Rank the gigs you attended from best to „worst“

Claudia O

• 1 month later...

Best - Nottingham Arena 2003 or Wembley Stadium Night 2 2010

Worst - London o2 arena night 1 2009 by quite some distance. Nottingham Arena 2006 was also disappointing (BHaR in full off the cuff so bad version of Exo-Politics, weird flow, only gig on the leg of the tour with no Bliss). Also Glastonbury 2010 was boring despite Citizen Erased.

The last two gigs (Cologne Stadium 2019, Tempelhof Festival) have been decent, definitely above average 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

1. Emirates Stadium, London 2012.

2. Newport Centre, South Wales, ?

3. O2, London, same year as 2.

4. The London Stadium, 2018?

So big I could barely see Murph from the back.  Hated the lasers.  Massive screen over band's head.  Paranoid that it was going to fall on them.  Lasers?  I couldn't have cared less. I wanted to see MUSE!

• Like 1

In order from "worst" (although no Muse gig I've been to has been truly terrible) to best:

8. The O2, 15th September 2019. While it was cool to see The Void performed (especially given it only ever had three live playings) and Nothing But Thieves were a great support act, I'd already seen them once already that year and I spent most of it wondering why I'd gone again given how similar the show was this time. I was also really far back in seats so the atmosphere wasn't particularly exciting.

7. London Stadium, 1st June 2019. The earlier of two 2019 shows, an awesome sunny day and I was happy to finally hear Bliss performed, but otherwise a fairly meh setlist with not as many rarities as previous shows I'd seen.

6. Reading Festival, 27th August 2017. Hearing Take a Bow in this was fantastic, only my third Muse gig, and the Back in Black with Brian Johnson was a great surprise, but overall this was heavily overshadowed by a gig earlier that year that I was still recovering from...

5. Alcatraz Milan, 26th October 2022. First and only non-UK gig so far, incredible to see them in such a small venue, and a short but great setlist - lots of new Will of the People songs, plus the likes of Assassin and New Born. I'd seen them twice earlier that year though and those other two gigs were even better...

4. Hammersmith Apollo, 9th May 2022. The utter joy of them being *finally* back after three years. A fantastic setlist with one of my all time dream songs Space Dementia finally being performed along with Citizen Erased, a mad rarity in the form of The Gallery and a small venue I was lucky to get tickets for. Shame I was up in the top seated bit though, if only I was on the standing floor downstairs...

3. Hammersmith Apollo, 10th May 2022. I'm on the standing floor downstairs!! A great gig the night before is made even better, especially when they add New Born in this time. Overjoyed that a band I'd loved for years and who I'd already seen live several times before can still storm it so much in 2022.

2. Emirates Stadium, 26th May 2013. My first Muse gig and what a one to start with! I was so new to them live I went in hoping they'd play Sunburn for the sole reason that it was quite sunny that day, so when they actually go and play that, followed by a surprise Butterflies & Hurricanes, I was in heaven. And what an opener Supremacy was with it always reminding me of the overwhelming feeling of actually seeing them live for the first time. A brilliant mix of old and (then) new, and had it not been for a certain gig four years later this would still be my #1 favourite...

1. Shepherd's Bush Empire, 19th August 2017. Still can't believe this was only my second Muse gig. So much has been written about this one but it really was one of the best gigs and nights of my life, and it being when I lived down the road from the venue was just perfect. One of their best shows ever, one of their best setlists ever, one of the best crowds ever. Even just hearing Muscle Museum today takes me back to screaming it at the top of my lungs with Matt and the gang that night :)

• Like 3

On 7/2/2023 at 9:06 PM, BillyH said:

1. Shepherd's Bush Empire, 19th August 2017. Still can't believe this was only my second Muse gig. So much has been written about this one but it really was one of the best gigs and nights of my life, and it being when I lived down the road from the venue was just perfect. One of their best shows ever, one of their best setlists ever, one of the best crowds ever. Even just hearing Muscle Museum today takes me back to screaming it at the top of my lungs with Matt and the gang that night :)

Oh yes, I wish I had been there, but sadly missed out on tickets. Would easily have been my number 1 also!

Edited by Meisver

Have been to so many, it's not easy to choose. In 2002 I saw them for the first time on Pinkpop, but I don't remember much of it (ahum festivalvibe...) and was not going there especially for Muse, but after that I really started following their music.  Only in the last 10 years I have been able to go to as much gigs as I (and my finances) can afford. It's quite an expensive hobby to have.... And I can write a book about all the adventures and fellow Musers I encounter when I'm going to a Muse gig. 

So I made a selection.

Don't know if there is a 'worst". Maybe the worst was June 4 2013 in the Amsterdam Arena. But that was due to the terrible acoustic in this venue, and not because of Muse. Also the roof of the venue had to be closed, so a lot of the fireworks could not be done. But I was still blown away by Unintended and a beautiful Sunburn on the piano and lost my voice for about 3 days. I'm so happy they chose the Ziggo Dome for their future gigs in Amsterdam.

Also one to remember March 7 2016 in the Ziggo Dome Amsterdam. The Drones Tour. For the first time I heard Citizen Erased live, and I really cried. That week I went to Cologne at  March 6, Amsterdam at 7 and 9, but that concert on Monday 7 was the best of the three of them.  That evening I also met one of my (now) best friends, and since then we often go to Muse concerts together.

Very special one was June 27 2019 in the Goffertpark Nijmegen. Went there with my two sons (then 15 and 13 years old). They said to me afterwards: "we don't like their music when you play it at home, but live they are really good." Especially KOC made a big impression on them.

Also one to remember 15 September 2019 at the O2 London. Just a few weeks before that I randomly checked if there were still tickets available, and to my surprise there was a standing ticket. Just for me, it felt like. That evening I managed to get on barrier, and well that was amazing. Filmed Stockholm Syndrome from up close. Buzzing. It was my last Muse gig before Covid came.

But the gigs in small venues are really special. As was December 3 2018 at the RAH in London. As they tried out a lot of the Simulation songs, but we also sang Happy birthday to Chris, and oh my God: Showbiz and the metal medley. In such a venue, wow that really was amazing, felt so privileged to have been there.

Let's not forget May 9 2022 at the Apollo Hammersmith. I had broken my arm just weeks before, and it was still in a cast, but I just had to go as I also felt so lucky to have gotten a ticket for that show.  On standing level, I did not want to go in the pit because of my arm, but still had a blast. And it was so hot in there. Oh the excitement seeing Muse after 2,5 years, with no Covid restrictions and new WOTP material. And then also The Gallery and setlist was just great. Think this gig is my number 1 up to date.

Latest I have to highlight was May 27 2023 at the Home Park in Plymouth. Show was incredible again, but no gems were played as expected. But for me being at a concert at their "Home Ground" (well nearly), made it extra special, and of course I've been to the mural in Teignmouth a day later. Made a sort of holiday in Devon from it. Not bad for a fan coming from the Netherlands.

Next autumn the journey continues as I'm going to Dublin on September 27 2023. Who knows what they will bring then.

Edited by Meisver
  • Like 1

What a list! 👏 congrats on the ticket in Dublin, maybe they‘ll play more deepcuts then, or at least fan faves like Citizen erased, or Stockholme Syndrom 🤞 some are speculating with special shows because of Absolution turning 20, but I don‘t have high hopes. 

On 7/7/2023 at 8:49 PM, Claudia O said:

What a list! 👏 congrats on the ticket in Dublin, maybe they‘ll play more deepcuts then, or at least fan faves like Citizen erased, or Stockholme Syndrom 🤞 some are speculating with special shows because of Absolution turning 20, but I don‘t have high hopes. 

Claudia, I will bring my Muse flag with me and you know, Absolution is my favourite. but hey I'll be happy if they play some gem over there. Must be.