Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Are you going?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Are you going?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

So hopefully what Lauren said was true, or else we run like hell!!!

And BEC still haven't replied to me...

I actually am regaining confidence for the barrier. So pumped. I'm not looking forward to the line up though. Boredom...

Oh sweet, so does that mean that whatever gate were at, everyone lines up outside the foyer initially!?! That would be such a relief if true!!!

Yeah that is right, but once you are inside the foyer you have to line up outside your designated gate. But if what was in the letter to Aiden is correct, they open all the gates at the same time, so if you have one of the back gates you may not make barrier even if you have been lining up all day :(

hell yes :D

uuuuuurgh.

hahaha i got the same email just then!

bugger... but then, if they take our tix at the doors to GA and we are like, the first people at our door, there won't be many people in there yet...

Now i reckon, people will get through at around 1 person every 2 seconds from each door, which means 8 people let in per 2 seconds... if we are one of the first 8 to be let in, it's almost definite that we will reach barrier, seeing as it will be only 35 meters from the gate to the barrier, and an average person could sprint 100m in 12ish seconds so 35 meters will be like 4 seconds. My very detailed map says that the gates are in the middle of the seats and that we have to go down a flight of steps to get into the GA?

I don't know what to do though.

EDIT: OMG the prizes!

The one major prize winner will receive: 1 x Ibanez Guitar personally signed by Muse 1 x Double Pass to the Muse show at the venue closest to the winner’s city 1 x Meet and Greet with Muse before the show (winner and friend) 1 x Muse prize pack [NB: no travel or transport is included in the prize – winners must make their own way to the venue]

The one runner-up will receive: 1 x Double Pass to the Muse show at the venue closest to the winner’s city 1 x Meet and greet with Muse before the show (winner and friend) 1 x Muse prize pack [NB: no travel or transport is included in the prize – winners must make their own way to the venue]

Oh sweet, so does that mean that whatever gate were at, everyone lines up outside the foyer initially!?! That would be such a relief if true!!!

I went to Metallica on the 18th October and yeah everybody gets filtered through a gate out the front that opens around 5.30. Might still wanna get their early though.

No running from the front gate to the venue doors is allowed or security will send you back to the front. At least this means somebody more athletic won't beat you to barrier. The the venue doors inside open about half an hour before the opening act so that should be about 6.00 - 6.30.

You will get an email a week before the concert to tell you running times.

aw crap!

was i only allowed to enter the comp after 6?

From 6pm Monday November 8th hit the triple j super request website and register your intent to meet the hottest trio in rock - MUSE and see their big show in your state WITH A MATE.

From 6 pm... DAMN i've already entered it!

eh i'll just enter it again after 6 i spose.

I went to Metallica on the 18th October and yeah everybody gets filtered through a gate out the front that opens around 5.30. Might still wanna get their early though.

No running from the front gate to the venue doors is allowed or security will send you back to the front. At least this means somebody more athletic won't beat you to barrier. The the venue doors inside open about half an hour before the opening act so that should be about 6.00 - 6.30.

You will get an email a week before the concert to tell you running times.

Hmm, sounds promising. I'm backing myself again now. I reckon we'll be okay.

Btw I had a couple of mates who went to Metallica, and they said they were amazing! Were you in the pit??

And a massive hells yeah to that comp!!!! :awesome:

Hmm, sounds promising. I'm backing myself again now. I reckon we'll be okay.

Btw I had a couple of mates who went to Metallica, and they said they were amazing! Were you in the pit??

And a massive hells yeah to that comp!!!! :awesome:

I've been in the Metallica moshpit before (Big day out 2004) but this time around I was in seating. I had seats right up the front and the way the stage was set up in the centre of the venue you got up real close.

I'm mulling over a few comical ideas for the meet and greet comp but I don't know if they will work or not. :D

I've been in the Metallica moshpit before (Big day out 2004) but this time around I was in seating. I had seats right up the front and the way the stage was set up in the centre of the venue you got up real close.

I'm mulling over a few comical ideas for the meet and greet comp but I don't know if they will work or not. :D

Sounds like it would have been awesome!

I have an idea too, a little easier to pull off, but hopefully not too boring to be ignored. Would jizz if won.

A lot of people, eh?

Will you get everyone together to sing the riff or something?

that would be awesome!

Ahh, I'll never tell....

Yes I will.

Yeah, I said I'd get like 20 people in and do it acapella, including the like siren wailing stuff from the HAARP version.

Now tell yours!!!!

Ahh, I'll never tell....

Yes I will.

Yeah, I said I'd get like 20 people in and do it acapella, including the like siren wailing stuff from the HAARP version.

Now tell yours!!!!

ohh that is epic!

so much more grandiose than mine...

Mine is just tapping out the riff using Papermate biro's.

it actually works haha!

my sister is going to put one in too... we're going to conspire together!

ohh that is epic!

it actually works haha!

wow, that is hard to do!!!! how the hell do you do that!?!?! :p

good thinking, someone from the board has to win! preferably from Brisbane, come on peeps!

ohh that is epic!

it actually works haha!

Wow, triple j really know how to make crazy competitions

wow, that is hard to do!!!! how the hell do you do that!?!?! :p

good thinking, someone from the board has to win! preferably from Brisbane, come on peeps!

yes it is very hard!

it's difficult to actually hear the tune... i'm going to have to practice alot and find a decent surface that gives a good sound haha...

yus because Brisbane is WIN!!!

yes it is very hard!

it's difficult to actually hear the tune... i'm going to have to practice alot and find a decent surface that gives a good sound haha...

yus because Brisbane is WIN!!!

Well I am impressed!! I want you to win just so I can try and hear it done!!

Archived