Manson Replica Wiring Help

MegaEBoy

Hello, I know this will probably get merged into the "Luthiery thread" but, it had no help on there.

I am making a Manson Replica, and instead of starting from scrath, I took an old guitar, not even sure what it is, all I know is that it is a Westone thunderbird methinks :unsure:

I have a P90 in the neck (as always :p) and an EMG in the bridge, 2 Vol, 2 Tone and a 3-Way selector. How the *%$@ do I wire these up?

I have Pics, but I'm not too sure how to upload them :p

Thanks

EDIT: Westone Spectrum ST

I imagine there's a schematic somewhere online for that setup if you do a google search. Although I'm really not very good with wiring so that's all I can help you with

I have looked on Google, but it was more useless than an amp without a plug :(

is it an active or passive emg? if its passive just wire it like any two pickup set up

Uuuuhhhm, all I know is that it is an EMG pickup, not a clue what sound etc :L sorry

I just thought there would be a simple "Single coil to humbucker" diagram

Go here.

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/c=9gFJWMR1Z9zNwciOW7aqc6MWo/category/wiring_resources_guitar_wiring_diagrams.2_pickup_guitar_wiring_diagrams/

All these diagrams are for 2 humbuckers. All you have to do is substitute the p90 in there. If you can't figure out what to change based on that you should take it to a tech.

Also if its an active EMG you will most likely have a serious output mismatch between the 2 pickups.

Go here.

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/c=9gFJWMR1Z9zNwciOW7aqc6MWo/category/wiring_resources_guitar_wiring_diagrams.2_pickup_guitar_wiring_diagrams/

All these diagrams are for 2 humbuckers. All you have to do is substitute the p90 in there. If you can't figure out what to change based on that you should take it to a tech.

Also if its an active EMG you will most likely have a serious output mismatch between the 2 pickups.

If you want I can post photos, I'll just need someone to tell me how to :)

put photos onto a site like photobucket and then link or add pics using the codes they give you.

if it is an active pickup just use 25k pots with the humbucker and normal pots with the p90. the middle setting on the 3-way will suffer though

No, Its pretty worthless, My P-90 only came as it is, no mounting screws/instructions etc. not very helpful eh?

Well there's kind of a problem if you don't know if the EMG is active. You know that whole pesky battery thing.

Archived