Vote for Muse at the Q Awards

KirkBot

2f3f039d-eded-448b-8540-16ac3a2425bf.jpgThanks to your votes Muse have made the shortlist for the Q Awards, and not just any awards but the Best Act in the World Today and the Greatest Act Of The Last 25 Years - a special award to celebrate Q's 25th Birthday.

The competition is tough, the band are up against the likes of Nirvana, Radiohead, Arcade Fire and U2. So if you think Muse deserve to win click here

Also Muse are up for a BT Digital Music Award - the People's Choice Award for the Best Official Site for An Artist. If you would like to see Muse win this award click here.

So get voting!

Source: http://muse.mu/news/article/771/vote-for-muse-at-the-q-awards-/

• 1 month later...
Apparently Coldplay just won the "Best act in the world today" award. And U2 won the other one.

Yeah I heard about that. :mad: I've been a U2 fan for 27 years but have to say that their best days are behind them. On the basis of the last few albums and tours I have to saythat no way are they a better and more innovative/experimental band than Muse. (and many other great acts I like) And don't get me started on Coldplay.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

I think that there were some glaring omissions there, which I'm inclined to blame on Q's apparent prejudice against heavier bands. Seriously, last month they awarded Mastodon 5 stars but buried them in the "metal section" which I think is rather unfair given that they were devoting several times as many characters to Justice's album, which by their own admission was a bit mediocre.

Any-hoo, grumble over, I reckon they should've included:

Soundgarden

Nine Inch Nails (admittedly Trent inflicted Marilyn Manson on us, but his musical output more than makes up for that)

Massive Attack (for "Angel" alone they should've made the list)

I think that there were some glaring omissions there, which I'm inclined to blame on Q's apparent prejudice against heavier bands. Seriously, last month they awarded Mastodon 5 stars but buried them in the "metal section" which I think is rather unfair given that they were devoting several times as many characters to Justice's album, which by their own admission was a bit mediocre.

Any-hoo, grumble over, I reckon they should've included:

Soundgarden

Nine Inch Nails (admittedly Trent inflicted Marilyn Manson on us, but his musical output more than makes up for that)

Massive Attack (for "Angel" alone they should've made the list)

I loved your Marilyn Manson reference. I am a long time NIN fan but felt MM was overrated. Unfortunately the acts you mentioned don't have the same celebrity connections as U2 and Coldplay.

Archived