Muse/MTV Exit

Stephanie***

I used the search option but couldn't find something so please excuse if this have already been posted before!

MTV EXIT and alternative rock band MUSE have announced the upcoming release of a music video that dramatically highlights the danger and impact of human trafficking. The video will be unveiled in special preview screenings during the band's Wembley Stadium concerts in UK on September 10th and 11th.

Produced for the band's track MK Ultra from the album The Resistance, the video will premiere globally across all of MTV's properties on-air and on-line on Friday, September 17, 2010.

This video is the third in a series of award winning music video collaborations to highlight the dangers and impact of human trafficking that launched in 2008 with Radiohead for their track All I Need, and was followed up with The Killers in 2009 with a video by David Slade (Twilight: Eclipse) for the song Goodnight, Travel Well.

http://mtvexit.org

TBF, watching those vids, it's sort of like a music video, but rather than focusing on the music, we should be focusing on the video.

Yep, But what a great pairing. What an impact it could make. providing anyone gives a shit about these people! Lets hope

:'( The radiohead one. There are times when I can hardly walk into a clothes store tbh without thinking about the possible exploitation that has gone into making those clothes. It's totally sick! Both things are obviously sick. I had to have a bit of a cry after watching them.

Good on Muse for getting involved.

I don't know but I think that the difference between the two activities is that the second (people trafficking for prostitution) is considered criminal. The first is part and parcel of our capitalistic "ideal".:(

I don't know but I think that the difference between the two activities is that the second (people trafficking for prostitution) is considered criminal. The first is part and parcel of our capitalistic "ideal".:(

Actually I thought the same thing... :erm: I didn't feel any more disgusted by either side.

I'm still watching The Killers one right now.

Anyway, I think this is a fantastic series. It's depressing, but it's the truth...

I am so proud they are doing this. MK Ultra is lyricly the best song for campaign.

The videos from Radiohead and The Killers are deep... :'(

But this is the REAL WORLD we are living in! :'(

I think Unnatural Selection would have been more poignant but that's splitting hairs.

Actually I thought the same thing... :erm: I didn't feel any more disgusted by either side.

I'm still watching The Killers one right now.

Anyway, I think this is a fantastic series. It's depressing, but it's the truth...

I'm disgusted by both, but what's so awful about the child labour, or any kind of exploitive labour is that in the West, we are living of the backs of it. Whenever we buy clothes cheap, it's likely that someone is getting paid peanuts and working long hours in order to produce it. Of course the biggest winners are likely to be the conglomerates or the middle men. (The opposing argument as I understand is that the people working depend on the work or they would starve, so you can't take it away, but it still doesn't seem just).

In contrast there's probably not so many people taking advantage of trafficked prostitutes (or any prostitutes incidentally). That doesn't make it any less terrible, but it's just that, as far as I know, the majority are not helping to produce it.

I think Unnatural Selection would have been more poignant but that's splitting hairs.

Acually I think Resistance wouldn't have been too bad.

"Is our secret safe tonight and are we out of sight" etc... "It could be wrong, could be wrong"

However it's more about the focus of a certain person/s rather than an entire group of people, which is why it wouldn't work specifically for this campaign.

I can see how the lyrics in relation to lies and deception, and replacing love and happiness with fear fit in in MK Ultra, particularly in relation to the young women who pay these gangs to transport them in the hope of a better life, and instead end up being forced into prostitution. :( God it's dreadful. :(

Archived