I just registered to say that I was at the concert in Baltimore tonight, and it was amazing. Yes, it was my first Muse concert, so I have nothing but DVDs and youtube to compare it to just yet. But I had an awesome time, and judging by the comments of people leaving, so did the vast majority of people there. The crowd was a little low-key (that's not really the right word) at first, but got loud and into it once Muse got down from the towers and started playing on stage. By the end of the night, the place was LOUD as anything I've ever been to and quite rocking. Lots of crowd surfers...according to the dude next to me who'd been to both Va. and Philly, the floor was a little more boisterous than the other two.

Heard two guys who came for the Silversun PIckups raving about Muse on the way out. Didn't hear any complaints, except from the people behind me who wanted in on the barrier (got there 'late' but got a great spot, because people congregate at the middle...the end of the barrier was, again, amazing...lol).

Edited to add: we got MK Ultra, and when they started on it, I thought of the board. I'm a lurker and have read the many complaints about the setlist and calls for that song on the tour :D .

Welcome to the board! I'm glad you had such a great experience :D

I'm looking forward to seeing footage from this show, sounds like the crowd got pretty rowdy. lol

Will post more tomorrow, including pics and stuff. Great night! Better than Patriot Center, I'd say, what with all the crowdsurfers. Talked to my best friends the security guards. Even went on a mission to buy them fries at one point. :D One gave me a guitar pick from the sound check! Ooh, and my prize of the night. I asked before the show one of the camera guys if I could have his setlist after, and he came through with his promise. Thanks camera guy! Barrier was bombing!

HyperHondriac

New born , the crowd is dead, the visuals are VERY different

WAKE UP PEOPLE, IT'S NEW BORN. :rolleyes:

Hi there. I have lurked for a long time, but I am just now posting.

I took my kids and husband to see Muse in Fairfax on Monday. Great show, great crowd, all around great time. This week is my birthday and DH gave me a ticket to see tonight's show. It was closer to home, and I was psyched. Muse twice in a week??? How cool is that.

What a difference though. I called my husband on the way out and told him he definitely went to the better show. Muse was wonderful, but the crowd! The people a couple rows back talked loudly through the entire opening act and the first few Muse songs. I sat next to a woman who looked like she was sitting through dental surgery the entire time and texted through half of it. When Uprising started, I stood. Of course. (And in Fairfax, everyone was standing and dancing.) But I was one of a couple in my section that stood. So I sat back down, but decided I was standing for Hysteria come hell or high water. Luckily, most of the section decided to do the same by that point.

I felt bad for the band. They put on a good show, and, as a person who has lived in the area for 33 years, I am embarrassed by the audience's lack of participation. Come back to Baltimore again, Muse. We DO love you.

Rant over

:(

Hi there. I have lurked for a long time, but I am just now posting.

I took my kids and husband to see Muse in Fairfax on Monday. Great show, great crowd, all around great time. This week is my birthday and DH gave me a ticket to see tonight's show. It was closer to home, and I was psyched. Muse twice in a week??? How cool is that.

What a difference though. I called my husband on the way out and told him he definitely went to the better show. Muse was wonderful, but the crowd! The people a couple rows back talked loudly through the entire opening act and the first few Muse songs. I sat next to a woman who looked like she was sitting through dental surgery the entire time and texted through half of it. When Uprising started, I stood. Of course. (And in Fairfax, everyone was standing and dancing.) But I was one of a couple in my section that stood. So I sat back down, but decided I was standing for Hysteria come hell or high water. Luckily, most of the section decided to do the same by that point.

I felt bad for the band. They put on a good show, and, as a person who has lived in the area for 33 years, I am embarrassed by the audience's lack of participation. Come back to Baltimore again, Muse. We DO love you.

Rant over

:(

Was it really that bad from the seats? Because from in the pits the crowd felt crazy!

Was it really that bad from the seats? Because from in the pits the crowd felt crazy!

I was GA tonight too and it was wild, but from what I saw of the seats, they didn't get standing and rocking until midway through the gig. From what I've read and heard, the floor in Baltimore was a bit wilder than the last few shows (drunk chick barging to the front and getting kicked out before Muse even started was just the start of it), but the seats were slow to get into it...but once they got into it, they looked REALLY into it...the end of the show and the crowd reaction throughout the arena gave me chills.

By the end of the night just about everyone was standing...and again, the pit was wild throughout. The guys in security made noises about it being rowdier (the sheer amount of crowd surfers...one girl came by about 3 x in less than 20 min...was crazy).

I looked longingly at the floor and wish I had gone for that :) You guys looked like you were having a lot of fun. My second ticket was from StubHub and there were floor ones available, but the seats were so lively at Fairfax, that I thought it would be no different and I went for seats.

I give the pit props. They were very lively. I wish I had been down there. But it took half the show for my section to warm up.

I looked longingly at the floor and wish I had gone for that :) You guys looked like you were having a lot of fun. My second ticket was from StubHub and there were floor ones available, but the seats were so lively at Fairfax, that I thought it would be no different and I went for seats.

I give the pit props. They were very lively. I wish I had been down there. But it took half the show for my section to warm up.

That was my observation from the floor. I debated getting seats vs GA, and not long after Muse started playing, I knew I'd made the right choice. The pit was very into it...the seats were a bit slow, but warmed up by the end.

Maybe not Muse's finest audience, but I had a blast. I'm totally ready to go to another concert asap (and it will be GA again, nothing will do after tonight).

Like somebody said earlier, I bet they`re just really tired. Three shows with interviews, radio contests with fans, traveling in 3 days would really tire you out. Of course this doesn`t make it any better for the people who went to the show tonight, but I`m going to cut them some slack.

That isn't a good enough reason for giving these people a short setlist. I often work six consecutive days, I doubt my manager would cut me some slack if I allowed my standards to slide because of this. Not being confrontational here, just wanted to add my thoughts to the above ;)

That aside, much as I'd love longer and more varied setlists I'm nowhere near throwing in the towel with Muse and am thoroughly looking forward to all five gigs I'm attending this year! I know I'll still have a fantastic time and I know I'll be first in line trying to get tickets for future gigs :happy:

Sorry about the short setlist/no showbiz tonight. As my fourth time seeing them [3rd time headlining] I have come to realize that it is my mere presence that causes Muse to cut things short and ignore my favorite cd. :< I think this gig is the longest one they've played for me yet and I was glad to see some interaction with the audience tonight.

That being said I thought they were incredible tonight and as an avid concert-goer I really enjoyed the bizarrely mellow pit.

That isn't a good enough reason for giving these people a short setlist. I often work six consecutive days, I doubt my manager would cut me some slack if I allowed my standards to slide because of this. Not being confrontational here, just wanted to add my thoughts to the above ;)

That aside, much as I'd love longer and more varied setlists I'm nowhere near throwing in the towel with Muse and am thoroughly looking forward to all five gigs I'm attending this year! I know I'll still have a fantastic time and I know I'll be first in line trying to get tickets for future gigs :happy:

1st mariner arena's curfew was 10:30 so they had to be done by then. Hope that helps with keeping spirits up! :)

Had an absolute blast tonight!! Had seats right by the stage close to Matt!! The pit was crazy looking with all the crowd surfers...kinda distracting but the experience was awesome! Had ga in VA, that was soo much fun but I think the concert tonight all in all was alot better!! Can't wait to hear about New York!

I think people need to see things in a more logical perspective. We are in the first period of their live tour where they are presenting their latest album, therefore, is obvious to think that the setlist will be based mostly on the songs from this latest work combined with hits from their pasts albums. I don’t know why is so difficult to understand and accept that.

When this part of the tour comes to an end, Muse will finish presenting their new album live and will begin another tour, that’s where the changes should appear (I hope)

Nor can I understand why people were expecting that the American tour would be different to the European tour. I think people are fooling themselves.

Anyway, lest go a few years back. 2003. These three setlists are from the beginning of the Absolution tour.

Stockholm 14th October 2003

01. Intro + Apocalypse Please

02. Hysteria

03. New Born

04. Sing for Absolution

05. Micro Cuts

06. Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

07. Citizen Erased

08. Take a Bow (instrumental)

09. Space Dementia

10. Endlessly

11. Feeling Good

12. Butterflies & Hurricanes

13. The Small Print

14. Sunburn

15. Muscle Museum

16. Bliss

17. Time Is Running Out

18. Plug In Baby

19. Blackout

20. Stockholm Syndrome

Oslo 15th October 2003

01. Apocalypse Please

02. Hysteria

03. New Born

04. Sing for Absolution

05. Micro Cuts

07. Citizen Erased

08. Space Dementia

09. Endlessly

10. Butterflies & Hurricanes

11. Feeling Good

12. Sunburn

13. Muscle Museum

14. Time Is Running Out

15. Plug In Baby

16. Bliss

17. Blackout

18. Stockholm Syndrome

Copenhagen 16th October 2003

01. Apocalypse Please

02. Hysteria

03. New Born

04. Sing for Absolution

05. Micro Cuts

07. Citizen Erased

08. Take a Bow (instrumental)[2]

09. Space Dementia

10. Endlessly

11. Feeling Good

13. Sunburn

14. Muscle Museum

15. Time Is Running Out

16. Plug In Baby

17. Bliss

18. Blackout

19. Stockholm Syndrome

Same setlist, some order variation and a song dropped. Maybe they changed it later I don’t know, is just an example that shows that Muse has never done big changes in their setlist, that’s why I don’t understand why people are making such a big deal now. No offence but I think people are overreacting a bit too much.

When Matt's voice begins to fail, when the songs start to sound bad, when I see a lack of energy and enthusiasm on their part ... that’s when I will start worrying about Muse live, meanwhile this is just a list of songs that I don’t think is enough to ruin all the band’s work. At least, not for me.

I think people need to see things in a more logical perspective. We are in the first period of their live tour where they are presenting their latest album, therefore, is obvious to think that the setlist will be based mostly on the songs from this latest work combined with hits from their pasts albums. I don’t know why is so difficult to understand and accept that.

When this part of the tour comes to an end, Muse will finish presenting their new album live and will begin another tour, that’s where the changes should appear (I hope)

Nor can I understand why people were expecting that the American tour would be different to the European tour. I think people are fooling themselves.

Anyway, lest go a few years back. 2003. These three setlists are from the beginning of the Absolution tour.

Stockholm 14th October 2003

01. Intro + Apocalypse Please

02. Hysteria

03. New Born

04. Sing for Absolution

05. Micro Cuts

07. Citizen Erased

08. Take a Bow (instrumental)

09. Space Dementia

10. Endlessly

11. Feeling Good

13. The Small Print

14. Sunburn

15. Muscle Museum

16. Bliss

17. Time Is Running Out

18. Plug In Baby

19. Blackout

20. Stockholm Syndrome

Same setlist, some order variation and a song dropped. Maybe they changed it later I don’t know, is just an example that shows that Muse has never done big changes in their setlist, that’s why I don’t understand why people are making such a big deal now. No offence but I think people are overreacting a bit too much..

That is very true. I was thinking the same thing. They do have 2 more albums of material now though.

Even towards the end of the Absolution tour things didn't change too much, RBS replaced Endlessly. The US tour got some goodies in 2004 though.

Feeling Good got dropped after a few gigs and there were a few more minor changes.

These are the songs played on the Absolution Tour in 2003: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/muse-53d6ebd5.html?year=2003

Resistance Tour 2009: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/muse-53d6ebd5.html?year=2009

And i'll leave now because this isn't of relevance to this particular show

So they've actually played more variety on The Resistance tour. Uno, Minimum and Hyper Music on the Absolution Tour, really???

Ok all my videos are up from the show check them out

http://www.youtube.com/user/godieinhell2

It seemed like they rushed thru all the songs tonight as compared to the patriot center, must have been the curfew. Overall another good show.

Thanks. Good sound! :) The crowd sound well up for it to me! :D It appears to me that Muse always put on a fantastic show.:) I actually love the contrast between mellow songs and rocky songs.:)

So I've got a stadium seat i think... this is my first ever concert, so i don't know but I hope they are good enough so that i can see.... There weren't an GA floor left when I ordered though, but oh well. I'm still uber excited!!!

gotta say I love your name. Final Fantasy 8.. awesome! :D

I just got back. Us crazy fools left the house about 6:15 AM, drove up to DC, walked all up and down the center of the city, then got stuck in traffic en route to Baltimore, arrived at the arena about 15-30 minutes before doors opened and I was already jumping up and down screaming MUUUUUUSSSSEEEEE!!!! :chuckle: I saved my energy during SSP and was wound up as soon as the lights went off and went mental. And we drove all the way back home... just got back, 6 AM... :chuckle: almost 24 hours gone.. and I'm running on very minimal sleep from the last 48 hours from all the excitement pre-gig and post-gig. I really didn't get good close up shots since i was far back. :supersad:

I'm almost as energetic as I was when I got to the arena again... :chuckle: Post concert high!

So cool meeting a lot of ya'll crazy kids after the gig. You guys rock! :awesome: A bit bummed they left in a hurry.... but I still had a blast!

Anyhoo... now to play catch-up. I'll probably upload photos and stuff tommorrow. Sleep can wait! :awesome:

Archived