Soaked gives me a feeling of nostalgia; of what, I don't know! I love it!

Don't want to sound like I'm getting hopes high for nothing but LAMC teased us with this on their facebook:

"Stay tuned for a major announcement on our first show of 2010! You won't be disappointed. (Hint - We've brought them to Singapore before. Check our past shows over last 5 years). Suggest our page to all your friends!"

And then this:

"Mark your calendars right now!!! Prepare yourselves for a BIG NIGHT OUT at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on February 3rd, 2010! \m/ \m/"

Muse are gig-less for February after Autralia.... :viking:

Edited by Nutcracker

Same here! I'll be happy if they come our way again! I don't mind paying a bit extra for half their set up though! :D

Where in the world has everyone gone to?:joker:

Imagine if one day the only form of communication left is the net, and lfe becomes so sad that your social circle is made up of people from online only. Then they all disappeared... Not saying that's my life, :p but imagine that...

/thinking out loud thanks to World War Z

:eek:

Clash of the Titans (2010)

Music by

Craig Armstrong

Matt Bellamy :stunned:

:D

Thanks for the info Kay-a.

I know it's pretty late now but I'm so excited cuz I'm listening to The Resistance in minus 1. No vocals!!!!!!:D Sa-weeeet!

:eek:...where'd you get that? I tried searching for it on YT, couldn't find it.

Lol, smilies galore

A song by Muse called "Soaked" is listed in the Warner/Chappell Music song catalogue. To hear a 30 second clip, register here and search for "Muse" or "Soaked".

A cover of the song by Adam Lambert will appear on his upcoming album.

*yeah, got it.. it's 04:39 long.. (ketawa riang ria!) :D

a bit info about SOAKED :

Name Soaked

Length 4:39

Recorded 2006 *In the songs metadata the date of the song is automatically set to 2006 suggesting that it could be from the Black Holes and Revelations era!

Matt Bellamy spoke breifly about it in the Japanese magazine “Crossbeat”.

"I wrote a song called ‘Soaked’ when we were making Black Holes and Revelations, it is just like ‘Nikita’ by Elton John or one of those kind of tunes from the 80s. According to our publisher, it’s an Adam Lambert-esque song, who took the second place in American Idol. I want to write various genres of music, classical music, pop music, and anything. I suppose Muse have the clear distinction that we must not go overboard, however, I sometimes cross that threshold as a songwriter. When I’m about to do so, it's made clear thanks to Chris and Dom.”

Soaked is awesome! Its like we found a piece of buried treasure :D

Soaked gives me a feeling of nostalgia; of what, I don't know! I love it!

Don't want to sound like I'm getting hopes high for nothing but LAMC teased us with this on their facebook:

"Stay tuned for a major announcement on our first show of 2010! You won't be disappointed. (Hint - We've brought them to Singapore before. Check our past shows over last 5 years). Suggest our page to all your friends!"

And then this:

"Mark your calendars right now!!! Prepare yourselves for a BIG NIGHT OUT at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on February 3rd, 2010! \m/ \m/"

Muse are gig-less for February after Autralia.... :viking:

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOOD GOOD GOD OH GOD OH MY GOD LOL

i'm so excited! cant you tell? :chuckle: especially after AAR's gig last night, fuck i want to watch more live music. seriously last night's gig couldnt have been more perfect :happy:

Did anyone else besides me and liz go? haha.

btw i dunno if you guys noticed but i've been quite MIA for awhile! Thats cause I started working already. Part time job at 1 utama, but then again its not really part time if its taking up all my time eh? eh? lol.

I want to see AAR fly off at KLIA today, thats if they're leaving today. and I have no idea when they're leaving. I'm seriously such a n00b at this stalking business sigh!

MUSE ARE GOING TO BE PLAYING AT BIG NIGHT OUT (I still can't help but laugh every time I heard mention of that lousy excuse of a festival. BDO rip-off, last year's consisted of TWO nights that were separated by weeks, and each one was just like a regular concert) IN SINGAPORE INDOOR STADIUM ON FEBRUARY 3RD.

I want to see Yeah Yeah Yeahs but I can't because I'll be abroad. :'( But oh well. -shrugs- I ALREADY ASKED MY MUM AND SHE SAID I CAN FLY OVER TO SINGAPORE IN FEBRUARY TO SEE MUSE OMG. For once, I love my braces because it gives me an excuse to fly over randomly to see good gigs. ;)

And there's like a 98% chance I'm going to see Franz Ferdinand in two weeks!

Franz and Muse are tied as my favourite band along with Radiohead, and Franz were the first good band who I got into, and if it weren't for them, I wouldn't be listening to anything that I listen to now, so I am ridiculously ecstatic. :LOL:

Indeed, I am TINY! Though when I was at Kaisers the person standing behind me was below my shoulder. :stunned: And they were definitely older than me. But meh, even if I'm small enough to crowdsurf to the front or push my way through, I'd rather just line up early to secure my place. :happy:

Okay, I'm not going to be in Singapore for an entire week, but definitely one night before. :p

Could someone please take me in while I stay in Singapore for one whole month next year? Cause I would be effing broke, and my cousin would be awfully annoyed if I travelled to and fro so many times. YEAH YEAH YEAHS and ANDREW BIRD AND NOW MUSE?!?!??! THIS IS CRAZYYYY THEY'RE PLAYING HERE AGAIN AHHHHH!!

I can feeeeeeel it... Malaysia's date is only in a matter of time before being announced! *fingers crossed* We'll get TWO gigs then, yeah? :D:D:happy:

Franz Ferdinand! Tee, I'm so glad you're finally seeing the band that changed your music perception in life. I know how that feels hehe. Have fun!! and be safe.:happy:

Kay-a/Nut thanks for the constant Muse updates in this thread btw! :] Life's been a bitch lately, well it should be according to my conscience, but it appears that I'm enjoying it a little too much. :(

-------------

Did you see the suspenders Tyson wore in that Batu Caves pic??! You should've wore yours hehe. Lol I honestly dunno who's this Malaysian person asking all these bands to go to Batu Caves. I'm glad they find it fascinating though, but oh God, it's so near my college, if only I knew earlier. Also, they were staying at Nikko Hotel, just like Switchfoot! (though a bit too late for that now...)

I wouldn't call em as stalking skills lol, more like... being an opportunist and making use of information available ;)

I just listened to the bootleg I made, it's power packed with screams unfortunately, but I love the little Halloween tuned-down set they did for our gig. I'll get it up as soon as I can for anyone who wants it, but I doubt I'll hv the time to edit, so it's just gonna be the raw files.

Some of the random quotes from an equally high Tyson (as the MTV Worldstage gig):

"There, I see a witch. Owait... That's a wizard, not a witch! Sorry sir." LOL

"You guys are so fuc..... crazy" Hahahha, I noticed how Tyson pulled the microphone away and back as he said the word. ;)

That long wait for them to show up was a little uncalled for (AAR should hv the courtesy of showing up no later than 930pm lol) Even though I entered the gates late, I felt annoyed. Maybe because there were too many opening acts. One would've sufficed. Two, max. They listed three and had 3 other singers fr other bands covering certain songs for the final group. Simply asking for trouble, I say. With all due respect though, go malaysian bands! (but not Pop Shuvit) Eh sure sounds like I'm contradicting myself there hmm. Brain must be shutting down.

Tyson's antics on stage didn't frighten me as much (ironically on Halloween lol) as the first time. I came a lot more prepared, knowing what to expect, and not expecting much. Boy, did they prove me wrong this time round. Opening number was Move Along and immediately they gained plus points fr me because I thought they'd only play it as the encore or something..so I was caught a little off guard. I won't go into details for every song and the technical glitches that were plentiful throughout the night (missed drum beat, wrong key of music with Tyson's vocals [due to their change in tuning a few steps down for the Halloween touch], Tyson not hitting notes etc) but rather the very presence of AAR on stage that was enough to drive the very young crowd into a frenzy. It has converted a lot of casual listeners into proper fans, and I suppose that is the ultimate goal anyway for concerts such as these. So they came and delivered a promising performance for the (allegedly) 15,000 strong crowd. Wonderful to hear Swing Swing live together with my friends, rather nostalgic moment there and having My Paper Heart played right after that was a HUGE surprise. Don't even get me started with The Last Song (or maybe you should :LOL:)

Setlist as below, with Halloween tricks up their sleeves:

1. Move Along

2. Falling Apart

3. Dirty Little Secret

4. Swing Swing

5. My Paper Heart

6. I Wanna

7. Mona Lisa

8. Real World

9. It Ends Tonight

10. Damn Girl

11. The Last Song

ENCORE

12. The Wind Blows

13. Gives You Hell

All in all, it was a fun night getting dressed up for Halloween (hee) and for once completely forgetting that outside of music, my life is in shambles. What more could one ask for than a good night out with friends while observing a whole new generation of listeners, yeah?

I like your thinking Nut! :LOL: And yep, I know. :stunned: Ah well, at least it made me feel better about being short...:p I've been the same height since I was nine though. :indiff:

Liz, I would do it but I don't live there. :( Sorry! And 2010 does seem to look very good so far! :happy: And yes, FRANZ. :awesome: Thank you!

@Liz Woah if there's a KL gig for Muse I'm definitely there!:D Hope that'll happen.

@Tee Maybe swimming might help you grow taller eh? heh heh. :D Right now I can't really feel excited for YYY when I know Muse are coming. But seriously, LAMC haven't officially announced it, so there's a slight sense of wariness in me. Tension, tension.

@ Liz I did wear my suspenders! :D Want to see how i look? haha

DSC04253.JPG

13031_163431398499_714388499_2842615_618609_n.jpg

08425_131333_museEMcool06_27.jpg

I hope the pictures come out. Can pass off as Matt Bellamy or not? hahaha.

I'd like to see the videos/audio if you dont mind haha. You can take your time though if you're busy with classes and all. no rush :) I still cant believe they played "The Last Song" and "My Paper Heart"!!! aaaaah <3 seriously so happy. Best setlist ever. Seriously. Sigh! <3 Tyson did say a lot of things on stage didnt he? haha. so awesome la. Muse arent as interactive as AAR on stage huh. :( What did you dress as btw? and what do you mean by tuning down for Halloween? :confused:

Nut, Oh man I hope LAMC confirm this singapore gig asap. I want to start planning already! I missed their singapore gig 2 years ago even after buying tickets, i dont want to miss it again! aaah. I'm gonna get seated tickets, because, no offence intended, but i'm afraid of the singapore crowd haha. I heard scary stories from von (vspirit) about how rowdy they were, aku takut :$

Kay-a, totally agree with you! :LOL:

@Tee Maybe swimming might help you grow taller eh? heh heh. :D Right now I can't really feel excited for YYY when I know Muse are coming. But seriously, LAMC haven't officially announced it, so there's a slight sense of wariness in me. Tension, tension.

Hmm, if it does, I'm doing it everyday. :p Aww! :LOL: I hope you won't think of Muse instead when you're seeing Yeah Yeah Yeahs. :p

Debbie, don't worry! Singapore crowds are very, very, very tame. :D

Liz, I would do it but I don't live there. :( Sorry! And 2010 does seem to look very good so far! And yes, FRANZ.Thank you!

Any plans for Placebo @ Jakarta? ;)

@Liz Woah if there's a KL gig for Muse I'm definitely there! Hope that'll happen.

But seriously, LAMC haven't officially announced it, so there's a slight sense of wariness in me. Tension, tension.

This time you'll try the nasi lemak ayam at BRJ instead of just a roti canai, yeah? ;)

For now Muse still remain gigless in Feb... I'm sure a deal of sorts would get through eventually. Remaining hopeful that it's Muse! Also sending more mails to LAMC's Laurrieta :D

You're planning to go for Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Me too :happy: I can't wait to hear Maps live. I watched Karen O belt out a few songs live before on tv, gosh, was she weird, but in a good way lol. I missed Stars this year, wouldnt wanna miss a great start for 2010 with Yeah Yeah Yeahs... Still have to see how things turn out end of this year though before confirming :(

Nut, Oh man I hope LAMC confirm this singapore gig asap. I want to start planning already! I missed their singapore gig 2 years ago even after buying tickets, i dont want to miss it again! aaah. I'm gonna get seated tickets, because, no offence intended, but i'm afraid of the singapore crowd haha. I heard scary stories from von (vspirit) about how rowdy they were, aku takut

If we were to all go in a group, I think that shouldn't be too bad. Then again, there were stories about that boy of 8 who broke his ribs during the Muse sg gig :o For all the gigs at Singapore that I've went to though, they were ironically the most polite crowd lol an awesome lot. Perhaps a lot has to do with the venue at Fort Canning Park which was downhill. Well, since this is at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, it should be relatively better (and flatter).

I did wear my suspenders! Want to see how i look? haha

DSC04253.JPG

13031_163431398499_714388499_2842615_618609_n.jpg

08425_131333_museEMcool06_27.jpg

I hope the pictures come out. Can pass off as Matt Bellamy or not? hahaha.

Aiyo how adorable, that's an awesome costume! If Matt could see you there he'd be very proud lol. Ben Barnes too, for that navy blue pair of chucks ;) I love that V neck guitar shirt (mainly cause that guitar looks a hell lot like the one I have haha)

What did you dress as btw?

The OTH thing was a bit too much trouble, so in the end... I guess to put it down to words (you asked lol), I was a cross between a French stereotype (hence the beret), a chef (also the beret), a Rennaissance painter, a political movement and an idiot who wore a skirt to a concert. Boy, doesn't that scare you already? Haha. I decided to go French because of this article (actually it doesn't make sense) and also because my sister has a beret bought from France that she hardly uses so it was convenient to use it (ah, now it does). However, it started raining the moment I walked past the gates so I took off the beret, and in the end I just looked like someone who just came back from 9 hours of class (which was the case really haha)

I'd like to see the videos/audio if you dont mind haha. You can take your time though if you're busy with classes and all. no rush :) I still cant believe they played "The Last Song" and "My Paper Heart"!!! aaaaah <3 seriously so happy. Best setlist ever. Seriously. Sigh! <3 Tyson did say a lot of things on stage didnt he? haha. so awesome la. Muse arent as interactive as AAR on stage huh.

I can't wait to upload the audio actually (although i didn't filter the screams). Connection's way too slow at the moment though sigh.

I was grinning silly when the first keyboardish parts of The Last Song came on. I tried so hard to contain my excitement and Tyson kept on teasing us yeah? I love how he amended the lyrics at the beginning and sang, ".... when I sing this song for you ... and just for Malaysia!!" (instead of "and only you") I fell apart literally haha. I forced myself to muffle down my singing throughout the set because of my attempt to bootleg, but then when TLS came on, aiiiihhh cannot tahan dy (or perhaps I forgot) and you can listen to my crappy tuneless voice singing in the recordings. :facepalm:

and during that strings/guitar combo interlude leading to the climax... :awesome: I looked at my friend, she looked back and we just ... fell silent in awe.

and what do you mean by tuning down for Halloween?

Erm, well sometimes they play like creepy eerie tunes right? I assumed that's in a key lower than usual, before launching into the proper song. If you listen closely though, sometimes when they launch into the proper song, the first note does not match with Tyson's vocals. Perhaps it was just me being tone deaf after escaping a crowd of screaming tweens.

Am I missing something here? Since when were Placebo going to Jakarta!? :stunned::eek:

Liz, are you also going to see Cat Power and Andrew Bird? That would be an amazing January. :LOL:

I think he broke his ribs only because he could have been smaller than an average 8 year old boy or something, like really tiny and 4'0. :LOL: And he was probably stuck in the middle of the pit, the nearer to the front or back the safer it is I reckon. Still though, he would probably break his ribs at any other Muse gig.

Singapore Indoor Stadium has a 9+ age limits for seats and 12+ age limits for the pit I think, to avoid things like that ^^^ And I find the crowd in Singapore a bit boring to be honest...:LOL::(

Am I missing something here? Since when were Placebo going to Jakarta!? :stunned::eek:

Liz, are you also going to see Cat Power and Andrew Bird? That would be an amazing January. :LOL:

I think he broke his ribs only because he could have been smaller than an average 8 year old boy or something, like really tiny and 4'0. :LOL: And he was probably stuck in the middle of the pit, the nearer to the front or back the safer it is I reckon. Still though, he would probably break his ribs at any other Muse gig.

Singapore Indoor Stadium has a 9+ age limits for seats and 12+ age limits for the pit I think, to avoid things like that ^^^ And I find the crowd in Singapore a bit boring to be honest...:LOL::(

Yes, Placebo's heading back there Feb 16th 2010!

That's the thing, if I'm going for YYY, might as well stay on for Cat Power and Green Day held the next two days, right? If i'm already there in sg for the whole weekend... I might just wait for the next weekend for the Andrew Bird gig! :( Right now however, things aren't looking too good. I might end up not attending all of the above! Sigh.

Did you follow Neil Gaiman's tweets while he was in sg with Amanda Palmer?

Yeah, usually moshing start from the centre middle part of the crowd. It's pretty easy to spot these bunch of moshers too, so don't stand too near them, find couples or girls standing together, that's the trick ;) Breaking of a rib during a Muse gig is actually pretty cool la... I mean, that boy could grow up to wear a shirt that says "I broke my rib at a Muse gig" or something.

I love the sg crowd cause they know when to keep quiet during certain songs lol. We don't get much "quietness" here in Malaysia... As proven in the Explosions in the Sky gig... :facepalm: Gotta love that Msian crowd energy sometimes though!

:eek: If Muse come to Jakarta, it might be around that time too....I want to see them both! :LOL: But if I could only choose between Muse and Placebo I'd have to choose Muse.

:( I hope you get to go to all of them! I arrive on the day that Green Day play...which annoys me because I don't like them and I'd be able to see them, but I wouldn't be able to see Cat Power or Yeah Yeah Yeahs before! :LOL:

Yes, I followed the two of them! Jealous of everybody that saw them. :(

:LOL: Yep. Most of the people at the back are just people waiting for other people, because usually when fans get there late they push through to as far forward as they can get. And at the front it's too tight to mosh or even move at times! I agree, I broke my pinky finger on a maths textbook without realising it until a couple of years later. :facepalm: Breaking a rib because of Muse > maths textbooks. :p

That's true...but I think it's more so because they're quite throughout the entire gig. :p I really want to go to a gig in London or Sydney or something, to experience what a "proper" gig is like! All the gigs in London when I'm there are all sold out and/or have age restrictions, though. :indiff: And whenever I go to Sydney all the gigs I want to go to are 18+ :LOL:

Eeeeee! Guess what came in the mail!

So I sent a mail to Laurrieta complaining about booking of flights to singapore for the Muse gig. I purposely sounded a lil mad because they've yet to confirm. SHE REPLIED WITH THIS!

Hi Liz,

Haha, where are you flying in from?

Start spreading the word on Facebook

:)

Thanks

Laurrieta

!!!!!

MUSE. FOR REALS. FEB 3rd 2010! SINGAPORE!

Edited by guilt-stricken

I predicted they would come when they were confirmed for BDO. I'm so happy they were right! :eek: And yeah, Laurietta's brother has been posting A LOT of clues on Facebook, and he basically admitted it. :chuckle: Time to book my dental appointment and plane ticket....:shifty::awesome: