Subject change methinks.

How about we discuss the crappiness of BH&R :)

The only truly good songs are Take a Bow and Hoodoo. :awesome:

Everything else is either average or HORRIBLE. :D

O I c how it is :awesome:

:D

i haven't listened to muse in a month. is that controversial?

i don't think it is anymore. :LOL:

:LOL: Not really. I mean, I'll listen to them when they're on the radio or when I'm listening to the Eclipse soundtrack (olol :$), but otherwise pretty much nothing for about 3, 4 months.

Edited by rainingradioheads

Take a Bow is awesome.

Starlight is meh.

Supermassive Black Hole is meh.

Map of the Problematique is awesome.

Soldier's Poem is awesome.

Invincible is meh, save the last chorus, which is awesome.

Assassin is good, not awesome.

Exo-Politics is good, not awesome.

City of Delusion is the best song on BHaR.

Hoodoo is awesome.

Knights of Cydonia is the second best song on BHaR.

Glorious is good.

Overall, a good, not amazing album, with a few extraordinary moments (no one's gonna taake meeeeee..., City of Delusion in it's entirety, some parts of MotP, last half of TaB, last chorus of Invincible, some parts of Hoodoo)

Consistently crap production and relatively uninspired songs (cf. the entire middle of the album)?

In my opinion, it was an album which shifts seamlessly between many diverse styles but still feels unified by an energetic rocking approach throughout (save for a couple breathers). The diversity works beautifully, as there is hardly any weaker track on it.

It also included their first ventures into pop songwriting and electronics, but they are engaging and done flawlessly. It's kinda hard to understand though, how the fans which derided Supermassive Black Hole didn't notice how its danceable styling was clearly anticipated by TIRO. And of course, most important of all: it is an incredibly fun record.

i was about to list the tracks, but i dun think people like that. :LOL:

uhh. yeah. exo politics is an icky song

and i'll probably get shot, but i don't fancy CoD either.

Mmm I didn't like CoD for awhile, but it's actually a really good track. :happy:

Exo-Politics is hilariously awful. Although I have a version of it with the guitar taken out (and maybe the vocals too, can't remember) and the synths are really awesome. :awesome:

Assassin is genuinely awful on the album.

Take a Bow is awesome.

Starlight is awesome. *is shot*

Supermassive Black Hole is alright.

Map of the Problematique is the best song on BH&R.

Soldier's Poem is boring.

Invincible is good, but kind of hard to get into.

Assassin is good.

Exo-Politics is crap musically, but I still think it's awesome.

City of Delusion is good.

Hoodoo is quite good, but gets boring. *gets shot 11 times*

Knights of Cydonia is awesome.

Glorious is brilliant.

In my opinion, it was an album which shifts seamlessly between many diverse styles but still feels unified by an energetic rocking approach throughout (save for a couple breathers). The diversity works beautifully, as there is hardly any weaker track on it.

It also included their first ventures into pop songwriting and electronics, but they are engaging and done flawlessly. It's kinda hard to understand though, how the fans which derided Supermassive Black Hole didn't notice how its danceable styling was clearly anticipated by TIRO. And of course, most important of all: it is an incredibly fun record.

Flawlessly? :wtf:

There are at least four good/great songs on there which sound awful. I hated KoC until I heard a live version. And some of the musical decisions were silly. Hoodoo on guitar <<< Hoodoo on piano.