im relieved! i always have a massive panic that everything will be wrong and they'll hate it

I wouldn't panic if you're putting out something this good!

Orgasmic. :D

And your AF guitar is amazing. I'm very tempted to get one myself.

Thanks - and yeah, I like the sound of mine a lot too. The neck pickup in particular is amazing - lots of punch and clarity.

i'm surprised how the bridge pickup sounds when split. sort of hard to explain...almost has that sound of a tele bridge pickup, but not quite.

if i had 3000 to blow on a guitar, no doubt this would be the guy who would make it

this was a full on custom with all the fancy detailing, so they might be cheaper than that - i think sam's was a bit less. (he got a moc type with a solid finish and a few extras i think)

Glad to hear you're happy with it! :D

Would it be wrong of me to ask how it compares to the Mansons? Or is it too different a guitar to compare?

Yeah it's a completely different beast. The neck is sort of a cross between a V shape and a '59, while the mansons are soft v (although, if that's a standard profile, it could very well be different as I haven't played anything like it)

the scale (yes, the scale) is a bit shorter, while the mansons are 25.5" i think.

Guest bshuker
:awesome:

ok, first, my own picture of it (which is inevitable)

IMG_0147.jpg

Now, for the guitar itself...

I was intending to make this review short, but .. I can't.

the whole thing screams quality. neck feels great, absolutely no fret buzz either. it was pretty much in tune when I got it! the finish has a few minor flaws, but that's expected for a handmade guitar. the mansons do as well. the entire guitar is built like a tank from what i can tell - it's heavier than my les paul actually!

the sound is AMAZING. especially in the middle position. the miracle man sounds great, even coil tapped. neck pickup has a lot of punch to it.

as for the setup, the action is basically how i like it and as i said, no fret buzz at all. feels great with 11's. (what brand was used btw?)

it looks a hell of a lot better in real life too. the finish is a little darker i'd say.

being the picky bastard i am....i'd give it a 10. i've only given it maybe 15 minutes of play time, but i can't fault it.

and as i mentioned before, customer support is amazing.

it's an amazing guitar - anyone considering having a guitar built by him...DO IT!

sweet!

yeah, i'm going to try to make some demos for sam soon :awesome:

they're ernie ball nickel customs 11-52

These?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-2208-Slinky-Nickel-Wound-Light-Electric-Guitar-Strings?sku=100618

already got some 11's, but i want to avoid having to readjust anything when i change the strings

this sustains like crazy - and with the weight, you'd never know it was chambered!

do you think you could mod a mb1 to the finish of the M1D1?

As sure as I am that Ant would do a fantastic job and people would probably go more crazy for it than the standard ones, I don't think I could bare to do it!

Remember they aren't mahogany either so the wood on the back would look quite different. Sure would be interesting to see it stripped back though.

As sure as I am that Ant would do a fantastic job and people would probably go more crazy for it than the standard ones, I don't think I could bare to do it!

Remember they aren't mahogany either so the wood on the back would look quite different. Sure would be interesting to see it stripped back though.

there is that yeah, was just a idea, the lad with the mb1 has been in touch but hasnt got back to me since

*cough*

IMG_0035.jpg

Even though I'm sure he'd go a great job, I wouldn't do it really. Do you suppose a mirror topped MB-1 is a possibility? (as in a standard model)

Ah ok, I thought you were implying that Shatter was mahogany and you could do it with that!

No way, I fucking love that finish.

Almost as much as I fucking love coloring.

Few more shots of the AF:

IMG_0148.jpg

You can't see the logo shine there. The flame part was from the same wood that Sam's neck came from, so it looks pretty nice.

IMG_0150.jpg

12th fret inlay. It's actually better to look at it vertically, since it was intended to be a flame.... sort of.