that crowd was amazing! almost to the point where it was annoying! i couldnt see for some of the songs cause i was staring at security guard's fat beer bellys as they stretched over the barrier to catch crowd surfers! haha but thats what you get with barrier;) and i loved every second of it..

It was! During SSPU I was already getting pushed so I was like..."okay this is how the pits supposed to be like this is good. people are going to get really into it". Turns out it was just that really drunk girl falling on everyone :rolleyes: Glad she got taken out.

Then Muse started and I was just like..."okay...whatever I'm going crazy :D"

Then everyone got really into it and you could tell Muse did too :happy:

The crowd surfers got annoying at times...only cause I had to move into people to avoid the security guard getting them out. Sorry hardcoremidgit if I got in your way a couple times!

But the crowd surfers didn't really bother me any other way. Just some people having a great time :awesome: I want to relive that night so badly. :(

It was! During SSPU I was already getting pushed so I was like..."okay this is how the pits supposed to be like this is good. people are going to get really into it". Turns out it was just that really drunk girl falling on everyone :rolleyes: Glad she got taken out.

Then Muse started and I was just like..."okay...whatever I'm going crazy :D"

Then everyone got really into it and you could tell Muse did too :happy:

The crowd surfers got annoying at times...only cause I had to move into people to avoid the security guard getting them out. Sorry hardcoremidgit if I got in your way a couple times!

But the crowd surfers didn't really bother me any other way. Just some people having a great time :awesome: I want to relive that night so badly. :(

hahah no worries everyone was getting in everybody's way it was a good time:) yeah that drunk chick was an idiot...hahaha i like you i remember i was clapping during SSPU's opener and i am a fan of them and so i tried to get a clap going and you followed me so i acknowledged it;)

hahah no worries everyone was getting in everybody's way it was a good time:) yeah that drunk chick was an idiot...hahaha i like you i remember i was clapping during SSPU's opener and i am a fan of them and so i tried to get a clap going and you followed me so i acknowledged it;)

Yep! Yeah, but it was funny how everyone was cheering when she got taken out :chuckle:

Yeah! SSPU is great. Yeah you were like "see she's got the idea!" haha, anything to get the crowd going :happy:

I don't know who thought the crowd was dead in Baltimore, everyone was having a blast! I've been to over 30 ska/punk/rock shows, and I have NEVER seen that many crowd surfers! It was insane. Everyone was singing along to "Time Is Running Out" (which had the largest wave of crowd surfing) and moshing like crazy! You could tell Matt was getting into it and Chris was laughing! I was front row, and I had a huge mosh pit opened up right behind me. A couple girls fainted and a fight broke out. Whoever said this crowd was dead was very wrong! Everyone had a blast!

I didn't think it was "dead," but I found the crowd rather tame, even compared to other Muse gigs I've been to. However, that doesn't mean people weren't enjoying themselves and actually it's a good thing as I had an absolutely awful time in Philly [06?] because everyone was pushing side to side and they were really forceful. Also I'm going to assume you've never been to a festival because I've been to a ton of shows myself and I was surprised at how long it took people to start crowdsurfing. Considering the sheer size of the crowd I'm really glad things panned out the way they did.

I'm also on the I-dislike-crowdsurfers boat. I wouldn't mind if it was just a one-time thing for people, but the same people do it over and over and over. The only time I've ever done it was to get out of a crowd ASAP. I would definitely appreciate less converses to the face.

Hey Guys,

Does anybody know what the song line up for the 1st mariner arena show was. There was this song about mid way through the muse section of the concert that had a piano went from high pitched notes to low ones. I don't know how else to explain it besides it was freaking gloriously evil sounding and it was awesome. It may not have been one of there songs but a cover, I know they did 'feeling good' from Frank Sinatra or Michael Buble but that wasn't it. But I want that song sooooo bad, can anybody help me?

Yep! Yeah, but it was funny how everyone was cheering when she got taken out :chuckle:

Yeah! SSPU is great. Yeah you were like "see she's got the idea!" haha, anything to get the crowd going :happy:

hahaha she freaked me out she was like mumbling things it was scaring me:LOL:

Hey Guys,

Does anybody know what the song line up for the 1st mariner arena show was. There was this song about mid way through the muse section of the concert that had a piano went from high pitched notes to low ones. I don't know how else to explain it besides it was freaking gloriously evil sounding and it was awesome. It may not have been one of there songs but a cover, I know they did 'feeling good' from Frank Sinatra or Michael Buble but that wasn't it. But I want that song sooooo bad, can anybody help me?

FOUND IT

Im such an idiot it was Newborn fucking awesome

yyeaahhh...your probably not a long time fan here are ya?;) let me guess..your favorite song at the concert was supermassive blackhole? maybe starlight.. knights of cydonia..?...

im just teasin..but tell me this..where did you hear muse or hear of muse?

(this is where you answer.."not from twilight") ;)

Same! Hmm.. I'm watching MK Ultra from that night. I'm surprised in this video you can't hear me screaming "MK ULTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!" cause that's when the security guard told me to calm down :LOL:

:LOL: I was doing the same thing over where I was! I was so stoked because for some reason I didn't think that they were going to play it!

:LOL: I was doing the same thing over where I was! I was so stoked because for some reason I didn't think that they were going to play it!

Yeah, they actually didn't play MK Ultra in Philly so I was cranked when they went into it in Balto. That song was simply killer live, I knew it would be.

I'm going to fire up my HAARP DVD tonight, this weekend was such a buzzkiller. Muse is my only hope for getting through the hellstorm that is my life right now.

yyeaahhh...your probably not a long time fan here are ya?;) let me guess..your favorite song at the concert was supermassive blackhole? maybe starlight.. knights of cydonia..?...

Awww be nice. All fans have to start somewhere. There was a time in my life when the only songs I knew where TiRO, Hysteria and Starlight. But those three songs turned out to be the foundation for a love of Muse that's now bordering on mental illness.;)

Plus, my little sis loves Twilight, so I don't want to totally discount all Twilight fans as miscreants. She loves Muse, I got her a T-shirt in Balto and she was thrilled (I couldn't take her to the show because she has disabilities that would have been a problem). I think mostly she likes Muse because I do, and she really looks up to me, but she was so excited when she found out they were on the Twilight soundtrack. I think she kind of thought of it as a way to connect with me. So, please be civil to Twilight fans ... well ... SOME of them.:D

I agree with everyone, it was truly the best night ever! I'm having withdrawals and watching the videos I took over and over. I'll put them up on youtube soon, I took a bunch and I was at the barrier on Chris's side.

My night was amazing. I sat outside the arena for five hours so that we could get by the barrier. And there were a bunch of other die hard fans out there toughing out the cold and rain :D everyone was really nice so it wasn't that bad waiting. Plus it was totally worth it

One of the guys in front of me met Dom! I was so jealous. We saw their bus go by and I thought it might be Muse but I didn't go around the corner to check and he did. I'll regret that until I actually get to meet them :$

Then we finally got in and up to the barrier. I agree that the crowd on the floor was super energetic and the energy was awesome! It was my first real Muse show and it beat my super high expectations :D

And Matt Bellamy did his awesome shuffle dance RIGHT in front of me :D and the first video I ever saw of Muse was when he did the TIRO shuffle at Glastonbury and that's what got me addicted to Muse. So I was stoked :D

Ah, wish I could have that night every single night! Muse does need to come here more often. And I wish they would have more faith in us US fans and play Showbiz and OoS stuff! That makes me sad that they said that :(

did I ever post a proper review in this thread? :unsure: I'll have to think of something later. Everything is all jumbled in my head, the whole week was a blur!

About the comments on the crowd, it was mainly the people in seats who were the problem. From the three shows I went to, and from my perspective, I'd say this show had the wildest pit but the worst seated section. Very few people were sitting at MSG and the Patriot Center, but where I was at this show I would say only maybe half the section was up.

Oh, and hi to the folks who were waiting in the freezing cold and stalking the poor roadies looking for the band. Shame we didn't get to meet them :( Of course the one night I wait would be the same night the roadies are apparently actually telling the truth when they say the band already left! :rolleyes: I'm sorry for bringing my curse on you all :p

you were out there too duck? I was out there with my brother and my alien thing.. not sure I met you. if i did, i forgot. :LOL: it was all a blur to me

I saw your alien but I didn't know who you were, so we didn't officially meet ;) I had on a long tan/gold coat....

Haha glad I wasn't the only one. I figured they were going to play GL (not that I have a problem with GL, I actually quite like that song) but when Matt started teasing MK I was like...NO WAY! MK ULTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! :D

Haha glad I wasn't the only one. I figured they were going to play GL (not that I have a problem with GL, I actually quite like that song) but when Matt started teasing MK I was like...NO WAY! MK ULTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! :D

Yeah, I love GL on the album, actually like it better than MK, but LIVE, it's definitely the other way around. MK Ultra is just a crazy good live song, so was Unnatural Selection ... the first time I listened to the album I immediately thought how cool those two would be live.

There's no need for that:). (hope it was joke)

I still cant believe I missed the return of the TIRO shuffle. :facepalm:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who missed it!

Would you believe I actually have a pic that I think was taken mid-shuffle and still didn't realize it had happened until people pointed it out here and I saw it on youtube! :facepalm: faaaaaaaaaail!

There's no need for that:). (hope it was joke)

yess yesss i was only teasing;) im happy to hear from a new muse fan on the boards..that means at least they are serious and are really getting into muse if they are talking on the boards haha

ya know..im still deciding if i enjoyed getting MK Ultra over MotP...not too sure..i really do love MotP..but common..Mk Ultra live is INSANE...

once I heard the first note, I knew it was gonna play MK and I was freaking out because seriously all day I just kept saying I HOPE THEY PLAY MK I HOPE THEY PLAY MK. and when he hit that first note I was like MK? MK!!!!!!!!!!!! MK!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy, I probably really annoyed the other people around me :rolleyes:

You were behind the guy who met Dom? I was right in front of him! The group of people he was with got a bit wasted at... like... NOON hahaha... I keep shooting myself for not staying by the buses for another five minutes, cause if I had, I would've been RIGHT THERE when Dom came! :facepalm:

I still can't believe I witnessed the return of the shuffle dance. OMG. :awesome:

Hahaha yeah I could tell they were pretty drunk, I got there around 1:30. They were pretty funny though. I was just insanely jealous of that guy. When their bus drove by I was thinking hmmm I wonder if that's Muse.... nahhh.... :facepalm: I'll never let myself live it down. :noey:

But yes the return of the shuffle dance made my night :D along with.... the entire show. haha

ya know..im still deciding if i enjoyed getting MK Ultra over MotP...not too sure..i really do love MotP..but common..Mk Ultra live is INSANE...

Yeah, that's a tough one ... I'm glad I got to hear each. I had so much fun signing along with MotP ... not sure the rest of my section liked my animated singing but come on, how can you not get into that song? That's one of my favorite songs to drive along to, with the windows down and the volume cranked.

Yeah, that's a tough one ... I'm glad I got to hear each. I had so much fun signing along with MotP ... not sure the rest of my section liked my animated singing but come on, how can you not get into that song? That's one of my favorite songs to drive along to, with the windows down and the volume cranked.

i know i think its one of their most catchyest songs! quite a bummer it wasnt played..

Eh, I'm not too miffed about it. I wish that they didn't have to sacrifice songs sometimes, but personally I'm glad we got MK since

I don't like MOTP all that much...

When people ask how the Muse concert was I tell them that it was absolutely awesome, but I always feel like that is an understatement.

Archived