People always say they like Origin the best...and the more I listen to Origin it just sounds really repetitive. Like every song starting out with screeching. Maybe it's just me. But on their future albums I really hope Muse doesn't retread on that immature, simplistic style.

I still want Muse to keep their rock side alive, I've been a bit worried after talk that Muse is close to abandoning the rock like Radiohead did. That interview where Matt said they may take the next album in the direction of Undisclosed Desires... :mad:

I'm sick of the Muse need more rock thing.

No, just me?

Hmm...

Its just I'd rather hear a song like Stockholm or CE at a gig than a song like UD or even Resistance. (note Resistance is my 3rd fave on the album) Just my opinion like you have yours.

I like the rawk Muse but UD is a good song...to me, at least. I hate I Belong to You.

I enjoy IBTY on occasion.

People always say they like Origin the best...and the more I listen to Origin it just sounds really repetitive. Like every song starting out with screeching. Maybe it's just me. But on their future albums I really hope Muse doesn't retread on that immature, simplistic style.

I still want Muse to keep their rock side alive, I've been a bit worried after talk that Muse is close to abandoning the rock like Radiohead did. That interview where Matt said they may take the next album in the direction of Undisclosed Desires... :mad:

see i dont want another album like origin, casue than origin will not be what it is, muse i think is doing fine, exploring their sound...i'm pretty sure they'll surprise us with what ever they come out with.

Its just I'd rather hear a song like Stockholm or CE at a gig than a song like UD or even Resistance. (note Resistance is my 3rd fave on the album) Just my opinion like you have yours.

I enjoy IBTY on occasion.

Resistance is one of my favorite songs. It's a masterful three-piece epic that is just, well, a beautiful song.

But I Belong to You is so Maroon 5 it's outrageous, and then it becomes...clarinet...

Yes, but my opinions are shit, this is the first time I've had the confidence to say them in ages. :erm:

I know they don't really work live, and I don't know how to remedy that. But I don't really care what direction Muse go in as long as they're doing it out of their own personal enjoyment.

:LOL: Thats my favourite on the entire album and one of my top 10 overall.

United States is pretty "meh" for me on the record, it moves The Resistance along. Live, however, it's quite a beast. See that's why I struggle with The Resistance, is because it works amazingly well all together as an album, but there's so many "blah" songs like I Belong to You, Eurasia, or Guiding Light.

Yes, but my opinions are shit, this is the first time I've had the confidence to say them in ages. :erm:

I know they don't really work live, and I don't know how to remedy that. But I don't really care what direction Muse go in as long as they're doing it out of their own personal enjoyment.

You wouldn't care if Muse dropped the rock aspect of their sound at all? I know I would.

They aren't shit. They're just different. nothing wrong with that. Fuck conforming just rolll with it.

Same, as long as they just keep doing songs you can tell tehy enjoy playing, Muse will be just fine.

Archived