You're never too old to get a pair of chucks. My very own mother wears a pair of black chucks to work <3 She says it's comfortable. LOL.:LOL:

IMG_5750.jpg

A lot of people came up to us to ask about the banner! Haha. They ask silly questions like, "Are you from KL" well d'oh! :LOL:

You can view L's videos HERE. :D Keep checking back, I'm sure she'll update more!

Ya la Faz, you're never too old for cool shoes. I loved my old blue suede Converse. It died though :LOL:

Thank u so much agin Liz, and to L for the vids. What a cool banner! Multipurpose plak tu: show love / get Ash's attention plus icebreaker with fellow Ash fans.

this is not good. comparing yr mom to me. :noey: thanks a lot. i feel so old now so maybe i shouldn't get a pair of chucks :$:LOL:

Jason Wade's face was like inches away from u!! if i were u i would've tried to touch his hair! haha.. i can't imagine if i got to see Muse so up close like that. i would die of happiness, i tell u. thanks a lot for those videos. can't really hear jason's voice but u were so close! so that's all that matters. i love yr Spin vid!! :D Cool banner btw.

there's a Lifehouse community? the forum on their official website is not that active the last time i checked. so am a bit curious which community is this, if u don't mind me asking? :)

hey miele and aida. what are u two secretly discussing about? am a bit curious to know now what with the "check yr pm" secret code! :LOL:

btw, sorry to digress, any of u guys using Vista? it kinda suck or maybe am just having a tough time adjusting to it..:( gah, i miss my old comp.

Edited by crazy_mary

Aida, I'm sure we're all expecting a full report from you for Manic's gig too ;)

I have written about 11 pages for the LH gig report in double spacing. lol it feels like I'm doing an assignment or something :LOL:

L just asked me to fly to Bangkok with her for Ash/Manic! So tempted to go again but Nov 30th is my sister's bridal shower la. She would kill me for bailing out! (My sister, not L) :(

this is not good. comparing yr mom to me. :noey: thanks a lot. i feel so old now so maybe i shouldn't get a pair of chucks :$:LOL:

Jason Wade's face was like inches away from u!! if i were u i would've tried to touch his hair! haha.. i can't imagine if i got to see Muse so up close like that. i would die of happiness, i tell u. thanks a lot for those videos. can't really hear jason's voice but u were so close! so that's all that matters. i love yr Spin vid!! Cool banner btw.

there's a Lifehouse community? the forum on their official website is not that active the last time i checked. so am a bit curious which community is this, if u don't mind me asking?

btw, sorry to digress, any of u guys using Vista? it kinda suck or maybe am just having a tough time adjusting to it..:( gah, i miss my old comp.

I didn't mean it that wayy lol :-/

chuckcloseupox6.jpg

It looks good no matter how dirty it is ;) I say you should get yourself a pair :] Comes in handy during concerts too!

Mmm, I would love to watch Muse in a private/intimate venue. I'm so used to watching videos of them in festivals, big stadiums and all that! Acoustic Sunburn. I'd like that :happy:

Yeah, the sound system in that venue was crap. If you're up front you can hardly hear Jason's vocals because it's drowned out by the guitars. You do get to hear his voice though - like his actual voice! Not some mic-amplified voice. Heh. Actually, that venue in general was crap. I feel really bad for the fans that started queueing up about an hour before the show starts. They had to cram into odd positions with not very nice views.. Oh that Spin vid :$ My sister uploaded that one as well eventhough I told her not to because it had my face all over it. Hrrmm.

The official Lifehouse message board is filled with ... nonsense. To get a proper fan oriented updated forum, head over to http://www.lh-bsides.shorturl.com :) We've survived a lot of forum closures - from the time Lifehouse was dropped by their old label Dreamworks, to the unknown silence about LH's future during that 2003 hiatus and finally when they announced that Geffen signed them in 2005-ish. We found that the new Geffen forum is filled with Ashley Simpson bull though and tweens constantly spamming about Jason/Bryce being hottt. so we've made a new home for ourselves :]

Meh. I need to stop rambling!

I don't use Vista, although I had the option to change but I'm just too lazy to learn how it works.

-----------

On a lighter Twilight note, what do you guys think of Breaking Dawn? I'm about half way through the book now and I have to say I certainly don't like it as much as the first :-/ I cringe everytime Bella and Jacob start their loving each other nonsense. lol. :( I felt pretty much that way all through Eclipse. Did anyone read the "leaked" 9 chapters of Midnight Sun?

Liz, omg, no barricade? wow, you could've practically climbed up on stage and give Lifehouse a hug! but.. then the security would hunt you down and kick you out, but you'll definitely be remembered by Lifehouse forever haha :D Wow i'm surprised nobody reached their arm out to like.. try and touch Jason or anything. Usually the barricades are there for control reasons! maybe they all thought that you guys are mature and un-fangirly enough :D

Aww that From Where You Are song is so.. sad :( So I guess Lifehouse wont play Everything again? :( but you never know! they could 'pull a muse' and play Everything again, like how Muse played Unintended and Microcuts and Dead Star and all that again :happy:

Lol oops, haha all this while i thought Andy was Malaysian :chuckle cant wait :D ARE we gonna have another Muser meet up soon?

that Broken video.. wow i could barely hear Jason! But i can hear his real voice though, when he's shouting, but barely la. It could've been someone from the audience also la actually haha, i wouldnt know. He looks proper exhausted though! when he bent down to strum his guitar he looked like he wanted to just throw his guitar away, lie down on the floor and just die out of exhaustion aha. What was he saying at the end? :)

Kak faz, aiya you should get chucks, really :) you'll look way cool. and your students will think you're even cooler! not that your normal grunge-rock-loving self isnt cool enough already la :)

Argh there's this Sprite droplet stain on my left chuck.. i'm SOOO tempted to just wipe that off with water! arghgh.

About Twilight,

I honestly thought Breaking Dawn was the worst book out of the saga. Book 1 (bella) was pretty okay until she got so sex-crazed, and until she got friggin knocked up :stunned: My favourite would have to be book 2 though, because I love the way Jacob erm.. narrates. For me, its much easier to read la :) like its more casual, haha. and yeah I was pretty annoyed with Jacob in book 3 when he just.. wont stop bothering Bella with his weird reverse psychology thing, and his kiss and all that. so annoying!

Most of my complaints about Breaking Dawn is about the ending.. or towards the ending la, but I wont spoil it for you yet haha :)

I thought it was 12 chapters of Midnight Sun? apparently Steph Meyer threw a minor bitch fit when she found out that practically half of Midnight Sun got leaked, so she said she didnt wanna write it anymore until she found her 'Edward voice' again, because she felt rather violated la. So I decided not to read it yet...

Plus reading e-books kinda hurt my eyes :p

Edited by mynameisdebbie

Faz, me & Miele are discussing Manics Spore VS Bangkok Rock 100 :LOL:

I remember last time Bangkok Rock 2006 they had a lot more line-ups: Placebo, Maximo Park, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Oasis, Ian Brown of Stone Roses....I knew about it but I didn't go...:stunned:

Liz, u & L weren't shoved off when recording Ash soundcheck..I remember Nut mentioning last time when Muse were soundchecking at Fort Canning, & someone was recording it, those people were being halau-ed :p

Anyway, which way did u enter from in the afternoon (for Ash)? Did u have to show yr tickets? And what time did u enter for the proper show?

I didn't mean it that wayy lol :-/

chuckcloseupox6.jpg

It looks good no matter how dirty it is ;) I say you should get yourself a pair :] Comes in handy during concerts too!

Yeah, the sound system in that venue was crap. If you're up front you can hardly hear Jason's vocals because it's drowned out by the guitars. You do get to hear his voice though - like his actual voice! Not some mic-amplified voice. Heh. Actually, that venue in general was crap. I feel really bad for the fans that started queueing up about an hour before the show starts. They had to cram into odd positions with not very nice views.. Oh that Spin vid :$ My sister uploaded that one as well eventhough I told her not to because it had my face all over it. Hrrmm.

Meh. I need to stop rambling!

oh i know u didn't mean it that way. i was just trying to insafkan myself :LOL:

i don't think i'd like to let my chucks go dirty like that! haha..

i actually saw a vid of the concert with great audio. perhaps it was just at the front? coz it happened to me when i was at the front during Sunburst, Muse and MCR as well. i couldn't actually hear the voice clearly. but i think it's cool that u could hear his actual voice! (:eek:!!) seriously, i love watching yr Spin vid coz there were so many actions, from the headbanging girl at the side to Jason jumping and Ben and Bryce swapping places (hope i got the names correct). awesome!

thanks a lot for the link. now i understand why u know a lot about Lifehouse. it's great to know that an avid fan like yourself finally got the chance to meet (again, :eek:!!) and see the band in concert! the tapping shoe thing was hillarious and i downloaded Storm in Singapore recording that was posted there :LOL: thanks Liz, for making me listen to LH again. i just realized that i have 4 of their albums -- 3 in cassettes mind u, coz my car stereo couldn't play cds back then heh..-- and i've been listening to all of 'em again. am in love with Storm rite now. i was thinking of joining the forum but nah.. that would mean i'll be glued in front of my laptop longer than i usually do. how old were u when u first heard of them i wonder? i just can't get over the fact that you're still young and u joined the community back in 05! lol

Kak faz, aiya you should get chucks, really :) you'll look way cool. and your students will think you're even cooler! not that your normal grunge-rock-loving self isnt cool enough already la :)

Argh there's this Sprite droplet stain on my left chuck.. i'm SOOO tempted to just wipe that off with water! arghgh.

About Twilight,

I honestly thought Breaking Dawn was the worst book out of the saga. Book 1 (bella) was pretty okay until she got so sex-crazed, and until she got friggin knocked up :stunned: My favourite would have to be book 2 though, because I love the way Jacob erm.. narrates. For me, its much easier to read la :) like its more casual, haha. and yeah I was pretty annoyed with Jacob in book 3 when he just.. wont stop bothering Bella with his weird reverse psychology thing, and his kiss and all that. so annoying!

Most of my complaints about Breaking Dawn is about the ending.. or towards the ending la, but I wont spoil it for you yet haha :)

haha.. it's not about being cool. it's just that my 'concert' shoes are worn out already and i need a pair of good, comfy ones. so perhaps it's time that i get myself of pair of silver, no i mean black chucks hehe.. i would definitely wash my shoes if there's a stain on it.

i concur. i don't fancy it much, it's.. well, boring. i think i've mentioned this to Liz during the meet up that i have 2 or 3 more chapters to read but am just not interested to continue reading. think i stopped till the part where they were preparing to face the ancient vampire clan -- can't remember what they are called. the volturi?. and i love book 2 too! jacob is really funny! perhaps i should just finish it to know how it ends. lol

hey guys!

long time no seee,

how've you been lately? (:

hello! *waves* selamat hari raya to you! am putting on more weight now, thanks to all the open-houses that i've been to. but am not complaining. things are always great when there's good food around.

Faz, me & Miele are discussing Manics Spore VS Bangkok Rock 100 :LOL:

I remember last time Bangkok Rock 2006 they had a lot more line-ups: Placebo, Maximo Park, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Oasis, Ian Brown of Stone Roses....I knew about it but I didn't go...:stunned:

so have u guys decided which one to go? that was one cool line up. can't believe u didn't go.

Edited by crazy_mary

What was he saying at the end? :)

Jason said, "Thank you Singapore, we love you! We'll see you next time!" How cliche! :rolleyes::LOL: The only original thing he said, I suppose, would be that little speech he gave before an impromptu song he did right when he came back for the encore. Jason folded his long sleeves and said, "I haven’t played this song for like two years. You guys wanna hear a song called Storm? Alright – if I mess it up, it’s all your fault!" The crowd cheered in unison before being absolutely silent to hear him sing!

I thought it was 12 chapters of Midnight Sun? apparently Steph Meyer threw a minor bitch fit when she found out that practically half of Midnight Sun got leaked, so she said she didnt wanna write it anymore until she found her 'Edward voice' again, because she felt rather violated la. So I decided not to read it yet...

Plus reading e-books kinda hurt my eyes

Whoops. 12 chapters I mean. Heh. Apparently she gave the drafts to only like less than 5 people... the director for Twilight the movie, Robert Pattinson and a few of her editors (don't quote me on this however). I'm upset that she has halted writing that book indefinitely though. I would love to get inside of Edward's head :( I'm all about reading e-books actually! When I'm cut off from the internet, at least I still have a reason to spend time in front of my laptop. Lol.

Faz, me & Miele are discussing Manics Spore VS Bangkok Rock 100

I remember last time Bangkok Rock 2006 they had a lot more line-ups: Placebo, Maximo Park, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Oasis, Ian Brown of Stone Roses....I knew about it but I didn't go...

Liz, u & L weren't shoved off when recording Ash soundcheck..I remember Nut mentioning last time when Muse were soundchecking at Fort Canning, & someone was recording it, those people were being halau-ed

Anyway, which way did u enter from in the afternoon (for Ash)? Did u have to show yr tickets? And what time did u enter for the proper show?

Mmmm, I remembered Bangkok 2006. I wanted to see Snow Patrol pretty bad at that time (totally addicted to Chocolate). My friend and I were already planning to sleep over at the Bangkok air terminal to save on accommodation. :LOL: Of course, we didn't get the green light eventually.

We were so worried that we would get kicked out during Ash's soundcheck! Nobody came to tell us off though. Everyone around was so friendly - as opposed to the lousy Lifehouse organizers who were so tight lipped about everything. Even talked to three other girls there who were supposed to be WORKING at Fort Canning Park but instead they get to enjoy themselves with the company of Ash! (Later on, they were the ones that checked our tickets) This girl, Cindy, went "OH YEAH I LOVE MY JOB". Sigh. I would love to work for LAMC too. I'd influence them to bring The Killers/Dishwalla/Feeder/Pearl Jam to this region lol.

Of course, me and L kept our limits too because we knew if we even went a tiny bit overboard with our fangirliness (a difficult feat, honestly!), they would kick us out. We didn't harrass Ash or anything, we just let them do their thing.

Me and L actually stumbled upon the whole Beer Festival thing that was going on at the other side of Fort Canning. They were all busy setting up their booths though. Nobody asked for our tickets. So we just walked in and berpura-pura we were part of it :LOL: Of course, that led us to the museum (?) and we could see the stage from the balcony there. We were sitting there quietly working on our banners at first - a few tourists came by and caught us sitting on the floor working on something artistic. Good thing they didn't like, give us money or anything hahahaa. It wasn't til about 1:45pm we noticed the three girls I mentioned earlier was onstage taking photos with Ash and all. We packed our things and walked over to the stage quickly then to see if it was really them. Right in front of my eyes, there stood Tim!

After witnessing their soundcheck (it went on for a good 2 hours+!), only then we left and went out from the entrance (the bottom of the hill one) to start queueing up. The gates didn't open til about 7:20pm! If you're going for Manics @ Sg, you'll most likely bump into my sister and her bf (not that sister you met though, another one lol).

i actually saw a vid of the concert with great audio. perhaps it was just at the front? coz it happened to me when i was at the front during Sunburst, Muse and MCR as well. i couldn't actually hear the voice clearly. but i think it's cool that u could hear his actual voice! seriously, i love watching yr Spin vid coz there were so many actions, from the headbanging girl at the side to Jason jumping and Ben and Bryce swapping places (hope i got the names correct). awesome!

thanks a lot for the link. now i understand why u know a lot about Lifehouse. it's great to know that an avid fan like yourself finally got the chance to meet and see the band in concert! the tapping shoe thing was hillarious and i downloaded Storm in Singapore recording that was posted there. thanks Liz, for making me listen to LH again. i just realized that i have 4 of their albums -- 3 in cassettes mind u, coz my car stereo couldn't play cds back then heh..-- and i've been listening to all of 'em again. am in love with Storm rite now. i was thinking of joining the forum but nah.. that would mean i'll be glued in front of my laptop longer than i usually do. how old were u when u first heard of them i wonder? i just can't get over the fact that you're still young and u joined the community back in 05! lol

Aww, thanks <3 I totally know what you mean by not having enough time due to forums! Which explained why for the most part, prior to Sunburst, I was usually a lurker around here. But you guys were just too nice, it was impossible not to lurk only! If you dropped by the LH bsides forum a few months earlier, you would've seen my siggy with Matt in it, instead of the current Christian Bale one ;) Actually we started that forum back in 2005 after a tiny 'accident' with our old message board, which I still dearly miss right now. I don't post as much as I do last time... Let's just say I practically spent my whole teenage years being a part of the LH community. I've grown so much since - even to the extent that sometimes... I don't exactly agree with what LH is doing as they venture into a newer, more mainstream market. :( which is why I suppose I am forever grateful to Lifehouse for, well, shaping who I am today. Safe to say, I guess if I wasn't involved in forums - I wouldn't even be around in this forum!

Yay! I'm so proud of you to have all the LH albums in your collection ;] Did you know that the Storm in Who We Are is actually a new version of that song? I'm so so sorry to jump in on you guys for this... but even before Lifehouse was formed, when Jason started out, he was in a band called Blyss and they managed to release an album titled Diff's Lucky Day! The original Storm is featured there. Head over to Lifehouse Media if you want to listen to it - and for all your Lifehouse download needs. :happy: Be warned though - it'll definitely take some time to explore the whole database there!

While we're at the topic of this though - I'm curious as to how you guys came upon posting around in this Muse message board ;) and how it felt like when you found out that Muse would be playing MALAYSIA!? Now, here's an interesting story to listen :]

Major sidetracking here.....Speaking of SUNBURST....... Remember I mentioned I was uploading a few sunburst pictures a long time ago? I never got around to posting it here heh. These pics are strictly not mine though! Mine turned out like crap, as opposed to these!

sbe5.jpg

sbe3.jpg

sbe2.jpg

sbe1.jpg

sbe4.jpg

sbe10.jpg

Hurray, one layer of clothing off!

sbe11.jpg

LOL!

sbe13.jpg

sbe20.jpg

sbe18.jpg

And now he's topless. Yay!

sbe16.jpg

sbe12.jpg

sbe17.jpg

*DROOLS*

sbe15.jpg

One last one for you, Faz!

sbe19.jpg

hello! *waves* selamat hari raya to you! am putting on more weight now, thanks to all the open-houses that i've been to. but am not complaining. things are always great when there's good food around.

selamat hari raya to you too :happy:

oh my goooooosh!

i am so jealous, i've been to malaysia during hari raya once and homgygod so much foooooooooooood!

that being said i just ate some of mama's fish curry with rice. yum!

Faz, me & Miele are discussing Manics Spore VS Bangkok Rock 100

Ala Faz, jom ah lets go! Then we can discuss here so everyone can know our tedious plans :p

While we're at the topic of this though - I'm curious as to how you guys came upon posting around in this Muse message board ;) and how it felt like when you found out that Muse would be playing MALAYSIA!? Now, here's an interesting story to listen :]

Liz, thank you 3x! Totally loved your stories about Ash soundcheck etc...You write very well, can imagine everything so vividly la it's like I was there :LOL: Keep 'em coming, every detail counts.

The board: Argh to my eternal shame and regret I didnt get to post here before Muse came. Went apeshit when discovered Muse were coming and there was a presale in Sg Wang, and then had to suppress all the crazy emotions inside. :( I thought I was alone, can you believe it? It would have been wonderful to have experience it with u guys...Not that my frenz werent cool but they dont even get why I went insane when Sunburn started, and why I was talking so much about Assassin etc....Still kicking myself after joining only on March 2007, such a loser la.

Liz u may have asked me the wrong question ;)

Major sidetracking here.....Speaking of SUNBURST....... Remember I mentioned I was uploading a few sunburst pictures a long time ago? I never got around to posting it here heh. These pics are strictly not mine though! Mine turned out like crap, as opposed to these!

Woah those photos *heart stops*

Must. give. prior. warning.

selamat hari raya to you too :happy:

oh my goooooosh!

i am so jealous, i've been to malaysia during hari raya once and homgygod so much foooooooooooood!

that being said i just ate some of mama's fish curry with rice. yum!

Hello Sair. That means u have to come here again eh?

Aah the food. yeah Faz good la if ur gaining weight. I need to lose some. :rolleyes:

hey guys!

long time no seee,

how've you been lately?

Hey! Selamat Hari Raya to you and your family all the way at Aus!

You de-sigged me :(

Lol at your new sig though, I cant believe people actually post their "stuff" in that thread :stunned:

haha.. it's not about being cool. it's just that my 'concert' shoes are worn out already and i need a pair of good, comfy ones. so perhaps it's time that i get myself of pair of silver, no i mean black chucks hehe.. i would definitely wash my shoes if there's a stain on it.

i concur. i don't fancy it much, it's.. well, boring. i think i've mentioned this to Liz during the meet up that i have 2 or 3 more chapters to read but am just not interested to continue reading. think i stopped till the part where they were preparing to face the ancient vampire clan -- can't remember what they are called. the volturi?. and i love book 2 too! jacob is really funny! perhaps i should just finish it to know how it ends. lol

Oh.. yeah I used to wear my sports shoes as my 'concert shoes', and I realised that they were a bit too bulky. I look like as if i'm exercising instead of gigging when i wore them to Sunburst :LOL: damn malu. :$ so i begged my dad to get a pair of chucks for me. Yeah Chucks are like pretty ideal for gigging! another reason to get em, really :happy: go get them okay! then post a pic of them ahha. then i'll post a pic of mine =P

Well washing your chucks will also make the colour fade... which will also give out another kind of 'worn out' look to the shoes! I've seen faded chucks before. they look soooo vintage man. so nice ^__^

Oh.. you should continue reading! you'll get the biggest most ultimate letdown of your life man haha. Damn potong stim seriously. They build up the 'fight' against the Volturi so much and yet..... aih. i dont wanna reveal the spoiler :D just go read it k! haha. might as well just finish it la since you're only a few chapters away :) New Moon was okay la for me, Jacob was sweet then. In Eclipse... wah, he just pissed me off so bad :LOL: I think I have a love-hate relationship for Jacob la lol.

Jason said, "Thank you Singapore, we love you! We'll see you next time!" How cliche! The only original thing he said, I suppose, would be that little speech he gave before an impromptu song he did right when he came back for the encore. Jason folded his long sleeves and said, "I haven’t played this song for like two years. You guys wanna hear a song called Storm? Alright – if I mess it up, it’s all your fault!" The crowd cheered in unison before being absolutely silent to hear him sing!

Whoops. 12 chapters I mean. Heh. Apparently she gave the drafts to only like less than 5 people... the director for Twilight the movie, Robert Pattinson and a few of her editors (don't quote me on this however). I'm upset that she has halted writing that book indefinitely though. I would love to get inside of Edward's head I'm all about reading e-books actually! When I'm cut off from the internet, at least I still have a reason to spend time in front of my laptop. Lol.

haha I think everyone says that, "you've been great, we'll see you next time!" or something along those lines. I remember for my first rock gig, Linkin Park, they said "We'll see you next time" and my friends and I were like "OMGZ LINKIN PARK IZ COMING BACK OMG!" and all :LOL:. Aww Jason sounds like he has lotsa charisma :happy:

I'm listening to an acousticy version of Storm now, is that the earlier version?

Lol she's just merajuk-ing now. Give her time to cool off, hopefully she'll find Edward's voice again. Despite my sudden change in taste for the Twilight saga, i think i'll still buy Midnight Sun if it comes out :$ Seeing things from Edward's eyes really intrigues me. I wanna see what goes on with Edward during the New Moon period too! *curious*. Aww I dunno whey whenever I read e-books, my eyes get all red and stingy. Usually when i'm cut off from the internet.. I watch the old episodes of TV shows i downloaded haha :$

Even talked to three other girls there who were supposed to be WORKING at Fort Canning Park but instead they get to enjoy themselves with the company of Ash! (Later on, they were the ones that checked our tickets) This girl, Cindy, went "OH YEAH I LOVE MY JOB". Sigh. I would love to work for LAMC too. I'd influence them to bring The Killers/Dishwalla/Feeder/Pearl Jam to this region lol.

Aww, thanks <3 I totally know what you mean by not having enough time due to forums! Which explained why for the most part, prior to Sunburst, I was usually a lurker around here. But you guys were just too nice, it was impossible not to lurk only! If you dropped by the LH bsides forum a few months earlier, you would've seen my siggy with Matt in it, instead of the current Christian Bale one Actually we started that forum back in 2005 after a tiny 'accident' with our old message board, which I still dearly miss right now. I don't post as much as I do last time... Let's just say I practically spent my whole teenage years being a part of the LH community. I've grown so much since - even to the extent that sometimes... I don't exactly agree with what LH is doing as they venture into a newer, more mainstream market. which is why I suppose I am forever grateful to Lifehouse for, well, shaping who I am today. Safe to say, I guess if I wasn't involved in forums - I wouldn't even be around in this forum!

While we're at the topic of this though - I'm curious as to how you guys came upon posting around in this Muse message board and how it felt like when you found out that Muse would be playing MALAYSIA!? Now, here's an interesting story to listen :]

Omg I want Cindy's job!! What's her job exactly? She's a ticketing person?

Yeah I think I noticed you lurking around here a few times. and I also saw your Matt sig on the LH board! I dunno which board it was though. I googled your current muser sig to see where the quote was from, and instead I got the link to the LH board with your post and sig in it. hehe.

Well, for me, I was like reaaaaaally into Muse at one point in 2006, and I decided to join their newsletter thing with a friend of mine. He then told me that he joined the forum. At first I was like "what for? what goes on in there?", back then I wasnt really familliar with the concept of forums. But i joined anyway since he told me to. I joined right before I went out to celebrate our National Day Eve, hence the date :p

Anyway, then I started exploring the forum, strictly sticking to Main Muse areas only, and the International Areas. Back then there were 2 Malaysian Threads actually, I posted in both and vspirit replied to this one, and we all just started posting more and more about Muse. I explored Main Muse more... lurked PDT and PMT and other threads but i mainly posted in this thread of ours =)

Erm, long story short, joining the Muse board sorta became the catalyst for my obsession with Muse, which eventually died out and now I'm hardly obsessed with any band, but I'm really into a lot of bands. I've grown out of Main Muse and I now lurk the Non-Muse areas and I occasionally post there once in awhile, if I have anything to contribute.

As for finding out about Muse's gig, well er, I heard that they were coming to Singapore first and I went BALLISTIC la really, haha. I planned to go to Singapore with my friend, but eventually the plan sorta died since I was only 16 and my dad wouldnt let me travel so far away with just one friend only. So I opted for the Malaysian gig (instead of going for both :() and joined the small impromptu Muser meet up during the Early Bird sales at Sg Wang =D

I dont really remember how I reacted in the Muse gig, but my sister (I bumped into her at the gig lol) said I was absolutely nuts! She didnt think I was that er... 'hardcore'. lolol. I think I was only 'hardcore' to her because I kept telling her which song was which :LOL:

But yeah, my Muse gig experience was just so.. surreal to me. I still think about it nowadays and I still cant believe Muse stopped by our shores!

Okay I think I sorta lost the plot... so i'll just shut up now haha.

The board: Argh to my eternal shame and regret I didnt get to post here before Muse came. Went apeshit when discovered Muse were coming and there was a presale in Sg Wang, and then had to suppress all the crazy emotions inside. :( I thought I was alone, can you believe it? It would have been wonderful to have experience it with u guys...Not that my frenz werent cool but they dont even get why I went insane when Sunburn started, and why I was talking so much about Assassin etc....Still kicking myself after joining only on March 2007, such a loser la.

Lol i dunno why but I find the word 'apeshit' so funny :LOL:

haha I know how you feel, about being 'alone'. Thats probably the reason why I skipped on so many gigs this year, thats one of my biggest regrets. Kudos to you for still going for the Muse gig despite feeling alone really :D and no you're not a loser! at least you joined the board either way, better late than never right? :)

Liz, omg those Sunburst pictures :'( I had no idea Brandon played the guitar! Which song did he play it for? I was too hard behind to notice. Thats some gay shit right there :( I hated being behind. sigh.

*attempts to touch Brandon's lovely toned body on my computer screen*

Lol i dunno why but I find the word 'apeshit' so funny :LOL:

haha I know how you feel, about being 'alone'. Thats probably the reason why I skipped on so many gigs this year, thats one of my biggest regrets. Kudos to you for still going for the Muse gig despite feeling alone really :D and no you're not a loser! at least you joined the board either way, better late than never right? :)

Liz, omg those Sunburst pictures :'( I had no idea Brandon played the guitar! Which song did he play it for? I was too hard behind to notice. Thats some gay shit right there :( I hated being behind. sigh.

*attempts to touch Brandon's lovely toned body on my computer screen*

Aaaw thangks for understanding Deb :) We really need to reach out more to people with similar levels of fanaticism, I guess.

:LOL: so u got to touch or not? :p

I remember being :stunned: when he did that, right smack in front of me and Faz. We got silent for a few seconds, I was really enjoying the view :eyebrows:

woah Liz :eek: those are some seriously lethal pictures weh.. almost had a heart attack esp when seeing Brandon's topless i mean shirtless. :chuckle mike with his pipa <3 so, will u be posting the 12 pages Lifehouse + Ash gigs review here?

my Stanley Climbfall cassette broke yesterday..:'( i tried searching for the cd at rock corner sbg parade just now, but they only have Who We Are!!! seriously, Malaysian music stores suck. :mad: know where i can find LH's earlier cds anyone?

deb, i can't remember in which song Brandon was playing the guitar. was it pistola or something? he normally plays the guitar for that song.

miele, i wish i could go to bangkok with u gals, i seriously do! i'll have to wait till early november to know my schedule during the school hols. hopefully i'll be free during Bangkok Rock.

how i found this board is seriously an emo story haha... i don't think it's appropriate for me to share it with u guys. :LOL: but to make long story short, i joined this forum when i was searching for more info about Muse. saw a Malaysian thread, read it and found out Muse were coming to Singapore. i was so devastated that there was no news about 'em coming here back then. i tried my best to tag along Von to S'pore but it didn't materialized at the end. after i met Von, i became totally addicted to this forum for over a year, esp after meeting shannaz and adyla as well as deb and of course after meeting muse at the airport! this board changed my life! haha..i mean, i don't usually like meeting strangers before this, esp from the internet. but Von turned out to be super nice and so are the rest of u gals and Nut of course. so yeah.. i think, i'll remember this board and the people here for the rest of my life and Muse of course for being the most influential band for me ever! oh boy, sorry for being a bit emo now haha.. told ya that it's an emo story!! :$:LOL:

how i found this board is seriously an emo story haha... i don't think it's appropriate for me to share it with u guys. :LOL: but to make long story short, i joined this forum when i was searching for more info about Muse. saw a Malaysian thread, read it and found out Muse were coming to Singapore. i was so devastated that there was no news about 'em coming here back then. i tried my best to tag along Von to S'pore but it didn't materialized at the end. after i met Von, i became totally addicted to this forum for over a year, esp after meeting shannaz and adyla as well as deb and of course after meeting muse at the airport! this board changed my life! haha..i mean, i don't usually like meeting strangers before this, esp from the internet. but Von turned out to be super nice and so are the rest of u gals and Nut of course. so yeah.. i think, i'll remember this board and the people here for the rest of my life and Muse of course for being the most influential band for me ever! oh boy, sorry for being a bit emo now haha.. told ya that it's an emo story!! :$:LOL:

Aww, this board, and thread, definitely changed our lives :D

Loved reading that emo story Faz, waah so tersentuh hati la :D No need to malu one.

More emo stories bout ur origins on this board please ppl! :LOL:

Btw Faz the more certain plan is to go to Spore for Manics Nov 24th, bcoz it's overall easier to plan, especially for last minute plans. I cant confirm everyting until Nov 14 onwards as well since got trial, but if at the end circumstances permit let's go la ya?

Bangkok Rock tu is like a 'dream' backup plan, what with the volatile political situation and all, scared they will cancel again :(

ahh, bestnya ada reunion for malaysian muse fans...but i don't think i'll go coz...er...nothing la. so, is LH means lifehouse? erm, i think u'll get it from rock corner (i think that's the name of the store) at pertama complex next to SOGO. and also at mid valley at the top floor but i think if u can't find it anywhere, u can always pre-order it :rolleyes:...(sory, can't remember correctly the name of the store coz dah lama tak lepak there!!!:$)

Aww, this board, and thread, definitely changed our lives :D

:yesey:

Loved reading that emo story Faz, waah so tersentuh hati la :D No need to malu one.

More emo stories bout ur origins on this board please ppl! :LOL:

Btw Faz the more certain plan is to go to Spore for Manics Nov 24th, bcoz it's overall easier to plan, especially for last minute plans. I cant confirm everyting until Nov 14 onwards as well since got trial, but if at the end circumstances permit let's go la ya?

Bangkok Rock tu is like a 'dream' backup plan, what with the volatile political situation and all, scared they will cancel again :(

24th is a monday and there are spm papers on that day so i can safely say that i can't go.:( gah.. am not really a fan of manics but i reaaaaaaally wanna go to singapore. i just dunno why..perhaps i need to check out the roads that were used as the F1 night race track and visit the famous Fort Canning Park :LOL: sorry. i am weird haha..

yeah la.. bangkok is not very stabil now but that place is so cool! i would love to go there again. :D

ahh, bestnya ada reunion for malaysian muse fans...but i don't think i'll go coz...er...nothing la. so, is LH means lifehouse? erm, i think u'll get it from rock corner (i think that's the name of the store) at pertama complex next to SOGO. and also at mid valley at the top floor but i think if u can't find it anywhere, u can always pre-order it :rolleyes:...(sory, can't remember correctly the name of the store coz dah lama tak lepak there!!!:$)

oh yeah.. i haven't been to Pertama Complex for ages! i doubt the store is rock corner btw coz i used to go there all the time. but thanks a lot for reminding me about that store. i didn't know u could pre-order old albums, thought it was only for new albums heh..

on other note, four awesome tennis players, including FEDERER!!! are coming to town come Nov 18th at Bkt Jalil. anyone interested to go? it has been a dream a mine to see John McEnroe in action though he may not as fit as he used to haha.. but Federer, Blake, McEnroe and Borg.. i'll die if i miss this one! but the tickets are so expensive!!!

Edited by crazy_mary

Yup 24th is a Monday. It's ok then.

Anyway, I thought you may like Manics, Faz, if you observe their lyrics. They are poetic.

Try to sample A Design For Life or Motorcycle Emptiness maybe?

I also would like to recommend Travis' new album - Ode to J Smith.

You can also sample it here

While on the topic of the board, I landed here becos I couldn't get enough of the KL Muse gig, I was searching for more pics, the setlist, videos, gig review etc. My join date was a day after the gig.

And I'm still hanging around here becos I've made friends with some cool people here ;)

Edited by weresodisco

Alamak Faz, sedihla plak, sorry la bout SPM. ???

Also sedihla with budget contraints, it'd be great la to experience pro tennis for the first time. With cool company / Federer fanatic plak tu.

Aida, love all ur suggestions, am listening to Travis rite now.

Heya Hannara, apa khabaq?

Talking bout Muser reunions, anyone wanna join me for a free gig this Saturday? Its @ Bkt Jalil from efternoon till night. I'm going probably 5pm onwards to catch, Couple, Pilgrims, Republic of brickfields and the co-headliner: Butterfingers.

Faz if u come I can finally pass u that Kembali cd. That's not a bribe la :LOL:

Here are the details of the gig:

http://www.junkonline.net/articles/658-KAMI-The-Concert--Bukit-Jalil-KL-18-Oct#comment_1776

Edited by miele

Yup 24th is a Monday. It's ok then.

Anyway, I thought you may like Manics, Faz, if you observe their lyrics. They are poetic.

Try to sample A Design For Life or Motorcycle Emptiness maybe?

I also would like to recommend Travis' new album - Ode to J Smith.

You can also sample it here

While on the topic of the board, I landed here becos I couldn't get enough of the KL Muse gig, I was searching for more pics, the setlist, videos, gig review etc. My join date was a day after the gig.

And I'm still hanging around here becos I've made friends with some cool people here ;)

perhaps i should try to listen to manic.. and observe their lyrics. am a sucker when it comes to studying song lyrics. i tend to personalise 'em all according to my needs and moods.

thanks for the link. currently listening to Quite Free.:happy:

Alamak Faz, sedihla plak, sorry la bout SPM. ???

Also sedihla with budget contraints, it'd be great la to experience pro tennis for the first time. With cool company / Federer fanatic plak tu.

Aida, love all ur suggestions, am listening to Travis rite now.

Heya Hannara, apa khabaq?

Talking bout Muser reunions, anyone wanna join me for a free gig this Saturday? Its @ Bkt Jalil from efternoon till night. I'm going probably 5pm onwards to catch, Couple, Pilgrims, Republic of brickfields and the co-headliner: Butterfingers.

Faz if u come I can finally pass u that Kembali cd. That's not a bribe la :LOL:

Here are the details of the gig:

http://www.junkonline.net/articles/658-KAMI-The-Concert--Bukit-Jalil-KL-18-Oct#comment_1776

the tickets are expensive ek? dunno if i can go or not to see Federer :( maybe i should just go stalk him at the airport..

see you at bkt jalil tomorrow then. don't forget to bring the cd now..:p

walau, you guys, can so slumber just go for a random impromptu gig at Bukit Jalil tomorrow only :LOL:

Aaaw thangks for understanding Deb :) We really need to reach out more to people with similar levels of fanaticism, I guess.

:LOL: so u got to touch or not? :p

I remember being :stunned: when he did that, right smack in front of me and Faz. We got silent for a few seconds, I was really enjoying the view :eyebrows:

haha yeah we do, it sucks sometimes to have friends who arent on the same 'frequency' as you when it comes to stuff like music. damn tak syok sometimes :(

lol i left a bunch of fingerprints on my desktop la :LOL::$ whyyyy is he so hooot.

mmm I remember when he was doing his djembe solo during Sick Sad Little World.. can see his sexy back. fuyoh. *fans self* i kept staring and standing on my tippy toes just to get a clearer view :LOL: *reminisces*