2013.9.19 - Energy Solutions Arena Salt Lake City, UT US

altbecky

I've come to find out that I'm usually extremely lazy whenever I'm in the GA line. I don't do anything, except for the occasional walk, talking, and maybe throwing a football. I keep telling myself I'll read a book or watch a movie on my iPod (I have a portable charger), but it never happens.

We WERE going to get a hotel that is about a block from the venue, and just have one of us run our stuff back a couple hours before doors, but we procrastinated and couldn't get one. So, we're parking over at Gateway, and we'll just run our stuff out there and put it in the trunk.

And yeah. It's pretty much just laying on the ground/standing around. All day. From what I gather. This is actually my first time in GA. I think my kiddo is bringing his homework, and his sticks/practice pad (he's got competition on Saturday, and needs to practice), and I am planning on bringing the stuff for my sign (so silly), and hubby is probably going to run back and forth for food for us.

Does anyone know how the arena usually handles GA lines? Wristbands? I worry about these things. I can call the arena tomorrow though and find out.

Leaving tomorrow evening! Can't wait!!!

Does everybody just sit down on the ground? Also what do people do with their stuff when it's time go into the venue?

I bring a camping chair, a cooler (with drinks and snacks), and a backpack full of odds and ends (a book, a jacket, charging cables for my devices, etc.). I then store the stuff in my car when the doors are about to open.

I just got home from the Denver gig and am so excited to see them here in SLC in just one short day! Denver had signs posted that "all cameras" were not allowed so I called the Energy Solutions Arena to make sure I could take mine in and they said as long as the lens does not come off it would be allowed. Just some information to ease anyone's mind.

I seriously think that those of us who were in the pit at this show should send thanks to Chad in Guest services and the gal in security (wish I knew her name. I've seen her at a show before and I think she's awesome.) They did a wonderful job keeping order entering the pit. That was the best I've ever seen and I attend about 50 + shows a year (not Muse, this was my first Muse concert.) Just a thought.

I was number 9 in line. It was nice to meet everyone at the front. :)

--Melanie

OH...MY...GOSH!!!!

That was life changing.

I was SO excited to hear Sunburn. Didn't get much of a response, so I figure most people didn't know it. But it's one of my favorites.

Have to see them again whenever possible. I'm so depressed now that it's overwith. =( It went so fast, probably because it was the first concert I've been to that I knew the words to every song.

I seriously think that those of us who were in the pit at this show should send thanks to Chad in Guest services and the gal in security (wish I knew her name. I've seen her at a show before and I think she's awesome.) They did a wonderful job keeping order entering the pit. That was the best I've ever seen and I attend about 50 + shows a year (not Muse, this was my first Muse concert.) Just a thought.

I was number 9 in line. It was nice to meet everyone at the front. :)

--Melanie

Glad to hear you had a great time #9! I was #10. I have so many pictures to go through now that I'm back home. I somehow managed to take 750 :$ and it's hard choosing which to keep. I still can't believe I got to hear Butterflies & Hurricanes after only 4 gigs under my belt, all on this tour. Security ran the queue so much better than the clusterfuck that was Phoenix (and Trashville, from what I hear), I will definitely go back to SLC for a muse gig if it's at the same place. Also, I definitely did not expect the crowd to be as wild as it was, that was intense!

I know right? I kept seeing Dom and Chris looking at each other and shaking their heads... I think we surprised them, lol. I had fun in the queue, hope to see you all next time. Dom said they'd "definitely be back"

I tried loading butterflies and hurricanes and it won't work. I have sunburn, US, and part of starlight. But my connection is crap so it will take a few days.

The highlight for sure was when Chris and Dom came down to the edge of the stage and gave my son a big thank you and a drum stick! Never will forget that night.

Archived