footage from the back, and the lasers are incredible. I am sure you won't be disappointed. Don't know what their visuals/stage setup will be by the time we get to next Fall, but I am sure it will be great!

They've stated their goal is to give even the people at the back a great show, make them feel included. I have seen photos and footage from the back, and the lasers are incredible. I am sure you won't be disappointed. Don't know what their visuals/stage setup will be by the time we get to next Fall, but I am sure it will be great!

Oh it will still be one of the best concerts I'll go to I'm sure of it. In Vegas we hung towards the back of GA and enjoyed it. We ended up looking at the Denver presale and got 1st row with the VIP seats. We ended up buying them. I figure if I was going to spend $200 on a concert ticket it would ONLY be for MUSE. We are going to fly out the 17th afternoon and come back early the 18th and not bother getting a hotel room. We're going with what little we can carry on our backs.

This is going to be my first Muse show! I'M SO EXCITED!!! I've been a fan for years, but last time they were in Utah I wasn't able to make it. I'm torn between GA and reserved...Any suggestions on which and where to go if reserved?

I had seats for my first Muse gig, but I decided never again because the people around me were duds. Personally, I think you get a much better experience in GA, especially if you're near the barrier. With reserved and GA being the same price, the choice is easy for me. But again, that's me. Also, it depends on how well you do with crowds. If you don't like people being in your bubble, then that is something to consider.

This is going to be my first Muse show! I'M SO EXCITED!!! I've been a fan for years, but last time they were in Utah I wasn't able to make it. I'm torn between GA and reserved...Any suggestions on which and where to go if reserved?

You will regret not doing GA for a muse gig. It's an unreal experience being with the crowd and muse crowds aren't aggressive and don't waste the entire gig trying to reach for the band members by pushing people trying to get to the barrier because they decided to show up just before doors open. I have to say muse crowds have to be some of the most chill, fun and respectful crowds ever. Even when Matt came by to shake hands people didn't go boyband crazy, they did reach for him, but it wasn't like weird and even when I was at the barrier the 10 seconds of dealing with peoples arms reaching for him wasn't bad and no one pushed me or anything. I even had room to move about at the barrier, no sweaty bodies pressing up against other bodies and making it awkward lol. So I highly recommend opting for GA/Pit. I almost gave up on doing GA bc of all the bad experiences I've had at shows, but at both muse gigs I went to this year it was a fantastic experience in every sense, watching my fave band with awesome musers around me. lol I'm not even going to the Utah gig (going to Duluth gig), but I lurk at other threads and just had to respond to your post just so I can nudge you to go for GA. You won't regret it! Do it!

I had seats for my first Muse gig, but I decided never again because the people around me were duds. Personally, I think you get a much better experience in GA, especially if you're near the barrier. With reserved and GA being the same price, the choice is easy for me. But again, that's me. Also, it depends on how well you do with crowds. If you don't like people being in your bubble, then that is something to consider.

That's one thing I'm worried about with seats. I'll be going INSANE, I don't know how anyone could sit during Muse, and I've heard of people standing who have ticked off people behind them...Okay...What did those people expect?! I'm fine with crowds. I've been in GA at different shows before, I've just been wondering if there's a big difference at all with Musers. Thank you!

You will regret not doing GA for a muse gig. It's an unreal experience being with the crowd and muse crowds aren't aggressive and don't waste the entire gig trying to reach for the band members by pushing people trying to get to the barrier because they decided to show up just before doors open. I have to say muse crowds have to be some of the most chill, fun and respectful crowds ever. Even when Matt came by to shake hands people didn't go boyband crazy, they did reach for him, but it wasn't like weird and even when I was at the barrier the 10 seconds of dealing with peoples arms reaching for him wasn't bad and no one pushed me or anything. I even had room to move about at the barrier, no sweaty bodies pressing up against other bodies and making it awkward lol. So I highly recommend opting for GA/Pit. I almost gave up on doing GA bc of all the bad experiences I've had at shows, but at both muse gigs I went to this year it was a fantastic experience in every sense, watching my fave band with awesome musers around me. lol I'm not even going to the Utah gig (going to Duluth gig), but I lurk at other threads and just had to respond to your post just so I can nudge you to go for GA. You won't regret it! Do it!

I bet I would regret it...That's really the only thing I'm worried about, is people being aggressive. I've read some bad experiences from people on here, but they seem to have been at non-American shows, I'm assuming because Muse is bigger in those other places than they are here. There really is nothing that compares to being in the pit at a show (when it's a good experience, anyway.)

I think I have my answer...I mean, it's MUSE. And I've been waiting for this for so long, there really isn't any other option, is there? Thank you both! :)

I was seated for Vegas and I was worried that i'd make people behind us mad, too. But once we made it clear we were standing and going nuts, the people behind us joined in and had fun too. They were actual musers, though, singing every word. One guy behind us lit up a joint like three songs in, so he was pretty chill about the whole thing.

We didn't care that the people next to us were sitting and not enjoying the show, we just went nuts. It was a blast. One thing about getting older, you really do tend to do your own thing and not really care what others think.

Even if you get seated, enjoy the show the way you want to, let the people around you wallow in the their squareness.

Ended up getting GA! And it looks to me like GA is now sold out?

I still can't fathom that this is happening. I've been waiting for this for so long that I'm not going to believe it until I'm actually there. And until THEY are actually there too.

I think it'd seem more real if I was actually going to get tickets that I could hold, rather than the Flash Seats paperless thing. Which is nice enough, I guess.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Getting closer.

Does anyone think having the festival gig the night after is going to affect the set list or anything at our show? I am a little....worried.

And also, I am seeing some GA tickets for sale off and on at ksl.com if anyone needs them...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The GA line in the past in the US apparently hasn't been a big enough deal to get there too awful early, but, stories from the first three shows have made me start to wonder if we still have the luxury of wandering to the venue in the afternoon and still getting barrier.

So, we are staying at a hotel like 3 blocks away, and will hopefully be there by 9 am.

That being said, I have a standing ticket available for face value. PM me if you are interested.

Does anyone know how the Energy Solutions arena has handled the GA line in the past? One place to line up or several? Wristbands/number system? Etc? I just want to know what to expect, we really want to be on the barrier for this show.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to my first Muse show this Thursday in Salt Lake City, and of course I'm going GA. I've done GA for several other shows in the past and lined up early in the morning for each of them (U2, 2011, 5:30 AM, about 200 back in line) (Keane, 2012, 8:30 AM, second in line) (Imagine Dragons, 2013, 9:00 AM, first in line). So if I want to get front and center for this show (if it's possible without camping overnight), how early should I line up? My plan as of now is to get there at around 5:00 or 5:30 AM. Does that sound about right?

Archived