body shaped - the ledge is just to get the binding level set before i start doing angles and carving

SAM_1770.jpg

having a bandsaw makes things sooooooooooooo much easier its unbelievable.

still waiting on my flamey maple so i can get started on the other one. and this shape still doesnt have a name yet. its called 'gt' for goldtop at the minute till i can think of something better

both necks are up to the same point - the goldtops top has had its angles put on (still waiting for the top for the burst, should come this week)

the headstocks have white/black on the top in case i decide not to bind them. still unsure about that

05-1.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

well technically i CAN do it as it did that one hehe. but its not going to be on one of these. the one in the pics is going to be a gold top, and the other is going to be a good old fashioned cherry burst. i got the beauty of the burst book and have been picking my favourites out of that to do.

by the way, they'll both have ivoroid binding. i cant decide whether or not to bind the headstocks.

well technically i CAN do it as it did that one hehe. but its not going to be on one of these. the one in the pics is going to be a gold top, and the other is going to be a good old fashioned cherry burst. i got the beauty of the burst book and have been picking my favourites out of that to do.

by the way, they'll both have ivoroid binding. i cant decide whether or not to bind the headstocks.

Yeah I meant for a different guitar. I didn't know how much they vary, but I love that burst...especially with the flame top. What's the body actually made of? site says 40 year old fireplace mantelpiece, but what is it specifically?

As for the headstock binding, I'd put it on the burst, but not the gold top.

yesterday i got the logos cut out only to find my dremel had broken, so i couldnt inlay them. which was a bugger. so i made a couple of truss rod covers from the same black/white/black veneer sandwich as the back of the headstocks instead.

07.jpg

and got the neck pocket done so once im ready to do it its all set to be glued together. but theres lots to do before that yet.

because i dont have a flat end to the fretboards, i cant just route straight through the top like on a les paul, so i have to have a step in the neck

10.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

Archived