Irish stalker 'freaks out' Muse frontman

Pinky753

I love how Matt feels like saying "I still think Irish are cool, btw" :LOL:

Yeah me too. It's a bit worrying though because something like that might encourage them. Yes he said he likes irish people but THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE'S IN LOVE WITH YOU, MR STALKER!

I hope Matt's alright. He should get a big beefy threatening looking bloke to stand outside his house. Maybe this man could do it:

MuseChrisWolstenholme49.JPG

no offense, and i am not protecting this murf guy (which he really is creepy), but muse are a big fucking band and there should be lots of stuff like this. if i was that famous and i talked and wrote songs about the stuff they do then i would expect to get some very strange interaction from some wierd fans.

yes they are just people like you and me but the differences stop there. they are rich, famous, and in the media so i dont feel bad for matt at all.

no offense, and i am not protecting this murf guy (which he really is creepy), but muse are a big fucking band and there should be lots of stuff like this. if i was that famous and i talked and wrote songs about the stuff they do then i would expect to get some very strange interaction from some wierd fans.

yes they are just people like you and me but the differences stop there. they are rich, famous, and in the media so i dont feel bad for matt at all.

You're a bit fucking cold then. I mean, I'd give anything to be in that mans shoes but I wouldn't wish a legion of freaks on him because "it goes with being famous." It shouldn't do. That's like saying that it's ok for someone to get held up who works in a bank because that goes with the job. It happens to some people who work in banks... but it shouldn't!

Yeah me too. It's a bit worrying though because something like that might encourage them. Yes he said he likes irish people but THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE'S IN LOVE WITH YOU, MR STALKER!

I hope Matt's alright. He should get a big beefy threatening looking bloke to stand outside his house. Maybe this man could do it:

MuseChrisWolstenholme49.JPG

:LOL:

non-famous, non-rich people get stalked too sometimes. by an ex, a neighbour, a random guy they used to take the bus with... people growing obsessions are wrong whoever is the object of the obsession. it appears here that we only happen to know it because Matt is famous indeed and that's how that guy started his obsession, but it doesn't change much, stalking is wrong, there are laws about it (restraining orders or something ?)

besides it's a bit mean what you're saying, "you're rich so shut up if a freak shows up, you've looked for it ?" :stunned: Matt just wanted to play music, he never dreamt he'd have freaks at his doorstep :stunned:

what if the guy's obsession grows and the next step is to physically threaten Matt or his relatives ?

the stalker is wrong, from whatever angle I look at it.

You're a bit fucking cold then. I mean, I'd give anything to be in that mans shoes but I wouldn't wish a legion of freaks on him because "it goes with being famous." It shouldn't do. That's like saying that it's ok for someone to get held up who works in a bank because that goes with the job. It happens to some people who work in banks... but it shouldn't!

I think he just means there's no rational point in feeling sorry for Mr. Bellamy, because this sort of behaviour on the part of fans is inevitable and to be expected, when following the career path that he did. With no way of solving this, why fret about it?

Yeah, probably, but when you have an obviously obsessive Irish fan with an interest in hidden/cryptic messages and fate claiming he lives in Milan and he is going to "have to watch them closely", and a few months later an obsessive Irish fan turns up at Matt's house in Italy leaving cryptic messages for him to follow... It's just a few too many coincidences to be completely comfortable isn't it? :stunned::LOL:

Yeah, it could have been him, but I kinda got the impression that it was more like he made the 27death club thread, people said he was a stalker, he made up a story, someone said "omg, are you the one matt talked about??" and he said "yes".... I mean, what would you expect him to say? ;)

I could be wrong, of course, but from what I read I got the impression he was just someone here to have some fun with people, picked up on their comments and told them what he thought they wanted to hear.

I also get the impression from Matt's original comments that the stalker guy is more of a seriously paranoid type than a joking type.

I asked Murf27 was he the guy Matt was talking about in the the 27 death club thread and he said he was so I guess its pretty much confirmed!:p

I don't know about that... it's the internet, anyone can claim anything. How can you know he wasn't just playing with you?

You know why I ask this? Because I'M the guy! I've been stalking Matt for years, even as I write this I'm sitting outside his house hoping he comes out so I can ask him about 9/11.

I'm so thrilled he's mentioned me in a couple of interviews! We were meant to be together, I don't know why he never returns my phone calls. It's like he talks to me through the CD's asking me to make contact and then when I do he ignores me. :(

:p

I think he just means there's no rational point in feeling sorry for Mr. Bellamy, because this sort of behaviour on the part of fans is inevitable and to be expected, when following the career path that he did. With no way of solving this, why fret about it?

so stalking is normal when you're famous ? :stunned:

again, stalking happens to non famous persons and it is thought wrong then, so why not in this case ?

and I do feel sorry for Matt here ! being stalked must be scary and you must feel awful, does being famous make him emotion - proof ?

you scare me people saying this is normal. STALKING IS NOT NORMAL, even for famous people ! they are human beings just the same !!! :mad:

so stalking is normal when you're famous ? :stunned:

again, stalking happens to non famous persons and it is thought wrong then, so why not in this case ?

and I do feel sorry for Matt here ! being stalked must be scary and you must feel awful, does being famous make him emotion - proof ?

you scare me people saying this is normal. STALKING IS NOT NORMAL, even for famous people ! they are human beings just the same !!! :mad:

Lay applied evolutionary psychology:

Empathy serves a purpose, with a negative effect for a more positive effect. Humans come to understand purpose, humans observe purpose.

Case comes to light, humans observe that in this case the positive effect is impossible, therefore the empathy has an - in this case - purposeless negative effect, stress, receptor overload and perhaps even depression (hey, some fans are that attached to the musicians they're fans of).

No one's saying it's not wrong, I don't think - you're unintentionally(?) equivocating two independent assertions; empathy and moral status. As for whether it's normal, you're leaving out context there. For famous people, it is normal. For those who aren't famous, it isn't.

Lay applied evolutionary psychology:

Empathy serves a purpose, with a negative effect for a more positive effect. Humans come to understand purpose, humans observe purpose.

Case comes to light, humans observe that in this case the positive effect is impossible, therefore the empathy has an - in this case - purposeless negative effect, stress, receptor overload and perhaps even depression (hey, some fans are that attached to the musicians they're fans of).

No one's saying it's not wrong, I don't think - you're unintentionally(?) equivocating two independent assertions; empathy and moral status. As for whether it's normal, you're leaving out context there. For famous people, it is normal. For those who aren't famous, it isn't.

I'm not sure I fully understand your post here :wtf:

But look at is this way: in one hand, a Mr Smith being stalked by a guy who grew an obsession on him for whatever reason. In the other hand, Mr Bellamy being stalked by a guy who grew an obsession on him because he's famous.

I can accept the idea that it's easier to grow obsessions on public persons, as they are public, and therefore it happens proportionally more often for them than for unknown persons, therefore it's sadly enough a common downside of the celebrity. But there's no way you can call it "normal". There's no more ground to grow an obsession for Mr Smith than for Mr Bellamy, it's all about having a disorder of some sort in both cases...

I'm not sure I fully understand your post here :wtf:

But look at is this way: in one hand, a Mr Smith being stalked by a guy who grew an obsession on him for whatever reason. In the other hand, Mr Bellamy being stalked by a guy who grew an obsession on him because he's famous.

I can accept the idea that it's easier to grow obsessions on public persons, as they are public, and therefore it happens proportionally more often for them than for unknown persons, therefore it's sadly enough a common downside of the celebrity. But there's no way you can call it "normal". There's no more ground to grow an obsession for Mr Smith than for Mr Bellamy, it's all about having a disorder of some sort in both cases...

It's abnormal (psychopathological) behaviour on the part of the stalker, but the fact that a famous person is being stalked is normal.

The two aren't the same.

I think Matt's doing the right thing by not completely ignoring the stalker and accepting his "gifts" or whatever, and not calling him a freak or anything, because I think it gets kinda nasty otherwise. :stunned:

Look what happened to Jodie Foster--or Ronald Reagan actually. ;)

Archived