Vote for Muse's Glastonbury Set

bonojovi

well, i wonder..

i love radiohead almost as much as muse, and i didn't go to glasto this year so i only saw both sets on tv/youtube etc.

but, while i don't doubt the epicness of what thom and jonny did they *did* have an advantage...i mean, they are an older band than muse, they turned up by surprise, in secret. they had a tiny stage, the set was stripped down, and they played favourite radiohead songs.

muse were headliners and and there were expectations and hype... i wonder what the reaction would have been if they had been in each other's positions..

just saying..

I lol'd, Muse is far more superior live then Radiohead will ever be and I am a Radiohead fan. + Give me Matts voice any day of the week over Thom Yorke who sounded quite bad tbh @ Glastonbury.

Yea I have never heard a crowd sing to a song before that was quite amazing with Karma Police... Oh wait nevermind most bands fans sing along to their songs, especially muse fans.

Hell they even sang House of the rising sun and of course others like TIRO, Starlight and KOC that are always great

Around 2004 I would have agreed that Muse are better than Radiohead live.

These days? No way.

There's no way they should be beating Thom Yorke.

:facepalm: Honestly, I'm a Radiohead fan as well, but everyone seems to think that Thom Yorke can do NO wrong whatsoever. Well, he does have his fair share of poor/okay performances, including the Glastonbury one. He is only human after all. I think he's best when playing with his band and not on his own or with only Jonny to help him out.

I also think that the songs from The Eraser are not the best of his material bar the title track and a few others like Harrowdown Hill. As such, the Radiohead material that was played was much more interesting and powerful (keep in mind that these were only half the set).

I do respect Thom very much as an artist, even over Matt Bellamy at times, but some of you guys should stop sucking his c***.

/endrant

For me personally, Radiohead has always been the better live band. Even around 2003/2004 Radiohead were pretty awesome live. The legendary Glastonbury 2003 show is proof of that. It bothers me to see people use the whole technical ability thing when comparing bands, if I went with this way of thinking I would be forced to pick some random prog metal band live because they could easily outplay both Radiohead and Muse on a technical level. It would be like picking Celine Dion over Bjork, because Celine Dion can technically out sing her. When in reality Bjork has better songs than Celine Dion.This is mainly why I prefer Radiohead live over Muse live because Radiohead just have better songs to choose from compared to what Muse have. Also another thing is, I've seen Muse live 4 times and Radiohead 6 times and Muse has played pretty much the same exact set every time, and each of their performances were very samey to the last almost as if they were mailing it in. For me, Radiohead have the advantage of having a bigger more diverse catalog of music to work with, and like I said earlier... a catalog that I find superior to what Muse has. Plus from the shows I've been to Radiohead had a larger set list with multiple encores, and each new show was radically different than the last. Even the music itself was evolving with new bits added every time I saw them.

Archived