normally you could get away with doing inlays on a scroll saw but these are too small. iv ordered some magnifying glasses so i can actually see what im doing which will help.

only other way to do it is pay some one to laser cut them, but that will be very expensive and i want to do it myself cos i like doing it

• 2 weeks later...

so

how are these coming along? haven't seen any updates recently

also, what was the finish type you used on the one you built me? it wasn't nitro, but something similar from what i remember you telling me. what should i be using to clean it with? it's got some pick scratches on it which don't seem to be coming off, and i'm wondering if they can be buffed out.

its acrylic cellulose - nitro is nitrocellulose. so similar thing. have you tried a bit of furniture polish? might work.

the tele style one has been painted again and will get clear coats on over the weekend. the lapsteel i havent touched for ages. i got too pissed off with the other one. thought i better get that out of the way so i dont bugger the other one up at the same time

oh right. all i've got is that lemon stuff used for tables and various wood surfaces, but i'm assuming that would be bad for the finish. might just try a damp cloth first. it's doing great otherwise.

have you done any flat top versions of these? (i'm guessing the junior version you have listed is a flat top)

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome, If I could have those instead then it would be cool.

I have the tuners for it, they are schaller locking tuners which according to the schaller website are 9.8mm for the tuner hole.

I think i've decided im gonna do a mirror faced guitar, so is having a 3mm mirror acrylic face on the headstock gonna be an issue at all? Im still not 100% decided on the finish of the body, So if it would be faaaaaaaaar easier to just do a black finish on the face of the headstock, then I will probably go with a black rounded body instead.

Archived