David Slade reflects upon working with 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' soundtrack's Muse

David Slade reflects upon working with 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' soundtrack's Muse

DS_Muse_pic.jpg

Muse's Matthew Bellamy - David Slade (via Twitpic)

After singing the praises of Battles the day before, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse director David Slade declared yesterday "Mighty Muse Day" so as to celebrate his appreciation for the band and its inclusion on the film's official soundtrack.

In his running list of tweets about the band, Slade took a bit of a trip down memory lane, recounting his history of directing music videos for the group.

After the MIGHT BATTLES day I declare today MUSE day.

I will be working all days so the mentions of the MIGHTY MUSE will be sporadic, lets start here:

Hyper Music was the 3rd video I directed for Matt, Dom & Chris, an age ago, it my fav. of all of the performance driven videos I have done.

One of the other videos Slade directed for Muse was "

," and he gave fans a peek at one of his personal photographs from that video shoot (above).

NEWBORN vid was shot in a barn & an alley in Prague, + a day of blue screen in London. It was tough. Amazing edit by the MASTER Art Jones.

Same goes for the master's work on HYPERMUSIC

If anyone doesn't know MUSE or is unsure about them based on the music. See them live. Then you will agree they are THE MIGHTY MUSE.

It's doubtful that any Twilight fans, by this point, are unfamiliar with Muse since they've appeared on the soundtracks for both Twilight and The Twilight Saga: New Moon (and were a vehement must-have for most fans with the Eclipse album as well - especially after buzz that they wouldn't be on it). Still, he's absolutely right that the band is a treat in-person!

Muse recently reached out to a couple of sources to talk about their Eclipse song ("Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)," and Matthew Bellamy revealed firstly that the song was written shortly after a break-up and secondly that it was "a song looking right back on that moment that you first get with someone and everything feels like its going to go on forever." A little ironic, perhaps?

As you know, the song has been unveiled in full on several outlets (including iTunes), so if you've listened to it, what did you think?

Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-4908-Twilight-Examiner~y2010m5d19-David-Slade-reflects-upon-working-with-The-Twilight-Saga-Eclipse-soundtracks-Muse

Archived