change the strings, see if any nut work needs doing, then just set it up

and its because theres been a LOT of blue figured maple winners

ohhh i see. i haven't seen any of the other winners, but seeing as i just saw your title was multi GOTM winner or whatever.... ;)

electronics are wired up then? all of a sudden i've become really impatient haha. can't wait for it.

when you're ready to get the case and for the remaining payment, send me a PM. but again, I would wait until the volcano mess is cleared up.

yeah its all wired up. got the 10's that come with the pickups on it. apart from the strings and having a few days to let it settle its ready

and i wont for the first desiree which was crap!! and the tricaster

that's cool - can't wait to play the first E5 on it

which guitar was that? not the turquoise one was it?

oh that one

still looked pretty nice from what i remember, but i think the subtleness of the 'waves' (?) on the more recent ones look a lot better.

Are there any proper hardshell cases that will fit this shape, rather than flight cases?

just saw it - looks nice, but i'd be too afraid to play it! have you done a neck-thru like that before?

also, for future reference... what sort of bridge comes standard with the strat type guitar you build? would a floyd type be possible?

the two tricasters were neckthroughs - but i was talking about the bass. that one will win i think

and it would be the wilkinson/gotoh vs410 (or whatever number it is) that would be standard but whatever you wanted on it. you got a tunamatic on this one didnt you? hehe.

also as a consequence of yours i think im gonna start using the gotoh wraparound i used on the single cut tricaster on the sakura/desiree models. cos i like it

yeah i can't actually see the poll without signing up

i'm not too familiar with the wilkinson bridges - most likely will go with a floyd or one of those ibanez things.

and yeah i generally prefer tune o matics - the wraparounds are cool as long as they have adjustable saddles. schaller makes a good adjustable saddle wrap around bridge - haven't tried the gotoh one.

Oh, and also, do you think the tone pros bridge and tailpiece actually make a noticeable difference with sustain?

thing is, you can't really tell how good a guitar is until you actually play it. sure, it can have the most amazing looking wood and stuff, but may sound and play horrible.

just my opinion though

So, I had posted that link showing that fender is doing some special run with the nocaster necks on certain guitars (the huge necks without truss rods). they said one reason is because it affects the tone/sustain...i'm wondering, as this guitar has the carbon fibre rods, if it really affects anything? i would think if it does, the difference would barely be noticeable

i'd rather have a tad less sustain than a warped neck i suppose.

Archived