Ableton MIDI CC/Program Change

StandYourGround

Yeah, just be able to control the treadle position and switch between different modes

I'm trying to figure out how to explain this now that I don't have an interface

assuming it's similar to logic express:

open the track as "external MIDI"

now, on the right, you'll see a list which should have the name of your MIDI interface and a few other things (mine has "GM device" and "other objects")

Select your interface

Then a list to the right of that should let you select which channel. Apparently the whammy 5 can work on any of them though.

as far as editing goes...I'm not entirely sure how to explain this part, but...

take the pencil tool for the external MIDI track you created (which is currently blank), and click anywhere on that track.

go to hyper editor, which is a button towards the bottom of the screen. you'll see a list of things to edit (volume, pan, modulation, etc) and program should be towards the bottom.

take the pencil tool, and edit the track there.

As for pitch bending, I'm trying to remember how to do that. I'm pretty sure I was doing that with the automator anyway

On the left hand of that window there will be a triangle arrow pointing down, there are your options for what to edit, program change is there.

I'm trying to figure out how to explain this now that I don't have an interface

assuming it's similar to logic express:

open the track as "external MIDI"

now, on the right, you'll see a list which should have the name of your MIDI interface and a few other things (mine has "GM device" and "other objects")

Select your interface

Then a list to the right of that should let you select which channel. Apparently the whammy 5 can work on any of them though.

as far as editing goes...I'm not entirely sure how to explain this part, but...

take the pencil tool for the external MIDI track you created (which is currently blank), and click anywhere on that track.

go to hyper editor, which is a button towards the bottom of the screen. you'll see a list of things to edit (volume, pan, modulation, etc) and program should be towards the bottom.

take the pencil tool, and edit the track there.

As for pitch bending, I'm trying to remember how to do that. I'm pretty sure I was doing that with the automator anyway

Cheers, seems easy enough. The problem is though when I'm in Piano Roll and click those 3 lines which should being up a new window...nothing comes up. Absolutely nothing happens so I can't get to that arrow with the dropdown window or anything

Archived