Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

Is Survival going to be part of the competition? :LOL:

Listening to it atm and all i can think of is the olympics theme then bohemian rhapsody then scissors sisters. Nice gutiar work after that though.

Is there a time limit on the songs that can be picked? I may enter if i get the time/chance and some decent way to record, and would love to do something like ball and biscuit or stranglehold but can imagine no one listening coz they are quite long?

Listening to it atm and all i can think of is the olympics theme then bohemian rhapsody then scissors sisters. Nice gutiar work after that though.

Is there a time limit on the songs that can be picked? I may enter if i get the time/chance and some decent way to record, and would love to do something like ball and biscuit or stranglehold but can imagine no one listening coz they are quite long?

No limit but if its too long it might piss people off.

Instrument -> pedlols -> 1/4 in to 3.5mm line in converter -> audacity.

you could try running a direct out from your amp if it has a patch bay/headphone jack/recording out

Quoting for truth. I used my bass amp Line Out to record guitar into a USB recording monitor. It sounded very clean but took a while to EQ well enough. It is vastly different from the sound of the speakers. Wish I had a cab sim for that reason.

Hey - Was just wondering how I send my entries to Neil - I've tried by e-mail, but the file size is too big :LOL:

Use a file uploading system like Soundcloud or something similarly private and message him the link.

Round 1 deadline - 30th July? I assume by that I wouldn't be too late to think about taking part in this? I'll have to get my recording set up finalised but I think I'd be interested...

Round 1 deadline - 30th July? I assume by that I wouldn't be too late to think about taking part in this? I'll have to get my recording set up finalised but I think I'd be interested...

Just have it in for then and you enter. You don't even have to do every round. It just helps your chances if you do.

Question regarding the "No copyright infringement" part. Meaning what exactly? No backing tracks, or what?

Hopefully I can start putting something together next week but I want to be sure on the rules first.

Question regarding the "No copyright infringement" part. Meaning what exactly? No backing tracks, or what?

Hopefully I can start putting something together next week but I want to be sure on the rules first.

Basically don't claim the original track is yours. i.e just uploading the original track and claiming you did it. Since my USB ports have stopped working I may not be able to enter.

Haha! Fair enough...That would have been a laugh..."Hi, here's the full Exogenesis...ahem...COVER....that I did...All instruments and vocals included...I think you'll find it's surprisingly accurate!"

So are we still alright using the original track as backing track for the other instruments or whatever, or what?

Archived