whats going on with the neck? is that a photoshop?

nice pickup!

I asked for the brightest possible maple and he got paint all over it :(

and yeah, i originally wanted a pickup without pole pieces, but it doesn't look bad...so why not.

it would've looked like this

60.jpg

I just fapped so hard it blew a hole in the wall...

That black P90/Chrome BKP with the black pup ring looks fucking awesome!

But yeah, that is easily one of the most beautiful guitars I have seen in my life, the finish is superb! well fucking done anthony!

Looks great. Shame you didn't get that poleless pickup though that was very slick looking!

My only criticism is, I think a hard tail bridge would look better than the tuneomatic. Just doesn't seem like there's room for the tail piece.

yeah, it takes up some space, but i don't think it looks too bad

this thing is probably going to sustain like crazy. the bridge and tailpiece are tone pros, but i don't know if that REALLY affects the sustain

yup. thats pretty much it. i got a quick sealer coat on today cos i did the thing on the back of the headstock so i thought id get a quick coat all over it, see if there was any blue in places it shouldnt have been.

i think i should be able to get spraying next week.

Does that mean you've built seven other guitars this year? which ones?

and as for the finish...I was surprised how the flame became so much more noticeable there, but once it's finished, it should show even more.

63.jpg

I see you've updated your website as well. With the guitars you've designed, are all the completed ones listed already? I know there were a few manson types, but I can understand not wanting to put them up there.

no it means its the 8th overall (of my designs) and its 2010. the twins were 09006 and 09007. and yes, all the ones of my design that iv done are on the site. if i did a custom like a strat or tele or some other thing like that then i probably would put it on because everyone makes strats and teles and les pauls etc.

anyway, heres a mockup

47.jpg

you mean a base price for the aya? id say £1500 inc case (pickups, tuners and bridge all add up to quite a lot) tho thats just off the top of my head. could be less if i add things up differently

and yeah i just looked at all the pics on the models page and they are indeed massive when you open them seperately

will keep that in mind. I've been meaning to get a certain strat type for quite a while, but no standard guitar has the exact specs I want. I was considering building it myself, but I don't think warmoth had the exact wood type I was looking for.

still throwing around the specs, but what different types of ash can you get for that? and would it be cool if I sent you some pickups I have to use for it? (I'm not even sure if you can get these in the UK, but I'll check)

I already have two of them from when I was planning to build one myself, but for the bridge, I plan to go with the EVH frankenstein humbucker, and for the neck and middle...

http://www.norcalguitars.com/sc.html

strat P90 - about half way down the page. I already have the bridge humbucker and the neck single coil which I could send as I said. I'd just have to wait for them to get the black covers in stock again for the middle pickup.

Now, as for the bridge humbucker, it's only standard spacing unfortunately...but when I tried this pickup in a strat a while back, it just...wow. Huge sounding. Really could drive an amp. I think the best option would be installing it at an angle like a regular strat single coil. It doesn't have to line up PERFECTLY of course.

And as for ash, I'm not familiar with all types, but apparently northern hard ash...if not, swamp ash I suppose.

Archived