that must be incredibly delicate work, you must be really skilled. Maybe you could get in guitarist mag or something like that? Get some decent orders in.

+1 there can't be many people in the UK producing stuff with this kind of finesse surely?

that must be incredibly delicate work, you must be really skilled. Maybe you could get in guitarist mag or something like that? Get some decent orders in.

its harder on the blades than anything else. iv broken almost a whole packet in the last few days. damn it.

as for getting in guitarist - would be nice but im a delicate flower and im not ready for a pasting. i need to do something im happy with first

have given myself lots of blisters carving the inside of the back. it will only be attached to the rest of the guitar around the edges and is about 6-7mm thick in the hollow. it rings a lot more and should help with creating a nicely rounded sound

12-1.jpg

also cut out all the branches. it looks a bit like black plastic right now, but it still has the paper backing on and will look better once its been sanded down

13-2.jpg

while im (STILL!!) waiting for a top to come to inlay all that stuff into, i found a pic that i thought would be good for an inlay

chubbygirl.jpg

its a nudey!!!!!! im shocked and appalled.

i photoshopped what it would look like (this is without the etching obviously). the main body is white m.o.p, the shadows are black m.o.p, and the hair is abalone.

girlinlay.jpg

but iv only got some m.o.p so i couldnt do the rest. i did have a little tiny bit of abalone left from years ago but as soon as i started cutting it it fell apart.

so this is all iv been able to do. shes about 55mm from head to toe

SAM_1063.jpg

while im (still!!) waiting for a top to come to inlay all that stuff into, i found a pic that i thought would be good for an inlay

chubbygirl.jpg

its a nudey!!!!!! Im shocked and appalled.

I photoshopped what it would look like (this is without the etching obviously). The main body is white m.o.p, the shadows are black m.o.p, and the hair is abalone.

girlinlay.jpg

but iv only got some m.o.p so i couldnt do the rest. I did have a little tiny bit of abalone left from years ago but as soon as i started cutting it it fell apart.

So this is all iv been able to do. Shes about 55mm from head to toe

sam_1063.jpg

moar!

Mooooooooaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Archived