Ableton MIDI CC/Program Change

StandYourGround

Wasn't MOTP a vocoder? Pretty easy to emulate using the vocoder in Ableton anyway.

You wha? Vocoder? I'm just trying to replicate the pitch shifting guitar effect using the whammy iuno. Used to have a Cubase file for it when I had a Windows computer but don't have Cubase anymore so trying to make an Ableton equivalent, and just learn how to use it in general

You wha? Vocoder? I'm just trying to replicate the pitch shifting guitar effect using the whammy iuno. Used to have a Cubase file for it when I had a Windows computer but don't have Cubase anymore so trying to make an Ableton equivalent, and just learn how to use it in general

The "pitch shifting" guitar was done using a vocoder going by some interview the band gave.

The Whammy thing came about as people tried working out how to do it and most guitarists don't tend to have synths.

Ableton is incredible for applying audio effects. I've got so used to Effects Rack now that other DAWs seem so dated.

The "pitch shifting" guitar was done using a vocoder going by some interview the band gave.

The Whammy thing came about as people tried working out how to do it and most guitarists don't tend to have synths.

Ableton is incredible for applying audio effects. I've got so used to Effects Rack now that other DAWs seem so dated.

I think it's common knowledge it was a midi controlled pitch shifter.

I think it's common knowledge it was a midi controlled pitch shifter.

There was an interview about it at the time and no mention of a MIDI controlled pitch shifter, but talking about synths and stuff.

I have tried it both ways mind. Vocoder worked better as it could deal with chords from a guitar, whereas the Whammy can't at all. I even posted a sample of doing it with a vocoder, but no one gave a shit.

There was an interview about it at the time and no mention of a MIDI controlled pitch shifter, but talking about synths and stuff.

I have tried it both ways mind. Vocoder worked better as it could deal with chords from a guitar, whereas the Whammy can't at all. I even posted a sample of doing it with a vocoder, but no one gave a shit.

Link?

Cos they can't afford a nord whatever?

Thats just clutching at straws.

Unless its a stage prop, it'll be serving a function. A hardware synthesizer is never going to be the best device for editing and sending MIDI data to other devices, unless its serving as a MIDI thru as part of a larger setup. Other hardware or software will be triggering MIDI.

Muse said it themselves in an interview and its there in the setup, so its not a Whammy and never has been. Maybe give a vocoder a go and see what you think.

Still a kinda pointless conversation to be honest, ignoring MotP then, There's a few other songs I know which use a DAW or something to control a Whammy via MIDI. One of them being Unsustainable for example since I imagine pretty much everyone on here knows the song, and what would be the simplest way to control the mode switching on the whammy via MIDI on that with a Mac?

I might be able to help with that - I'm somewhat familiar with how to control MIDI devices in logic. I only have logic express though.

So you just want to set it up to control the whammy?

Yeah, just be able to control the treadle position and switch between different modes

Yeah, just be able to control the treadle position and switch between different modes

Go to the piano roll and just above "Mixer" there'll be 3 lines, click on that and a new window is brought up and with the down arrow, select program change which is second to last.

Although Logic seems to have a problem seeing MIDI outputs so I'm not sure how I can test it to see if it works properly.

Archived