Panasonic DMC-ZS3 for Muse

Bruceleeroy

I would love to be able to afford that TZ10! I have an old Canon S5 IS, the photo quality is outstanding but the video quality is SD and the sound is crap for concerts (bass drum and amps blast it to hell). I was hoping to be able to afford a new camera like that before the NY/NJ shows but I cant really spend $300+ at the moment.

Well now I doubled back on my decision not to get a Lumux now that I got a big paycheck :LOL: My thing is I need to pick between the TZ7 and TZ10. The cameras photo abilities look similar, but lately Ive been seeing videos on youtube between the two, and it almost seems like the TZ10 has some audio issues, like the sound is softer than it should be. Maybe its the noise suppressor being on, but it seems like when someone is far away from the stage it picks up on the crowds noise over the band.

I dont know if anyone has both or has compared them personally, but if you could tell me which of the 2 has better audio capture at concerts Id greatly appreciate it, Im ordering mine in the next day or two to make sure I get it by the NY/NJ shows.

Well now I doubled back on my decision not to get a Lumux now that I got a big paycheck :LOL: My thing is I need to pick between the TZ7 and TZ10. The cameras photo abilities look similar, but lately Ive been seeing videos on youtube between the two, and it almost seems like the TZ10 has some audio issues, like the sound is softer than it should be. Maybe its the noise suppressor being on, but it seems like when someone is far away from the stage it picks up on the crowds noise over the band.

I dont know if anyone has both or has compared them personally, but if you could tell me which of the 2 has better audio capture at concerts Id greatly appreciate it, Im ordering mine in the next day or two to make sure I get it by the NY/NJ shows.

Were those videos between the TZ7 and TZ10 taken at the same gig? I only have a TZ7 so I can't comment on the TZ10 but sounds will be different according to venue. Arenas tends to have the best sound because of the acoustic but I did notice that the sound quality was less at wembley (both at the barrier and further away) because of the acoustic.

I think the only differences between TZ7 and TZ10 is the number of megapixels and the fact that the TZ10 has a complete manual setting and a GPS.

Well after talking to a couple other TZ10 owners and getting a sweet discount through a friend of mine, I have one en route!

I just need pointers on two things:

1 - Best photo and video settings for a Muse concert

2 - tips on maximizing battery life, especially if a fair amount of video is intended to be taken

Archived