i see what you did there. very impressive - how difficult is it to do that inlay on the front, though?

its harder on the front as its more carved and also the inlay bits are smaller

and there'll be no thread on it until someone wants one. this is as far as it will go until then

that sounds like a nice ladies guitar. I think i'd be going for a light natural finish, with dark inlays all over. 6 string bass with fanned frets and built in marshall echohead.

Hoodle - I'll never have the money so don't get excited, but just as a matter of interest could you do fanned frets?

that sounds like a nice ladies guitar. I think i'd be going for a light natural finish, with dark inlays all over. 6 string bass with fanned frets and built in marshall echohead.

Hoodle - I'll never have the money so don't get excited, but just as a matter of interest could you do fanny frets?

fixed. :LOL:

just to give you an idea - theres a 10p to show how small they are. and it took me 55 minutes to cut out those 15 little flowers. and thats what i have left to do

SAM_1056.jpg

I do not envy you the task!! What are you using to cut these tiny inlay pieces?

iv decided that the branches look like crap and will be too much of a pain when it comes to finishing. they're very thin wood veneer and wont take much sanding. so when it comes to staining the top and sanding it back it will be a bugger.

so iv decided to replace my wood with horn. yes, im getting horn instead of wood. im a comedy genius

you can get it in horn form but i dont really have the tools to cut it into blanks. its the same with shell. i could just buy lots of shells but then id have to cut it into flat blanks. so its best to let other people do that and get it right rather than mess it up and waste a lot of money and material.

i do have some tagua nuts - they call it vegatable ivory because it does look a lot like it - that im going to have to cut myself. which will be fun

Archived