2013.09.03 - Time Warner Cable Arena - Charlotte, NC, US

Spin26

I will also be there at 3 something...hopefully still early enough to get a decent spot. When I saw them in Raleigh I got there at like 5 and still managed about fifth row which wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared, so. We'll see.

Super excited though, especially with this being the first show of the US leg!!

(wow it has been ages since I've posted on here)

I lost my mind when I heard the first riff! And getting PiB after not getting it last tour was unexpectedly nice! I can't remember ever having a better time at a concert. The cool thing was the crowd sang the PiB riff. Did anyone else hear that?

Yep! My bro and I nearly lost our minds when we heard the first riff.

I lost my mind when I heard the first riff! And getting PiB after not getting it last tour was unexpectedly nice! I can't remember ever having a better time at a concert. The cool thing was the crowd sang the PiB riff. Did anyone else hear that?

was it a full song ?

was it a full song ?

It was indeed the full version of Agitated. Also this forum is probably filled with people who have seen it before, but hot damn that pyramid is cool. And they played United States of Eurasia, which was a pleasant surprise (to me at least). And Cage the Elephant was wonderful. It really is just hard to succinctly contain all the goodness that was this concert in words.

Aaaaaah what a fun day :awesome:

Queueing was a good time. Meeting up with some of the people I met at Raleigh in 2010 was fun, was really nice to see them all again! I got there about 2, so I was 52nd in line, which wasn't too bad. It was quite fortunate that the queue was in a heavily shaded place with a nice breeze! Everything was going well up until the scheduled doors time (6 PM), but for some reason which was never explained, doors didn't open till 6:50 which really annoyed a lot of people. The show was supposed to start at 7, so it got pushed back to 7:30. Getting to the floor was pretty painless thankfully. Ended up in the third row from the front. I somehow ended up about five rows from the stage by the end though. Not sure how that happened... I was unfortunately right next to a REALLY obnoxious group of guys, made the waits kinda aggravating. Thank god they settled down for Muse eventually.

Cage The Elephant was a good choice for opener, and the frontman is absolutely insane :LOL: He just could not sit still. Plus I could barely hear him. He came on stage wearing a robe and shirt, but 20 minutes in, both were off and he was topless... yeah. The two times he came into the audience and crowdsurfed were pretty fun though, especially the time where he came quite far into the crowd (probably a solid 8-10 rows in) and stood on people's hands! That was actually really cool. One of the guitarists wasn't there because his wife was in labor so that was kinda cute. Got replaced by his brother I think. Anyway, they were good, suffered a bit from mixing though. Probably because of where we were on the floor.

On to Muse. For Raleigh I wrote a track-by-track review but I'm just gonna stick to my highlights this time :LOL: Unsustainable is a fantastic opener. Really really heavy and in your face to start things off. I was hoping for Animals in the first half of the set but oh well. PIB early was pretty fun too, I forgot they'd been playing it that early on occasion. Hysteria was good, but would've preferred Map :( Eurasia is a good song live, and definitely was good last night, but I would've liked something else a bit more because I saw that in 2010. Except Explorers, would've been so dull. Feeling Good would've been okay actually since I've still not seen it ( :awesome: ).

Speaking of dull, my god Undisclosed Desires is boring live :LOL: Not news to anyone but yeah. Liquid State was :facemelt: worthy. The drop in Follow Me hit me like a ton of bricks. Stockholm Syndrome still melts my face off and then AGITATED :awesome: Definitely the highlight, goes without saying. Wish more people knew it. Also Survival was REALLY good live. If not for Agitated then that would've been my unquestioned highlight. The smoke cannons failing to function properly at the end of Survival was weird though.

Other miscellaneous notes: After Knights there was this sudden cold breeze to the floor which prompted a really loud cheer :LOL: Also the "encore" after Uprising - the whole band stayed on stage after the song, then they suddenly realized there was supposed to be an encore so they basically just walked behind the drum riser while the lights were out and then came back 30 seconds later :LOL:

such a fun concert! my friend and i were 50 and 51th and although it took FOREVER to get inside, we ended up 2nd row on chris's side. during knights, my friend caught the harmonica! and ud was a bit of a bummer for us, he skipped our whole section :/ but AGITATED! if the person who i accidentally punched during the opening riff is reading this, im sorry!! that was definitely the highlight of the night. also USOE! that was a nice surprise :D and matt singing freedom? awesome :)

right after survival i went running back to where tom works to give him a shirt and letter i made and he wasnt there so i asked a muse worker if he could give it to tom and looks like he did! i cant believe tom actually photoblabed it! made my day 100x better :D

overall, it was a really fun (and insanely sweaty) concert!

Aaaaaah what a fun day :awesome:

Queueing was a good time. Meeting up with some of the people I met at Raleigh in 2010 was fun, was really nice to see them all again! I got there about 2, so I was 52nd in line, which wasn't too bad. It was quite fortunate that the queue was in a heavily shaded place with a nice breeze! Everything was going well up until the scheduled doors time (6 PM), but for some reason which was never explained, doors didn't open till 6:50 which really annoyed a lot of people. The show was supposed to start at 7, so it got pushed back to 7:30. Getting to the floor was pretty painless thankfully. Ended up in the third row from the front. I somehow ended up about five rows from the stage by the end though. Not sure how that happened... I was unfortunately right next to a REALLY obnoxious group of guys, made the waits kinda aggravating. Thank god they settled down for Muse eventually.

I think I was very close to you because I remember a group of obnoxious guys too, haha. Do you remember what they looked like?

such a fun concert! my friend and i were 50 and 51th and although it took FOREVER to get inside, we ended up 2nd row on chris's side. during knights, my friend caught the harmonica! and ud was a bit of a bummer for us, he skipped our whole section :/ but AGITATED! if the person who i accidentally punched during the opening riff is reading this, im sorry!! that was definitely the highlight of the night. also USOE! that was a nice surprise :D and matt singing freedom? awesome :)

right after survival i went running back to where tom works to give him a shirt and letter i made and he wasnt there so i asked a muse worker if he could give it to tom and looks like he did! i cant believe tom actually photoblabed it! made my day 100x better :D

Oh hey! I was #52. Were you the one who answered nearly every question in that random trivia thing? :LOL: Really cool that you friend got the harmonica. It's also awesome that you got something to Tom and even more awesome that he posted it!

Ah! I saw that on Twitter this morning! It was very cool that Tom got it and posted pics!

Oh hey! I was #52. Were you the one who answered nearly every question in that random trivia thing? :LOL: Really cool that you friend got the harmonica. It's also awesome that you got something to Tom and even more awesome that he posted it!

I love that! And that is so nice that he tweeted it. :)

This guy thinks Muse is boring. Okaaay....

http://clclt.com/theclog/archives/2013/09/04/live-review-muse-time-warner-cable-arena-932013

Archived