wow

five piece purpleheart and flame maple neck?

i see the back and top would be quilt maple, but what about the sides/center?

mahogany. and he wants birdseye for the neck, but i just cant get it so that id be able to do that. so its either flame or plain. and i just did the mock up quilt, he might want flame

just googled myself, well, af guitars, and

erm

EDIT: another one!!!

Great to see you're getting some recognition!

I'm gonna have to sell a kidney, part of my liver and one of my testicles in order to afford this bad boy!:D:eek:

How much do you want for the lot?

Nah, I'm definitely interested in seeing this one (or even the red one). Even the mock ups look amazing.

You should be proud hooglebug. I've seen what you've posted on various boards, and pretty much everything said is positive.

thanks guys. just hope he likes it - he's got/had andersons and mansons and god knows what else

haha

I actually sold the anderson to pay for that. Miss it sometimes, but I don't regret it.

I might just have to buy that red one with the special inlay off you if no one else does....

theres one on your youtube page as well... :eek:

haha the zombie one? that was for a competition to win a phone - they said it doesnt matter how crap your equipment is and all that stuff, yet all the finalists were done on hi-def cameras with special effects and all sorts. im not bitter or anything hehe.

and james, unless someone buys it its not getting finished - theres over £200 worth of pickups and almost £200 of hardware to go on it yet (im gonna get x-nickel finished bridge and tuners and brushed nickel pups)

haha the zombie one? that was for a competition to win a phone - they said it doesnt matter how crap your equipment is and all that stuff, yet all the finalists were done on hi-def cameras with special effects and all sorts. im not bitter or anything hehe.

and james, unless someone buys it its not getting finished - theres over £200 worth of pickups and almost £200 of hardware to go on it yet (im gonna get x-nickel finished bridge and tuners and brushed nickel pups)

yep the zombie one (lol)

edit:

is that you playing hoodoo on your purple mattocaster? you look different in your fb picture...

My band is releasing an album on Monday and hopefully will be doing a 6 month tour later this year so if that does well ill def by that red guitar(if available) , stunning piece of work mate :)

not if i get it first!

nah, i figure that would be best as I can keep my tele that way and have that mirror top put on it. :)

hooglebug, how much would something like that natural one cost? drop me a PM if you don't want to post it here.

Not stealing johnny's idea though, just something similar i guess.

it wasnt his idea it was mine!!! hehe. he just said he wanted to incorporate the purpleheart so i came up with that. also looking to find a way to get stringing around the body edge so it looks like its got maple binding/purpleheart stringer, but has only got the stringer.

and for that one, depending on the wood used (quilt is more expensive) between £3000-3250

EDIT: also, im tracking down threaded inserts. iv just got some samples today so i'll be testing see which is best, then try to get some ordered that arent ridiculously expensive. i have all the bolts, just need the inserts! then i can have cool cavity cover and pickup mounting ring bolts instead of screws

Archived