it was actually the bands people that told the security guys to make us sit (I was listening to the guy explain it to the security people at the patriot center), we sat at MSG too :) So, I expect that they'll do the same thing at this gig.

I hope people don't get there too early :shifty: I'm not a morning person :$

Don't worry, this morning stuff is hard on me too.:LOL: I work until 2 a.m. most nights ... and who can sleep right when they get home from work? Yeah, I fall asleep at 4 or 5 a.m. So ... 6, 7 a.m. isn't really a cool time for me to get up (really neither is 10). But for Muse ... I can do it.:happy:

it was actually the bands people that told the security guys to make us sit (I was listening to the guy explain it to the security people at the patriot center), we sat at MSG too :) So, I expect that they'll do the same thing at this gig.

Really? What nice bunch of rockers they are! Las Vegas bouncers were harsh. They threatened to kick you out if you sat. My husband had a "boot" on after an ankle injury and they still made him stand while waiting in line. He was in pain, but loved Muse enough to endure it. Once they were on stage, their presence numbed the pain. ;) Muse was part of a holiday festival, so they may not have had the control to call the shots for their fans.

Since I have seats this gig being with the kids, I'm actually looking forward to not stressing out about a spot. I earned it after going GA to all the other shows. LOL! I'm on Matt's side, which is all that matters! I can go back and forth to the concession stands and really have a good time. :dance:

Any other UVA students here? I don't think ill be going to class that day, need to get my rest before getting my socks rocked.

If the security at JPJ is anything like it is at basketball games then itll just be students and elderly folks, all very nice. I'll talk to some friends that are seing Gaga at JPJ this weekend and see how security was.

That's great news! I loved the sitting thing in Atlanta. It made everything seem so chill.

I'm not a morning person either. And my mom and I are driving through the night coming from Raleigh. We'll be there, but maybe not bright eyed and bushy tailed.

This is going to seriously suck if we can't sit down in line :LOL:

:yesey: Especially considering the no sleep thing.

Any other UVA students here? I don't think ill be going to class that day, need to get my rest before getting my socks rocked.

If the security at JPJ is anything like it is at basketball games then itll just be students and elderly folks, all very nice. I'll talk to some friends that are seing Gaga at JPJ this weekend and see how security was.

Thanks! I'm curious to hear about security down there.

:yesey: Especially considering the no sleep thing.

I'm going to feel so bad for you and your mom if you can't sit. :(

Maybe you could take turns sleeping your car or hotel room....?

Hi all! I too am doing the double header Ral/C'ville. I know it's a lot to do in two days, but the way Muse scheduled C'ville before Raleigh, it left me no choice ;) Anyways, I'm going to check out the Ral thread also, but I'm mainly interested in who will be in the queue for C'ville. I have seated tickets to Ral, but GA for C'ville. I probably won't get to the queue until around 12:00 and hope that isn't too late. I have been reading about parking and hotels and wondered if there has been a concensus on what to do? Would finding a close hotel and walking over be the best bet? I didn't want to spend $100+ on a hotel, but I don't want to have parking issues either.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow Musers on this trip. I have lurked on this (and others) board for a while, but never posted. I don't know about y'all but with less than two months away, I'm getting pretty pumped. See you on 10.27!!:D

Hi all! I too am doing the double header Ral/C'ville. I know it's a lot to do in two days, but the way Muse scheduled C'ville before Raleigh, it left me no choice ;) Anyways, I'm going to check out the Ral thread also, but I'm mainly interested in who will be in the queue for C'ville. I have seated tickets to Ral, but GA for C'ville. I probably won't get to the queue until around 12:00 and hope that isn't too late. I have been reading about parking and hotels and wondered if there has been a concensus on what to do? Would finding a close hotel and walking over be the best bet? I didn't want to spend $100+ on a hotel, but I don't want to have parking issues either.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow Musers on this trip. I have lurked on this (and others) board for a while, but never posted. I don't know about y'all but with less than two months away, I'm getting pretty pumped. See you on 10.27!!:D

WELCOME ABOARD!

Where are most Musies staying at this point? Anyone know much about the Omni?

Hi all, I'm a newbie, too, to the board and to Muse - this will be my first show!!

I'm not doing GA. I have a seat, like the sedate, middle-aged person I am *chortle.* We'll be dropping the kids at Grandma's and driving down from the DC area. Would love to hear tips on where to stay.

Hi all, I'm a newbie, too, to the board and to Muse - this will be my first show!!

I'm not doing GA. I have a seat, like the sedate, middle-aged person I am *chortle.* We'll be dropping the kids at Grandma's and driving down from the DC area. Would love to hear tips on where to stay.

Hello to all the new people! :D

As far as where to stay, I don't know. Me and my family will be at the Hampton Inn a few miles away. (Not the best for queuing but it will have to work) I'm not sure if it's all booked up yet. When I was looking I thought there were a few more motel/hotels to stay in down there but I don't know how nice they are.

I'm 36 and my hubby is 39 and thanks to Muse, are having a second teenagehood! :D We will be driving with our kids from D.C., taking our two oldest to the show. I can tell you, Muse concerts are NOT sedate! Even in the seats, there will be obnoxious Musers like us that will irritate those who prefer to "sit" through the whole show because we rockin' in the stands... it is hard NOT to! :\mm/: There is a thread you can find on the forum called "Seats vs. Pit: What to expect". Very helpful! ;)

I'm 36 and my hubby is 39 and thanks to Muse, are having a second teenagehood! :D We will be driving with our kids from D.C., taking our two oldest to the show. I can tell you, Muse concerts are NOT sedate! Even in the seats, there will be obnoxious Musers like us that will irritate those who prefer to "sit" through the whole show because we rockin' in the stands... it is hard NOT to! :\mm/: There is a thread you can find on the forum called "Seats vs. Pit: What to expect". Very helpful! ;)

Yay!! I was afraid we'd be the only second teenagers there. We're not alone! :LOL: My husband is 41. I haven't been this excited about a band in ... well, a long time!

And no way do I want to sit through this show. I promise to be obnoxious! :dance:

Where did you order them from? I got mine pretty quickly.

If you got them through Ticketmaster (post pre-sale), then usually they come early. My experience with Concert Maps (Muse's preferred Vendor for pre-sales) is that unless you requested to print them out online, if you chose "by mail", they send them out two-three weeks before the gig to reduce scalping and bloated resale prices. I think we got an e-mail from them to inform us that tickets would be coming in the mail and if they didn't arrive, they gave a special number to call.

Archived