u mean the one where we were all trapped in a mosh pitt? so cute la when u and my friend were trying to push those kids :LOL::p

i dunno how to upload the vid. was thinking of sending it to u via YM? some pictures of emmet.

from their website

emmetberdarah.jpg

from my camera. sorry a bit blurry and so far la..

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Thanks Faz for the pix ;)

It's OK...Canon compact cameras always turn blurry at nite (I've learnt my lesson well :p)

Oh I mean upload it on you tube then give the link? Or wait, maybe I should search on you tube first, I'm sure some kids would have uploaded something ;)

LOL to our trying to 'box' those wild kids away :LOL:

nonoor dear, glad to know that u're doing well. my friend had an almost similar experience like u and she could not tell her story without being traumatic and crying. so kudos dear for being so brave and strong. u know what, the worst part of my friend story was that she was knife-pointed by her own students. so yeah.. kids these days are seriously in desperate need for their parents' attention at home. :mad:

:eek:

:eek: ARE YOU OK?!!!!!!!!!!

Cleaver?!!!!! OMG... I think my heart stop beating for a second when I read your post. How are your head now? And why does he need to cut you anyway? Stupid idiot :mad:

Aww...... I hope you will recover soon and pray that you will be well asap :happy: Thank God nothing else happens. Take care and I'm so happy that you are strong *hugs* =)

I'm awight, thanks! Tho I am enjoying this bald look! :D

[spoiler=Updates]I got the stitches on my skull taken out today - 7 big cuts, 2 smaller ones, and 1 on my forehead which got stitched by a plastic surgeon! And which will be unstitched on Tuesday..:D Got my finger fixed on Friday, there's a wire jutting out of my finger!! My finger's gonna be bandaged for 3 weeks, then I'll have the wire pulled - yes PULLED - out of my finger :stunned::D Y'know what? I might just upload the gruesome pictures for your viewing pleasure! Heee :happy:

^ omg reading that made me cringe, I'm not sure what the pictures would do to me :stunned: you definitely have the guts girl!

:LOL: Aww.... Don't worry Liz. There is still time to see you anyway cause I think I do go to college like once in every month. Will sms you if I'm there ;):D

Perhaps then we could muse over my Muse poster in the hostel. Hey - I actually managed to get a Muse poster up in college grounds! :LOL:

I think this explains a bit about the $49.90 DVD? Click. They have TRAVIS on the list too! :] Hey Nut, I think this would be a great time to get a (laaate birthday) present for that someone ;) Lol.

Speaking of CDs, Faz did you find the Stanley Climbfall CD anywhere? I think I bought mine from Victoria at Sg Wang. Although that was a good 6 years back lol. Come to think of it, I seriously don't see much of that album in stores anymore :stunned: I haven't been CD hunting at Pertama Kompleks in the longest time. Too bad I'm cash strapped :(

I'm not sure how many of you here are Sigur Ros fans, but I re-watched the DVD of their Iceland documentary and seriously, I always fall in love with Iceland all over again when I watch it. Oh and their music too, eventhough I don't understand a word they're saying. But that's the beauty of it - they come up with a whole new language of their own and they leave it at that so that you will interpret it on your own...

If you click on the image above, it'll lead you to one of their many trailers for that DVD. You definitely get a different perspective in ... music and the environment after watching it. I'm all but praise for this. And I can't wait to make my very own trip to Iceland to take in that beauty!

I got the stitches on my skull taken out today - 7 big cuts, 2 smaller ones, and 1 on my forehead which got stitched by a plastic surgeon! And which will be unstitched on Tuesday..:D Got my finger fixed on Friday, there's a wire jutting out of my finger!! My finger's gonna be bandaged for 3 weeks, then I'll have the wire pulled - yes PULLED - out of my finger :stunned::D Y'know what? I might just upload the gruesome pictures for your viewing pleasure! Heee :happy:

OH man you make the gnarliest gangsta sound like a wimp! Glad you're getting better already... You're totally bald now? G.I Jane? :chuckle:

^ omg reading that made me cringe, I'm not sure what the pictures would do to me :stunned: you definitely have the guts girl!

Perhaps then we could muse over my Muse poster in the hostel. Hey - I actually managed to get a Muse poster up in college grounds! :LOL:

I think this explains a bit about the $49.90 DVD? Click. They have TRAVIS on the list too! :] Hey Nut, I think this would be a great time to get a (laaate birthday) present for that someone ;) Lol.

Speaking of CDs, Faz did you find the Stanley Climbfall CD anywhere? I think I bought mine from Victoria at Sg Wang. Although that was a good 6 years back lol. Come to think of it, I seriously don't see much of that album in stores anymore :stunned: I haven't been CD hunting at Pertama Kompleks in the longest time. Too bad I'm cash strapped :(

I'm not sure how many of you here are Sigur Ros fans, but I re-watched the DVD of their Iceland documentary and seriously, I always fall in love with Iceland all over again when I watch it. Oh and their music too, eventhough I don't understand a word they're saying. But that's the beauty of it - they come up with a whole new language of their own and they leave it at that so that you will interpret it on your own...

If you click on the image above, it'll lead you to one of their many trailers for that DVD. You definitely get a different perspective in ... music and the environment after watching it. I'm all but praise for this. And I can't wait to make my very own trip to Iceland to take in that beauty!

Hey i already got my colleague a couple of presents! Thanks for your input anyway!

Man i love Sigur Ros too. My favourite album's definitely Ágætis byrjun. And the first video I've ever watched of them is

Amazing, man.

Oh yeah, miele, you bought tix for the Preachers rite. I hate to tell you this but this morning when i read the papers they said they had 200 tix slashed at half price!! Don't know if there's still any left for this category. Fans were pissed. "It's like early birds were being punished for buying so early" said one of them. :stunned:

Edited by Nutcracker

Hey i already got my colleague a couple of presents! Thanks for your input anyway!

Man i love Sigur Ros too. My favourite album's definitely Ágætis byrjun. And the first video I've ever watched of them is

Amazing, man.

Glad I could be of help :] ... or not :LOL:

I think my first song from them was Sæglópur but I adore Ágætis too. I love love LOVE Starálfur! Heima is just wonderful to watch. Doesn't hurt that there was also a fan in the crowd that was wearing a Barcelona Eidur Gudjohnsen shirt :D Talk about being proud of their nation! Heh. When are they ever coming to Singapore?

Oh yeah, miele, you bought tix for the Preachers rite. I hate to tell you this but this morning when i read the papers they said they had 200 tix slashed at half price!! Don't know if there's still any left for this category. Fans were pissed. "It's like early birds were being punished for buying so early" said one of them. :stunned:

Mann, I would be pissed if that happened. Do they plan to compensate the early birds? :-/ Actually I heard that the Ash tickets were sold at 30% off too for the last two days. LAMC really don't know how to keep their fans happy huh?

Now I'm pissed :mad: :mad: :mad:

Me & Miele bought the Manics tix last week for the full price !

I haven't told Miele yet, she's on vacation rite now, don't want to spoil her mood

Nut, if u hear LAMC are going to compensate the early birds, please let us know...thanx for pointing out though...

Nonoor, glad u're being so positive rite now...I need some positive energy too :(

Liz, thanks for the Sigur Ros link, will check it out...I haven't been following up on them for quite a while

Oh, LAMC did that also to Ash at the last minute?

They should have offered discounted tickets for early birds instead!!!

Edit: I've posted my unhappiness of feeling ripped off on the band's official site. Wonder if they'll read about it? Nut, if u know any of the fans who felt being ripped off, maybe u can ask them to post on the Manics official site too? Thanks again anyway for notifying

Edited by weresodisco

[spoiler=Updates]I got the stitches on my skull taken out today - 7 big cuts, 2 smaller ones, and 1 on my forehead which got stitched by a plastic surgeon! And which will be unstitched on Tuesday..:D Got my finger fixed on Friday, there's a wire jutting out of my finger!! My finger's gonna be bandaged for 3 weeks, then I'll have the wire pulled - yes PULLED - out of my finger :stunned::D Y'know what? I might just upload the gruesome pictures for your viewing pleasure! Heee :happy:

Lol.... Your story does make me feel geli. You are really a brave girl. You do deaserve a kiss :kiss: Hehe.... Awww.... Do recover soon and do post up your picture if you want to but don't take the video of pulling the stiches out ok... :stunned:

:D

!

:yesey: Noor definitely have the guts. I'll be crying like shit if the doctor have to stich me :stunned:

:LOL: You stay in the hostel? Cool! :eek: What poster of Muse did you have? I only have put up one Muse poster in my room, that is the one where they are having the concert in Stadium Negara(got it from the concert btw :ninja:) and I didn't put up others cause it doesn't look nice enough for me =P

Maybe I shud highlight this to the Manics forum!

I haven't told Miele yet, she's on vacation rite now, don't want to spoil her mood

Nut, if u hear LAMC are going to compensate the early birds, please let us know...thanx for pointing out though...

Nonoor, glad u're being so positive rite now...I need some positive energy too :(

Liz, thanks for the Sigur Ros link, will check it out...I haven't been following up on them for quite a while

Maybe they are doing like that because they are not selling enough tickets but then they should do other kinds of promotions, not cutting the price into half while the early birds have to pay full :mad: It's quite unfair

Click.[/url'> They have TRAVIS on the list too! :] Hey Nut, I think this would be a great time to get a (laaate birthday) present for that someone ;) Lol.

heima_sigurros.jpg

owh, now i know why the price is damn low. thanx:happy:

hmm,...Stanley Climbfall? Sigur Ros? Ash? LAMC? who r they huh? am i living in a nutshell ---di bawah tempurung???!!!!

am with u hannara, don't really follow when they're talking about Sigur Ros..

Thanks Faz for the pix

It's OK...Canon compact cameras always turn blurry at nite (I've learnt my lesson well

Oh I mean upload it on you tube then give the link? Or wait, maybe I should search on you tube first, I'm sure some kids would have uploaded something

LOL to our trying to 'box' those wild kids away

my pleasure. i kinda like to see emmet's face on the board haha..

i don't think i'll upload it to youtube coz we were talking too much during Chemistry and i screamed some very embarrassing things to emmet :$:LOL: plus, the vid is quite shaky. but i think i can compress it and e-mail it to u.

[spoiler=Updates]I got the stitches on my skull taken out today - 7 big cuts, 2 smaller ones, and 1 on my forehead which got stitched by a plastic surgeon! And which will be unstitched on Tuesday..:D Got my finger fixed on Friday, there's a wire jutting out of my finger!! My finger's gonna be bandaged for 3 weeks, then I'll have the wire pulled - yes PULLED - out of my finger :stunned::D Y'know what? I might just upload the gruesome pictures for your viewing pleasure! Heee

oh my.. am sorry to be rude but have u ever read "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley? Yr descriptions kinda remind me of the monster in the novel. not that am comparing u to the monster or anything but a wire jutting out of yr finger? :eek::eek: and u still manage to be so calm and selamba about this.. U're one brave girl! u rock nonoor!! :\mm/::LOL:

Speaking of CDs, Faz did you find the Stanley Climbfall CD anywhere? I think I bought mine from Victoria at Sg Wang. Although that was a good 6 years back lol. Come to think of it, I seriously don't see much of that album in stores anymore I haven't been CD hunting at Pertama Kompleks in the longest time. Too bad I'm cash strapped

i found No Name Face and Lifehouse at midvalley. but i didn't buy the cds coz budget lari la this month hehe..i didn't find Stanley Climbfall though. :( Who We Are is easy to find but not the earlier albums.

Oh yeah, miele, you bought tix for the Preachers rite. I hate to tell you this but this morning when i read the papers they said they had 200 tix slashed at half price!! Don't know if there's still any left for this category. Fans were pissed. "It's like early birds were being punished for buying so early" said one of them.

LAMC..:facepalm:

Edited by crazy_mary

Stanley Climbfall = Lifehouse's album (Liz/Faz will know # what album, I mean 1st or 2nd or 3rd etc album?)

Sigur Ros = Band from Iceland, plays beautiful, haunting songs, but with indecipherable lyrics. One of their albums was titled [ ]. Now how do u tell the CD shop I want the Sigur Ros errr [ ] bracket? album :p

Btw, I thot I heard an Ali Cafe ad with Mawi (local singer) - yikes! ripped off one of Sigur Ros's songs (I'm not sure the song title - with the piano sound, then soaring vocals), changed it a bit for the ad. Well a lot of Malaysian advertistements do that actually. Wonder if the original artiste/songwriters get credited/payed for it, maybe not

Ash = Band from Ireland, been around since around 1995 I think. Rocky, with catchy tunes ;)

LAMC = gig promoter in S'pore. I've emailed them on that bitter episode, see if they reply, and how they wud explain it, if they care to

Edited by weresodisco

Edit: I've posted my unhappiness of feeling ripped off on the band's official site. Wonder if they'll read about it? Nut, if u know any of the fans who felt being ripped off, maybe u can ask them to post on the Manics official site too? Thanks again anyway for notifying

Hey LAMC actually refunded 5 complaints! Actually it was in the article as well. Go here to see details about the discount.

http://singaporesearchsite.com/2008/10/keppel-nights-discount-tickets-for-concerts-in-singapore/

I'm not sure if the discount is applicable to people outside SG, but even if it isn't i think it's not fair. Maybe you can highlight this to LAMC.

Thanks Nut for the info! I

Anyway here is LAMC's reply (from Mr Ross Knudson) & he replied without a subject (seems like he's in a rush, or maybe too many complaints to reply to):

"The 50% discount was not for the general public. This was a special subsidy for 200 tickets allocated to Students, Seniors and Singapore Military only. The offer is now closed and all tickets are still same price $95."

Well it certainly is different from the link u gave, Nut, where it says the general public are eligible:

For General Public

Ticketing Counter: Quote valid Keppel Nights password

Phone & Internet Booking: Quote valid Keppel Nights password

I can find the password there, & it's : "Keppel Nights Rocks"

Yes, I replied to Mr Ross, saying he was contradicting himself -by saying it was not for the general public. And I also said the offer should have started from the 1st day of the selling period instead.

Anyway, to u ppl, next time, buy tickets at the last minute, especially if it's by LAMC! What an irony!

Edited by weresodisco

OH man you make the gnarliest gangsta sound like a wimp! Glad you're getting better already... You're totally bald now? G.I Jane? :chuckle:

Hehe yep G.I. Jane! Well I was totally botak kilat at the hospital, but my hair seems to be growing very fast! And I'm liking this hair! I mean like, its not every day a girl gets to be bald :LOL: And my bro says my head suits the new hairstyle lol!

*attempts to push positive energy to weresodisco*

:happy:

Lol.... Your story does make me feel geli. You are really a brave girl. You do deaserve a kiss :kiss: Hehe.... Awww.... Do recover soon and do post up your picture if you want to but don't take the video of pulling the stiches out ok...

:D

Aww :kiss: Getting the stitches out - no problem..its pulling the wire out..uggghh...

oh my.. am sorry to be rude but have u ever read "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley? Yr descriptions kinda remind me of the monster in the novel. not that am comparing u to the monster or anything but a wire jutting out of yr finger? :eek::eek: and u still manage to be so calm and selamba about this.. U're one brave girl! u rock nonoor!! :\mm/::LOL:

Lol, I R FRANKENSTEIN hahaha Frankenstein pun Frankenstein lah..its very disgusting, I went to the doctor just now to have the bandages changed and all, and the wire moved a bit, and like a lil bit of blood came out eeeh..and the crazy nurse, she pressed - PRESSED on my WOUND exactly where the STITCHES are when she was helping the doc bandage the finger..damn ganas lah! I could've bit her head off!! :mad:

[spoiler=Updates]Anyways, besides the bandage change, I got the stitches on my forehead out, looks pretty neat, just a very fine scar, the doc did a good job :happy: And, just to have the doc look at you and say "How are you?", look at the scar a bit, and say I'm gonna have to see him again next month costs RM50.00. Removal of stitches and medication not included. :stunned::happy:

Stanley Climbfall = Lifehouse's album (Liz/Faz will know # what album, I mean 1st or 2nd or 3rd etc album?)

Sigur Ros = Band from Iceland, plays beautiful, haunting songs, but with indecipherable lyrics. One of their albums was titled [ ]. Now how do u tell the CD shop I want the Sigur Ros errr [ ] bracket? album :p

Btw, I thot I heard an Ali Cafe ad with Mawi (local singer) - yikes! ripped off one of Sigur Ros's songs (I'm not sure the song title - with the piano sound, then soaring vocals), changed it a bit for the ad. Well a lot of Malaysian advertistements do that actually. Wonder if the original artiste/songwriters get credited/payed for it, maybe not

Ash = Band from Ireland, been around since around 1995 I think. Rocky, with catchy tunes ;)

LAMC = gig promoter in S'pore. I've emailed them on that bitter episode, see if they reply, and how they wud explain it, if they care to

wow thanx. now u'v enlighten me with new information that will save me for a couple of pages more

oh yeah, nonoor, u've been very brave. if i were u, i dont think i could go thru with the stitches, the wires...urgh:eek: geli2 tak berani. hope ur hair will grow beautifully (and fast!). fast recovery, eyh:D

Walau... nonoor, you're so brave :happy: so proud of you wei. I wanna see your new hairstyle! I've always wanted to try the bald look but i'm too insecure to do it, lol. Unless someone was willing to pay me a lot of money then heck yeah i'd do it :LOL:

oh, while we're on topic of pain and whatnot, I'll be getting braces next week! :eek: anyone gotten braces here? I'm pretty darn scared that all the food i'd be able to eat is just porridge. :( I'm already wearing those separator things between my teeth and i feel like as if i'm chewing gum whenever i'm closing my mouth :chuckle:

Walau... nonoor, you're so brave :happy: so proud of you wei. I wanna see your new hairstyle! I've always wanted to try the bald look but i'm too insecure to do it, lol. Unless someone was willing to pay me a lot of money then heck yeah i'd do it :LOL:

oh, while we're on topic of pain and whatnot, I'll be getting braces next week! :eek: anyone gotten braces here? I'm pretty darn scared that all the food i'd be able to eat is just porridge. :( I'm already wearing those separator things between my teeth and i feel like as if i'm chewing gum whenever i'm closing my mouth :chuckle:

Eep I have braces. :eek: I hate them. :noey: