Yes, ask them to play all those songs! And ADD them to the setlist. We want at least 20 songs. Can't expect Bruce or Pearl Jam-length sets, but even the old farts I like such as Tom Petty, The Who, and Neil Young manage to play at least 20, I think.

I saw Leonard Cohen in May. He went on for almost three hours.

We can always make more room on a good Muse setlist by removing Undisclosed Desires. Yes, this! Beg them not to play Undisclosed Desires!

(Might be a good idea to keep b-sides out of this. Then I might start asking for Coma and Eternally Missed and Shrinking Universe and WHOOPS there I go.)

I know I'm overthinking it (and overthinking is one of my worst flaws :( ), but I keep wondering how are we going to recognize each other when we meet at the Pavillion before the show. Would it work if the first that arrives there holds the table under a name like "musers" or "message board" so the people that then arrive can ask to go that table? :$

I am the slowest poster in the world.

And Dead Star :awesome:

Yes! Dead Star is a possibility since they've played it a few times before.

We can always make more room on a good Muse setlist by removing Undisclosed Desires. Yes, this! Beg them not to play Undisclosed Desires!

(Might be a good idea to keep b-sides out of this. Then I might start asking for Coma and Eternally Missed and Shrinking Universe and WHOOPS there I go.)

But just to hear "OMG HE HAS A KEYTAR" from everyone would be funny. I think they need to really beef it up for us if it's in.

I know I'm overthinking it (and overthinking is one of my worst flaws :( ), but I keep wondering how are we going to recognize each other when we meet at the Pavillion before the show. Would it work if the first that arrives there holds the table under a name like "musers" or "message board" so the people that then arrive can ask to go that table? :$

They don't seat you, it's first come first served, so a sign on the table would work that people could walk around and look for.

They don't seat you, it's first come first served, so a sign on the table would work that people could walk around and look for.

So we just have to come up with a sign, that's good to know :happy:. Thanks!

What do y'all think, should we be reading the Atlanta thread tomorrow night, or leave it a surprise?

As hard as it is, I am abstaining from listening to Muse this past week until the show so that the songs will seem fresh.

You're not listening to Muse all week :eek:!!?? I admire your strength, I think I'd go nuts without listening to Matt's voice at least once a day.

I will however certainly avoid the Atlanta and DC threads, I want to keep the surprise and I don't want to hear people (who didn't go to the show) complain about the setlist :rolleyes:

What do y'all think, should we be reading the Atlanta thread tomorrow night, or leave it a surprise?

As hard as it is, I am abstaining from listening to Muse this past week until the show so that the songs will seem fresh.

I'm keeping my (figurative) ears shut. The setlist and show will probably be very similar to what they've been doing overseas, but just in case, I don't want to know anything about it. Good thing we're one of the first shows, so there'll be less chance of word getting around to us.

Abstinence :eek: !

To keep the peace here, Muse must be listened to every day (yeah, I'll blame it on my 3-year-old's temper tantrums if he doesn't get his daily Muse...not my need to hear :matt::dom: and :chris: ...)

I've never been so excited for a concert. See signature. Hyperventilating and fainting is daily at this point. *turning into a total fangirl*

Abstinence :eek: !

To keep the peace here, Muse must be listened to every day (yeah, I'll blame it on my 3-year-old's temper tantrums if he doesn't get his daily Muse...not my need to hear :matt::dom: and :chris: ...)

I've never been so excited for a concert. See signature. Hyperventilating and fainting is daily at this point. *turning into a total fangirl*

Tell me about it, I have been unable to sleep, waking up at 4 AM and I'm tense everywhere for the excitement!! :dance: :dance:

Yikes, I've committed blasphemy.

I probably have been listening to them every day for the past year! And the songs are still playing in my head to carry me through.

I'm so confused. To listen or not listen? To peek or not peek at the other threads? Matt's, center, or Chris's side? Barrier or a bit back?

Anyway, I will make sure not to post anything on here about the other shows.

Gosh! Another snow storm in the north east.

Weather forecasts seem clear from Saturday until Tuesday, but hopefully it won't mean trouble for those of us commuting from other cities.

I had to drive to work this morning and it was horrible. There's nothing much you can do about the weather, but what bothers me the most when assholes (mostly those driving on SUVs) drive at regular speed when the roads are completely covered in snow.

Weather forecasts seem clear from Saturday until Tuesday, but hopefully it won't mean trouble for those of us commuting from other cities.

I had to drive to work this morning and it was horrible. There's nothing much you can do about the weather, but what bothers me the most when assholes (mostly those driving on SUVs) drive at regular speed when the roads are completely covered in snow.

So it must have been bad out there. Fedex suspended their deliveries in our area because of icy roads and high winds. I thought they were just being wimps.

Hopefully a couple of 40 degree days will melt it enough for you to drive safely on Tuesday.

Yes, it's pretty bad, they even had to close the schools, something that they almost never do in NYC. I was lucky, I'm working from home :happy: - it's obvious by how much I'm posting here, isn't it :p ?

The USPS carrier just drove thru and delivered the mail. Fedex are wusses!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I had an idea: Mom4Muse suggested putting a sign on the table at the Pavillion for whoever wants to meet at 6 PM. I will bring my Resistance single CD (I just got it today!) and put it on the table, so you know which table it is. This way, if you don't have it, you can also see the new pic that's in the sleeve.

Let me know what you think :)

I'm keeping my (figurative) ears shut. The setlist and show will probably be very similar to what they've been doing overseas, but just in case, I don't want to know anything about it. Good thing we're one of the first shows, so there'll be less chance of word getting around to us.

I always check setlists and download boots.. it doesn't bother me in the least knowing what a band is going to play... of course I'm probably just jaded as my first ever concert was well before most people on this forum were born....

CANNOT WAIT TIL TUESDAY & FRIDAY!!!:dance:

You're not going to ask the museum to hang your paintings so you all will see it on the tour?

You could give Matt a photo of your paintings, too, and write a nice message on the back.

Bring a banana for Matt, brie for Dom, and a beer for Chris, is that right?

Ah - I don't think Matt wants another picture of himself - I am going to take the painting and hope I can somehow bring it in and get him to sign it at some point. I have thought of something good to bring, but I want to keep it a secret until after. I think it is a cute and clever thing.

TELL THEM TO PLAY CITIZEN ERASED!

(And Bliss. And Butterflies & Hurricanes. And Cave. But mostly Citizen Erased.)

Agreed - Butterflies & Hurricanes is so amazing to hear live - haven't heard it live in years.

I third that and add Fury :D

Yesssss Furyyyyyyyyy

Oh - no worries there, gang - Fury is my most favorite Muse song - so if I say nothing else, I will definitely request that.

Hey SilentSpartan, are you going to the museum to meet Muse, too?

Yes - Jerry won too. So did Everett and Donavan (volcano boy). And then two girls - the one who played MK Ultra on the flute and the one sitting at a table doing a charcoal drawing of the boys.

So sorry - I actually love Undisclosed Desires and I got to see that live at the VMAs and Matt's voice was absolutely amazing on it. Ah - Eternally Missed would be lovely too. If only they could play for three hours.... If only my entire life could be at a Muse concert that never ends... :) ALL Muse songs are great - the worst Muse song is better than any other song by anyone else!!! :musesign:

I had an idea: Mom4Muse suggested putting a sign on the table at the Pavillion for whoever wants to meet at 6 PM. I will bring my Resistance single CD (I just got it today!) and put it on the table, so you know which table it is. This way, if you don't have it, you can also see the new pic that's in the sleeve.

Let me know what you think :)

The ONLY downside to me winning the contest is that I won't get to meet up with you gang before the show. Someone have a drink for me! And rest assured, I'll be sure to post on here Wednesday to let you all know how it went at the Museum.

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

so very soon!

Yeah I am going to avoid the Atlanta thread like the plague from now on. I want a clean slate for Tuesday. Although I have an idea of what the set will be like, I don't want to analyze it like we typcally do in the gig threads. I want any bit of surprise that I can get!

i havent even listened to the album lol (minus the couple songs played on the radio)...

I was exposed to Muse a couple years ago, by listening to a couple songs on the radio and thinking these guys are amazing.... and on a whim going to Festival Pier the week i heard them on radio and what i experienced was one of the most epic concerts ever with sounds/songs i never heard before... so I wanted to experience the same this time. Takes alot of willpower and patience though, [same as makin' claymations ;) ]

I'm all for the surprise factor. On the Black Holes tour at the Cleveland Agora I was able to get a look at the set list just before the show and saw that they were playing Muscle Museum, which I hadn't seen live before. It was great, but would have been better if I didn't know it was coming...

Archived