Hey you guys, it's the bearer of gud news @ ann_chun! :D Come in and make yourself at home ya.

Backstage :eek:? Woah perhaps too much too dream for. I would just collapse from the shock...I adore your dream setlist btw.

:LOL: wrong person girl, we should make nice with ann_chun instead, she's the one in Bangkok. But if I can, no problem. Erm, when can we get it confirmed again? :$:$

I am so dying for this for this to be confirmed....even posted a message at the Bangkok Reporter website, in the hope that the organisers will read it. Wait mary, where did you read rumour ada RATM? :eek::eek: Muse and RATM? I wish!

*Dies*

about the backstage, i knw that there's very little chance. but when my friend went to see rain, the korean popstar, at the same venue, she remembered that he went on the exit on the left. she told me that i should try getting out there and catch them. we should be able to get back in, i think, as long as we have the ticket. but anyways i would do anything to meet them.

as for the tickets, last time they were available on http://www.thaiticketmaster.com

so it'll probably be the same for next yr.

answers questions on how u pay and pick up the ticket:http://www.thaiticketmaster.com/helpchart_eng.php

im dying for the confirmation too, but i dnt rily knw where to get the updates aside from googling it daily. i believe that when the fest gets closer and closer, it'll become a big news in thailand, and i would let u guys knw the update as soon as possible. im in the states btw, and im going to miss the madison square garden gig in nyc b/c im leavin there 2 days before the gig. which is a real shame. i passed the venue like four times already. one time i saw the gig ad on the screen, the other time i saw their poster. i rily do hope that bkk rock fest will be the chance to make it up.

WHOA I MISSED SO MUCH. IF MUSE IS GOING TO PERFORM I SERIOUSLY WANT TO GO. but its a Festival right? so i'm assuming the crowd is gonna be HUUUUUUGE. a bit too huge for a little girl like me :(

mynameisdebbie, i agree that there are gna be a lot of ppl (big+small). im also a 16 yr old girl like u as well, and i would say that im pretty small too. anyways i just didnt want u to feel intimidated. u gotta be tough hon! last time the fest took place in impact arena at muang thong thani. the capacity of the arena is about 12,000.

i like the venue, its the best one in bkk and it's near to where i live! last time i went there for the thailand open which is comin up soon again.

as for the tickets, last time they were available on http://www.thaiticketmaster.com

answers questions on how u pay and pick up the ticket:http://www.thaiticketmaster.com/helpchart_eng.php

im dying for the confirmation too, but i dnt rily knw where to get the updates aside from googling it daily. i believe that when the fest gets closer and closer, it'll become a big news in thailand, and i would let u guys knw the update as soon as possible. im in the states btw, and im going to miss the madison square garden gig in nyc b/c im leavin there 2 days before the gig. which is a real shame. i passed the venue like four times already. one time i saw the gig ad on the screen, the other time i saw their poster. i rily do hope that bkk rock fest will be the chance to make it up.

mynameisdebbie, i agree that there are gna be a lot of ppl (big+small). im also a 16 yr old girl like u as well, and i would say that im pretty small too. anyways i just didnt want u to feel intimidated. u gotta be tough hon! last time the fest took place in impact arena at muang thong thani. the capacity of the arena is about 12,000.

i like the venue, its the best one in bkk and it's near to where i live! last time i went there for the thailand open which is comin up soon again.

So much info, thank you so much ann_chun! Er, kop kun khap / kaa? :$ (Is that right?)

Sorry to hear bout you missing the MSG gig, you must be gutted. Maybe if we get our chance Bangkok can match MSG in terms of crowd response huh? Here's to wishing and hoping!

about the backstage, i knw that there's very little chance. but when my friend went to see rain, the korean popstar, at the same venue, she remembered that he went on the exit on the left. she told me that i should try getting out there and catch them. we should be able to get back in, i think, as long as we have the ticket. but anyways i would do anything to meet them.

aww thanks :$:) they havent mentioned the venue for next year's one yet? what about the ticket prices? :)

i've never been to a rock festival before... is it more massive than any other normal rock concert? or is it pretty much the same? i'm assuming it would be more massive since lotsa fans of all kinds of bands are gonna be there at the same time. scary :(

all these talks about the festival really makes me excited la.. woot! :musesign: i'm dying for it to be confirmed.

i can only imagine a festival like rock the world (coz that's the only rock festival that i've been to) but am sure it'll be more massive than that.. oh miele, muse and RATM will only be happening at vegas! i was only mentioning my wishlist of bands to perform for the Bkk festival.. heh. :(

eh? where's my Tunku Abdul Rahman sig?:confused:

actually, u can get backstage by just bribing the pakcik jaga.. :p i know i did that but then i get kicked out later hahah, but as long as u keep your original tickets that's alright then

oh my god, muse and ratm, why am i always last to know? i wanna go wanna wanna wanna wanna..

edit : are you guys actually planning to go to thailand for muse?

actually, u can get backstage by just bribing the pakcik jaga.. :p i know i did that but then i get kicked out later hahah, but as long as u keep your original tickets that's alright then

oh my god, muse and ratm, why am i always last to know? i wanna go wanna wanna wanna wanna..

Muse on Thailand....:yesey::yesey:woot...excited:musesign::musesign:

Answers for mynameisdebbie:

im pretty sure that the venue will be the same one, cos it's the biggest and best one. Ticket price from last year: http://www.thaiticketmaster.com/concert/rockfestival06_eng.php

i think it's very cheap, because when my friend went to the rain concert, it costed 5500 baht (seat), while the best standing ticket here cost 5,000 baht for a 2 day pass. I'm not sure how much that is in malaysia currency. but i bet u'll find it very cheap also. Hopefully, the prices will the stay the same. And the venue is an arena, so it's indoors.

i think bangkok rock fest is not that big for a festival. It is smaller than fuji rock and other big fests in the states and europe.

Ooo i just noticed that dEUS came last time- muse's influence! and stereophonics...

anyways, some people uploaded some vids from bangkok rock fest 2006 on youtube. if you just type in bangkok rock fest, u'll get some vids. maybe it'll help u get an idea of wat it's like. Ive never been to one either, so cant rily tell u wat it's like myself hehe.

what is pakcik jaga?

how did u bribe the pakcik jaga?!

um, pakcik jaga came to me.. i have no clue why.. :$ maybe i look bribable..

Answers for mynameisdebbie:

im pretty sure that the venue will be the same one, cos it's the biggest and best one. Ticket price from last year: http://www.thaiticketmaster.com/concert/rockfestival06_eng.php

i think it's very cheap, because when my friend went to the rain concert, it costed 5500 baht (seat), while the best standing ticket here cost 5,000 baht for a 2 day pass. I'm not sure how much that is in malaysia currency. but i bet u'll find it very cheap also. Hopefully, the prices will the stay the same. And the venue is an arena, so it's indoors.

i think bangkok rock fest is not that big for a festival. It is smaller than fuji rock and other big fests in the states and europe.

Ooo i just noticed that dEUS came last time- muse's influence! and stereophonics...

anyways, some people uploaded some vids from bangkok rock fest 2006 on youtube. if you just type in bangkok rock fest, u'll get some vids. maybe it'll help u get an idea of wat it's like. Ive never been to one either, so cant rily tell u wat it's like myself hehe.

what is pakcik jaga?

oh my god u are killing me *dies*

err, sorry, pakcik jaga is the malay equivalent for em, security guard? yeah.. the uniformed guys.

the reason muse is playing in vegoose is coz ratm is also palying.. listen to the tripple j interview. awesome line up in that festival..

:yesey: am dead serius.. better thailand than spore since its cheaper. but only one tiny problem.. its still only a rumour! :(

WOAH the organiser is thinking seriously about Muse?? and Pearl Jam? I wana go!!

Anyone suspect they might do a follow up on the Asian tour after Down Under? That'll be swell.

woah ader pearl jam ke? *dies of excitement*

yeah.. been thinking the same thing. oz and us are that far.. there's a chance of another SEA tour in NOV? omg... yet another reason to be hopeful.

_eng.php[/url]

sweet! i love indoor concerts.. and i love the tix prices.:happy:

the reason muse is playing in vegoose is coz ratm is also palying.. listen to the tripple j interview. awesome line up in that festival..

:yesey: am dead serius.. better thailand than spore since its cheaper. but only one tiny problem.. its still only a rumour! :(

yeah.. been thinking the same thing. oz and us are that far.. there's a chance of another SEA tour in NOV? omg... yet another reason to be hopeful.

i checked and 5000baht is like S$253. WOW. I don't feel like it's cheap. But if the line up is great, why not! I feel tat if they're really having another SEAn tour it'll be in '08 though.. Hopefully the Bangkok rock fest will happen. That'll rock. And thai food rocks too. Especially thai chilli.

About Pearl Jam, i must've read the article wrongly. Heh heh sorry to get your hopes high. :p

I might wanna catch them down under. :D

Hope you do and share with us some media dude!

EH NOOO NOT NOVEMBER PLEASE NOT DURING MY SPM -- THE MOST IMPORTANT EXAM OF MY LIFE -- PLEASE. :(

i checked and 5000baht is like S$253. WOW. I don't feel like it's cheap. But if the line up is great, why not! I feel tat if they're really having another SEAn tour it'll be in '08 though.. Hopefully the Bangkok rock fest will happen. That'll rock. And thai food rocks too. Especially thai chilli.

About Pearl Jam, i must've read the article wrongly. Heh heh sorry to get your hopes high. :p

Hope you do and share with us some media dude!

WHOA FOR A SECOND THERE I GOT CONFUSED WITH DE7ILNITEZ AND NUTCRACKER. ... must be the testosterone. lol.

and er, if S$253... here it would be about RM500++. holy shiznits :stunned: i dont think i can afford that! :(

Mary, ITA on Bangkok being much cheaper than Spore, that adds to the anticipation as well. How to tahan wei!

Yeah Deb, 500 plus does sound steep, but think of it in these terms: it's for a two- day festival with eight awesome bands, including muse! That's 250 plus per day, not that bad eh?

And yeah Mike, some of us (moi especially) really damn serious in going if the event is confirmed. Damn rumours, when la will come true? *Taps foot impatiently*

Nutcracker, if it comes true lets all go together lah, I think so far yang mcm nak confirm are the 'mature women': Me and Mary.

De7 if you're really going to Oz: :eek:damn dude, so lucky! Record some stuff, will ya? Man of Mystery ke....

Ann_chun howzabout we teach you some Malay and you teach us some Thai? In preparation for the rock festival and all.....:D. I only know a few words: 'rak" , "paeng" , "padthai", and 'falang". :LOL::$ Useless, eh?

Enough time to learn before feb 08, right?

Mary, ITA on Bangkok being much cheaper than Spore, that adds to the anticipation as well. How to tahan wei!

Yeah Deb, 500 plus does sound steep, but think of it in these terms: it's for a two- day festival with eight awesome bands, including muse! That's 250 plus per day, not that bad eh?

And yeah Mike, some of us (moi especially) really damn serious in going if the event is confirmed. Damn rumours, when la will come true? *Taps foot impatiently*

Nutcracker, if it comes true lets all go together lah, I think so far yang mcm nak confirm are the 'mature women': Me and Mary.

De7 if you're really going to Oz: :eek:damn dude, so lucky! Record some stuff, will ya? Man of Mystery ke....

Ann_chun howzabout we teach you some Malay and you teach us some Thai? In preparation for the rock festival and all.....:D. I only know a few words: 'rak" , "paeng" , "padthai", and 'falang". :LOL::$ Useless, eh?

lol if it was confirmed, and cheap, yeah i'd definately be serious about going. but if its Rm500.... i highly doubt i can go. sigh :(

well, am not saying 500plus is cheap but based on the tix price link that ann_chun gave us there were some cheaper tix for the 2006 festival so am hoping for the same range of prices for next year's event. plus, if u think about the cheaper airline tix and low hotel room rate, i reckon its quite worth it la.. not so bad. start saving from now, deb! am already start to posa.. heh. btw nutcracker, thanks for making my life brighter for the past few hours with that false Pearl Jam rumour. lol.. bleh.:'(

lol, miele. we should go together! but how la..? u're at penang and am here at klang.. takkan jumpa kt bangkok kot? heh. but to tell u the truth if this bangkok festival is confirmed than i can just say goodbye to europe in june la... half of my europe trip saving will be gone for this!

OMg de7, if it was me its not i might wanna watch em, i'll definitely go and watch 'em down under. u so lucky, lucky u!

Yes if it comes true and Muse HAVE to be performing, i reckon it'll be a yes. Since im all the way down here in Singapore we might just meet over there or something.

And some good Thai vocab you have there! I know nuts about speaking thai cept for the normal Sawadika/p and ... ok that's it.

btw nutcracker, thanks for making my life brighter for the past few hours with that false Pearl Jam rumour. lol.. bleh.:'(

LOL stop making me feel bad, before i make up more rumours. :D

And yeah Deb, think of it as a well deserved gift for your hard work that you're putting into your SPM atm!

i'm in i'm in i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!! *serious*

*proceeds to auction self at thailand ebay*

haha, no lah, it's damn lucky that somehow uitm manages to refund me the exact same amount i need to go there.. oh my god *jumps* :D er, no, you guys are right :( i still have to live like a monk for the next month to be able to go.

it's great that we're meeting some thais there. Knowing my luck, probably half the expenditures will go towards being cheated out of my money for being a tourist :(

crazy mary : sungguh respek kepada patriotisma kamu

yeah man i agree with mike. seriously damn proud of crazy_mary's semangat patriotisme. i had to write an essay about how to memupuk semangat patriotisme for my Pre-trials. not a very easy thing to write about, imo :(

And yeah Deb, think of it as a well deserved gift for your hard work that you're putting into your SPM atm!

lol i never thought of it that way. maybe i could use that as an excuse for my parents to let me go.. IF this whole thing is confirmed anyway. :p

EDIT-------------

plus, if u think about the cheaper airline tix and low hotel room rate, i reckon its quite worth it la.. not so bad. start saving from now, deb! am already start to posa.. heh.

lol why fly? why dont we just drive there? :D and yeah i'm definately gonna start saving now!

if the tix is too expensive for u, remember that u can get the one-day pass instead. lol miele, ur thai isnt that bad at all actually! i dnt knw any malay language hehe. not even hello, which is rily rily sad. anyways im rily busy...school starts in 2 days :'(. just got back from the states last nite.

i'm in i'm in i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!! *serious*

*proceeds to auction self at thailand ebay*

crazy mary : sungguh respek kepada patriotisma kamu

jom la adyla.. we can go together eh? since uitm (u're in uitm shah alam rite?) and klang is not that far. am hoping shannaz will go too..IF THIS THING IS CONFIRMED.

:happy: thanks! sebagai seorang guru, saya perlu memupuk semangat cintakan negara kepada semua generasi muda.. chewah.. heh.

yeah man i agree with mike. seriously damn proud of crazy_mary's semangat patriotisme. i had to write an essay about how to memupuk semangat patriotisme for my Pre-trials. not a very easy thing to write about, imo :(

lol why fly? why dont we just drive there? :D and yeah i'm definately gonna start saving now!

woah, killer question. but very appropriate since its merdeka month. hope u were able to 'goreng' in ur essay.

tis easier and faster.. plus, i dunno the way to drive to bangkok. are u planning to drive there wif someone?

if the tix is too expensive for u, remember that u can get the one-day pass instead. lol miele, ur thai isnt that bad at all actually! i dnt knw any malay language hehe. not even hello, which is rily rily sad. anyways im rily busy...school starts in 2 days :'(. just got back from the states last nite.

hello is hello in malay btw! :D

hey.. any of u guys going for gwen steffani's concert?

*waits for weresodisco*

jom la adyla.. we can go together eh? since uitm (u're in uitm shah alam rite?) and klang is not that far. am hoping shannaz will go too..IF THIS THING IS CONFIRMED.

:happy: thanks! sebagai seorang guru, saya perlu memupuk semangat cintakan negara kepada semua generasi muda.. chewah.. heh.

woah, killer question. but very appropriate since its merdeka month. hope u were able to 'goreng' in ur essay.

tis easier and faster.. plus, i dunno the way to drive to bangkok. are u planning to drive there wif someone?

*waits for weresodisco*

will only comment when the whole thing is really confirmed! :LOL::p

but if im goin then im goin with u k.faz! so i can tell my parents that im goin to a rock festival but im goin with this nice 'kakak' whos matured and able to take care of 'adik-adik' a plus point; she's a 'cikgu sekolah' so she should be a very responsible person :LOL::D

*waits for weresodisco*

killer question indeed! my teacher said i wrote it half correct, since i kinda strayed from the main topic. she gave me 58%. mehh.

the question was "Acara semasa mengyambut ulang tahun kemerdekaan negara merupakan antara cara terbaik untuk memupuk semangat patriotisme dalam kalangan generasi muda. bincangkan"

so i wrote about the media massa having advertisements, the dataran merdeka and shopping malls having celebrations and fireworks, the eye of malaysia, the schools having competitions for most decorated class and the pertandingan membuat puisi and stuff. but my teacher said that i should have written about how doing that would memupuk semangat patriotisme. not what the kerajaan does to memupuk semangat patriotisme. hard la :(

about the bangkok rock fest, i told my sister about it and she went all "OH I WANNA GO I WANNA GO" too! haha this officially means that i've turned her into a Muse fan btw. so er, IF the thing is confirmed, we MIGHT drive there together. and thats a big IF. there's money to worry about and stuff as well :( and of course, our parents.

will only comment when the whole thing is really confirmed! :LOL::p

but if im goin then im goin with u k.faz! so i can tell my parents that im goin to a rock festival but im goin with this nice 'kakak' whos matured and able to take care of 'adik-adik' a plus point; she's a 'cikgu sekolah' so she should be a very responsible person :LOL::D

lol yeah thats so true :LOL: who knows, maybe if i can go i might be able to meet up with you guys there!