MTV : Celebrate Independence Day With Muse And Other Fireworks-Friendly Videos

chudenk

This weekend, the United States celebrates Independence Day. The holiday commemorates the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the document drafted by the Second Continental Congress that officially announced the secession of the new United States of America from its British overlords and signed on July 4, 1776. In honor of the symbolic formation of a new nation and the beginning of the long road toward independence, Americans will spend the weekend barbecuing, watching baseball, hanging by the pool and watching copious amounts of fireworks.

Fireworks and music certainly aren't strangers, as all manner of pyrotechnics are a common addition to bands touring arenas and stadiums. There is also no shortage of fireworks featured in music videos, from benign sparklers to massive blasts of flashy fun. Check out the video playlist below, which features the 10 greatest clips that feature fireworks displays.

Muse, "Starlight"

The band boards some kind of giant ship, and when night falls, the sky lights up. Muse never do anything half way, so when they light the fuse, the show gets truly explosive.

Pyro Level: 9

Source

interesting list, but i see they have left out easily the best use (or at least *most*) of fireworks in a video - Audioslave's Cochise. IF Muse's Starlight get a pyro rating of 9 for a few flares on a ship, then I wonder what Cochise would have got? 23?

interesting list, but i see they have left out easily the best use (or at least *most*) of fireworks in a video - Audioslave's Cochise. IF Muse's Starlight get a pyro rating of 9 for a few flares on a ship, then I wonder what Cochise would have got? 23?

Love that video! And that song too :yesey:

Archived