my mum is malaysian :LOL:

and im learning so i can talk to Opah and Tok, because they can only say yes and no in english. It's so cute!

If all my rellies couldnt speak english i woulda learned a long time ago, but too bad!

Haha thankyou very much!

Oh and on another subject, have you seen Steven Chow?

My cousin recommended it, but i've never watched it hahaah!

Ahahaha wow Sair has an Opah and Tok! :D Which part of M'sia is ur mum from?

I think you mean Stephen Chow? I LOVE HIMM ahahah. I highly recommend watching Shaolin Soccer. ;)

LOL i saw this couple at Mid Valley once, the girl was wearing bright yellow skinnies and her boyfriend was wearing bright red skinnies. i actually took a picture of them :$ without them knowing of course. i feel like the paparazzi :LOL:

I STILL WANNA GET SILVER CONVERSE! :mad:

I WANT SILVER CHUCKS TOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think you mean Stephen Chow? I LOVE HIMM ahahah. I highly recommend watching Shaolin Soccer. ;)

Yes I do :LOL:

I can't really remember :$

Yes haha!

ahhhh, ok :chuckle

I want silver chucks cos Murph from the wombats has a pair -drool-

and i touched them

:LOL: Awww.... Your Opah and Tok sounds very cute :chuckle

Yup.... I think every Malaysian have seen Steven Chow's movie before. You should watch it. :D His jokes are those that are too exergerated and lame-funny. It is very funny :D

yes they are!

But Tok is having a bit of health problems at the moment.

Hehe, my cousin Nurliyana recommended them haha!

I have no idea what Opah and Tok is :$ i'm assuming they're grandparents right? like Nenek and Datuk? ehehe :$

Stephen Chow or Steven Chow? the Hong Kong dude right? who made that CJ7movie? and Kung Fu Hustle? or is it another dude i dont know? :$

Yep :D

All those shows are made by him.... You never seen his movie before? :eek:

yes they are!

Awww.... I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your tok is getting well soon =)

:LOL: They are funny. Try watching one of it first :D

Yes I do :LOL:

I can't really remember :$

Yes haha!

ahhhh, ok :chuckle

I want silver chucks cos Murph from the wombats has a pair -drool-

and i touched them

Ahahaha cool cool :happy:

yes they are!

Awh, hope he'll be awight!

I want silver chucks! YEAH CHUCKS. i forgot they were called chucks there. lol

i want silver chucks because Dom has them!!

... but you all knew that already :$:D

Yep :D

All those shows are made by him.... You never seen his movie before? :eek:

Yeah Stephen Chow's shows are really funny. the only 2 i really enjoyed were Kung Fu Hustle and a really old one.. i think it was called 300 Million Dollar Man or something.

Those were REAAALLY funny :LOL:

ooohh.. i want silver chucks too! haha...but i guess am just too old for it lol. i saw a pair at a converse shop and went like "OMG DOM'S SHOES! i must buy 'em!" :eek: but my friend kinda stopped me from buying 'em when she said that not every silver converse are dom's shoes. :rolleyes:plus silver converse would just look so weird on my big feet. lol.. am sorry but why is it called chucks?

hello Sair! Hope ur Tok will be alrite. i think calling ur grandparents Tok and Opah is sooo adorable. perhaps i should call my Wan Opah too.. lol. am sure she'll think i've lost my mind when i suddenly call her Opah.i like messing with my grandma.. hehehe..

Stephen Chow rocks! haha.. i love him. i think his old movies are better. he's in Back To School too rite? i Love Shaolin Soccer.

and miele, thanks for those soccer links. loved the fabregas and villa picture there.. and sergio ramos shirtless! :eek: *fans self*

to our very own Matt hugger!:p:D

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SHANNAZ!!

P1011185.jpg

aww.. u two look so cute together!

Edited by crazy_mary

ooohh.. i want silver chucks too! haha...but i guess am just too old for it lol. i saw a pair at a converse shop and went like "OMG DOM'S SHOES! i must buy 'em!" :eek: but my friend kinda stopped me from buying 'em when she said that not every silver converse are dom's shoes. :rolleyes:plus silver converse would just look so weird on my big feet. lol.. am sorry but why is it called chucks?

"Chuck Taylor All-Stars, also referred to as "Chucks,"[1] or Converse All-Stars are canvas and rubber shoes produced by Converse. They were first produced in 1917 as the "All-Star," Converse's attempt to capture the basketball shoe market. They were not particularly popular until basketball player Chuck Taylor adopted them as his preferred shoe. He was impressed with the design so he became the shoe's leading salesman. After proposing a few changes to the shoe, the shoe got its current name and Chuck Taylor's signature on its ankle patch."

You must love Wiki. You must love Wiki. You must love Wiki.

Stephen Chow rocks! haha.. i love him. i think his old movies are better. he's in Back To School too rite? i Love Shaolin Soccer.

to our very own Matt hugger!:p:D

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SHANNAZ!!

P1011185.jpg

aww.. u two look so cute together!

OMG SERIOUS? you saw a real pair of silver chucks? i thought those were like only custom made for Dom himself! :eek: I WANT.

wow i've never actually watched Shaolin Soccer :$ was never a huge fan of chinese movies. only becuase i'm too lazy to read the subtitles :$

i'm still so jealous of that picture! :'(

"Chuck Taylor All-Stars, also referred to as "Chucks,"[1] or Converse All-Stars are canvas and rubber shoes produced by Converse. They were first produced in 1917 as the "All-Star," Converse's attempt to capture the basketball shoe market. They were not particularly popular until basketball player Chuck Taylor adopted them as his preferred shoe. He was impressed with the design so he became the shoe's leading salesman. After proposing a few changes to the shoe, the shoe got its current name and Chuck Taylor's signature on its ankle patch."

You must love Wiki. You must love Wiki. You must love Wiki.

I love Wiki. I love Wiki. I love Wiki.

Happy Belated Birthday Shannaz

Sori i wasnt around, id u have a good one? :D

Deb, yeah la, I dont know where the phrase comes from from. Historically if u remember Mat Salleh is a freedom fighter from Sabah but apa kena mengena dengan Caucasians? :LOL:

Btw, as always u look smashing luv.

Faz and Nut, regrettably it must be said, I cannot go to Spore Singfest time. Have to play futsal for the Prosecution Division, wouldja believe it :p

Nut, if u go please take lotsa photos record Travis for us please..............and so sorry for the non-event, it would have been awesome hanging out with the coolest local around ;)

lol...thanx! i havent seen that pix posted for a while! :D

you're most welcome. since u're working with fly fm, can get free passes to MAA ar?

I just thought of something.

does anyone know why 'mat salleh's are called mat sallehs? :confused: why were they given the name mat salleh anyway?

good question. perhaps u can write an assignment on this one. make a research and let us know. hehe.. but yeah shame on us malaysians for not knowing our history that much eh? and speaking of history, i hate our country's politics right now. it's got to a point where it's bloody ridiculous since this issue about Anwar Ibrahim came out. and like right now my whole family is watching this debate that they're showing on channel 9. it's seriously is stupid imo. a lot of people like to bash the government and think the recent election is an excellent result that will help to make us a better nation. but look at us now. both the govt and the opposition are like bickering and fighting to have the power and rule our country that in the end we are suffering. prices are still going up and i wonder how Anwar's gonna reduce our oil price? :rolleyes: it's easy to talk and promise things. for me actions always speak louder than words. haaaiiiihhh.. why can't they just get along? :mad: sorry for the rant but am just bloody annoyed with our leaders right now :(

Happy Belated Birthday Shannaz

Sori i wasnt around, id u have a good one? :D

Deb, yeah la, I dont know where the phrase comes from from. Historically if u remember Mat Salleh is a freedom fighter from Sabah but apa kena mengena dengan Caucasians? :LOL:

Faz and Nut, regrettably it must be said, I cannot go to Spore Singfest time. Have to play futsal for the Prosecution Division, wouldja believe it :p

Nut, if u go please take lotsa photos record Travis for us please..............and so sorry for the non-event, it would have been awesome hanging out with the coolest local around ;)

yeah.. it's kinda sad not being able to go. would've been awesome to get to see u guys again.:(

am gonna watch The Dark Knight this weekend! woot!!

Edited by crazy_mary

Was it for Sabah? i know he was a hero, but i forgot for which state :$ yeah exactly, why do we call caucasians Mat Salleh la? :confused: weird. maybe we should do some extensive research! haha.

aww shucks, thanks :$

I wish i could go to Singfest :(

good question. perhaps u can write an assignment on this one. make a research and let us know. hehe.. but yeah shame on us malaysians for not knowing our history that much eh? and speaking of history, i hate our country's politics right now. it's got to a point where it's bloody ridiculous since this issue about Anwar Ibrahim came out. and like right now my whole family is watching this debate that they're showing on channel 9. it's seriously is stupid imo. a lot of people like to bash the government and think the recent election is an excellent result that will help to make us a better nation. but look at us now. both the govt and the opposition are like bickering and fighting to have the power and rule our country that in the end we are suffering. prices are still going up and i wonder how Anwar's gonna reduce our oil price? :rolleyes: it's easy to talk and promise things. for me actions always speak louder than words. haaaiiiihhh.. why can't they just get along? :mad: sorry for the rant but am just bloody annoyed with our leaders right now :(

yeah.. it's kinda sad not being able to go. would've been awesome to get to see u guys again.:(

am gonna watch The Dark Knight this weekend! woot!!

Wooh I wanna watch The Dark Knight!! cant wait :D Heath Ledger is gonna be sooo goooood.

yeah my parents were watching the debate thing too. though i honestly have no idea what's going on with Malaysia's politics right now :$

Shannaz: didnt know u worked at Fly Fm! I listen every morning. Did the Fly folks do anything nice for ur bday? Btw, any tips for the win the car contest? :LOL: Joking lah.

Singfest: Siiiiiiiiiiigh. betul la tu Faz.

Mat Salleh: pls do tell us the answer deb, am curious now.

Dark Knight: yeah, I'm getting very excited after hearing Gary Oldman and Michael Caine praising Heath Ledger's acting to the heavens even before he died. Gila otai actors puji dia tuh!

Muse: I read here: http://www.gigwise.com/news/44056/guns-n-roses-nirvana-muse-best-cover-stars-of-all-time that Feeling Good was the 5th best cover version ever. The top four: Jimi Hendrix,Nirvana and the Beatles. Awesome company huh? Bet Matt would be happy. :)

Worst cover version ever? Celine Dion, of ACDC's 'You shook me all night long'. :LOL:

:LOL: Yah.... Never thought much about the Mat Salleh word last time till I saw it in history book about the Mat Salleh from Sabah. And now that Debbie has brought it up, I wonder why they call the caucasian whites :erm:

:yesey: Debbie always look smashing

Aww... But I thought fly would have a few tickets as well. Nevermind, we send in a "fix it" entry :p:LOL:

Ah... Did you all know mix fm is giving out Singfest tickets in a contest? And you can even get to meet Jason Mraz and Alicia Keys

And why is all the good stuff is on Aug 2? Even Stephanie Meyers new book, breaking dawn is also out in Aug 2(but i think in Malaysia it might be on Aug 4....)

Oh ya, one more thing... Steven Chow movie is nice to see especially those old one where they always show in TV2 or TV3 or ntv7 :chuckle

Edited by DMHLover

Shannaz: didnt know u worked at Fly Fm! I listen every morning. Did the Fly folks do anything nice for ur bday? Btw, any tips for the win the car contest? Joking lah.

Singfest: Siiiiiiiiiiigh. betul la tu Faz.

Mat Salleh: pls do tell us the answer deb, am curious now.

Dark Knight: yeah, I'm getting very excited after hearing Gary Oldman and Michael Caine praising Heath Ledger's acting to the heavens even before he died. Gila otai actors puji dia tuh!

Muse: I read here: http://www.gigwise.com/news/44056/guns-n-roses-nirvana-muse-best-cover-stars-of-all-time that Feeling Good was the 5th best cover version ever. The top four: Jimi Hendrix,Nirvana and the Beatles. Awesome company huh? Bet Matt would be happy.

Worst cover version ever? Celine Dion, of ACDC's 'You shook me all night long'.

Okay i googled "Mat Salleh Caucasian"

and i got lotsa blogposts talking about how Mat Salleh came from the word 'Mad Sailor'. apparently, back in the old days when there were lotsa caucasian males (they were mostly Sailors) in M'sian pelabuhans, all doing perdagangan and stuff, the sailors were usually drunk, partying non stop, etc etc. so when the locals see these sailors, they were always drunk, acting wild and crazy and stuff. the other Englishmen referred to these sailors as "Mad Sailors", and the locals had pronunciation problems, so they said it as "Mat Salleh".

So.. maybe the Sabah hero Mat Salleh was named after "Mat Salleh", and not the other way round? haha.

source: http://kyspeaks.com/2005/02/23/mat-salleh/

Oh, apparently now, Mat Salleh might be named after a man called 'Mud Sulley' who apparently pissed off the Sultan of Selangor.

and apparently, 'Minah Salleh' is from 'Minor Sailor'.

source: http://bleargh.net/index.php/2008/04/21/origin-of-mat-salleh/

pretty interesting stuff :happy:

yeah Heath Ledger is memang a very good actor wan la. he acted in Brokeback Mountain man! :eek: and he was really devoted to playing the Joker. my friend told me this, apparently he locked himself up alone in a hotel room for 3 months just to try and 'understand' how to be the Joker, or how to be insane or something. he's just so dedicated la :happy:

it's so tragic that he's dead now :(

Woohoo! go Muse :D:musesign:

Yah.... Never thought much about the Mat Salleh word last time till I saw it in history book about the Mat Salleh from Sabah. And now that Debbie has brought it up, I wonder why they call the caucasian whites

Debbie always look smashing

Aww... But I thought fly would have a few tickets as well. Nevermind, we send in a "fix it" entry

Ah... Did you all know mix fm is giving out Singfest tickets in a contest? And you can even get to meet Jason Mraz and Alicia Keys

And why is all the good stuff is on Aug 2? Even Stephanie Meyers new book, breaking dawn is also out in Aug 2(but i think in Malaysia it might be on Aug 4....)

Oh ya, one more thing... Steven Chow movie is nice to see especially those old one where they always show in TV2 or TV3 or ntv7 :chuckle

aww thanks :$

yeah my friend suggested that we try the Fly.fm's fix it thing to try and get tickets for the MAA! might be worth a shot la actually. i'm sure Fly.fm has sources and connections to be able to get tickets :happy:

i think mix.fm is only giving tickets for the Sunday show though :( not saturday's one. meh oh well.

woohoo Breaking Dawn :D is it possible to pre-order it here?

ZOMG its Tyson Ritter, and Nick Wheeler on your sig! :happy::happy::happy: i love AAR.

did you know there's someone on the board who looks soo much like Tyson Ritter? :eek: its incredible.

and speaking of history, i hate our country's politics right now. it's got to a point where it's bloody ridiculous since this issue about Anwar Ibrahim came out. and like right now my whole family is watching this debate that they're showing on channel 9. it's seriously is stupid imo. a lot of people like to bash the government and think the recent election is an excellent result that will help to make us a better nation. but look at us now. both the govt and the opposition are like bickering and fighting to have the power and rule our country that in the end we are suffering. prices are still going up and i wonder how Anwar's gonna reduce our oil price? :rolleyes: it's easy to talk and promise things. for me actions always speak louder than words. haaaiiiihhh.. why can't they just get along? :mad: sorry for the rant but am just bloody annoyed with our leaders right now :(

Yah... It so boring and annoying! :mad: Ever since when the annouce the general election is going to start soon, I've already stop reading the main section of the STAR newspaper. Everyday and everything is about politics only. Boring sial

Lol... All the stupid bloody politics and their tricks :rolleyes:

Okay i googled "Mat Salleh Caucasian"

and i got lotsa blogposts talking about how Mat Salleh came from the word 'Mad Sailor'. apparently, back in the old days when there were lotsa caucasian males (they were mostly Sailors) in M'sian pelabuhans, all doing perdagangan and stuff, the sailors were usually drunk, partying non stop, etc etc. so when the locals see these sailors, they were always drunk, acting wild and crazy and stuff. the other Englishmen referred to these sailors as "Mad Sailors", and the locals had pronunciation problems, so they said it as "Mat Salleh".

So.. maybe the Sabah hero Mat Salleh was named after "Mat Salleh", and not the other way round? haha.

source: http://kyspeaks.com/2005/02/23/mat-salleh/

Oh, apparently now, Mat Salleh might be named after a man called 'Mud Sulley' who apparently pissed off the Sultan of Selangor.

and apparently, 'Minah Salleh' is from 'Minor Sailor'.

source: http://bleargh.net/index.php/2008/04/21/origin-of-mat-salleh/

pretty interesting stuff

aww thanks

yeah my friend suggested that we try the Fly.fm's fix it thing to try and get tickets for the MAA! might be worth a shot la actually. i'm sure Fly.fm has sources and connections to be able to get tickets

i think mix.fm is only giving tickets for the Sunday show though not saturday's one. meh oh well.

woohoo Breaking Dawn :D is it possible to pre-order it here?

ZOMG its Tyson Ritter, and Nick Wheeler on your sig! :happy::happy::happy: i love AAR.

did you know there's someone on the board who looks soo much like Tyson Ritter? :eek: its incredible.

:eek: Wow.... Woot! Great research... I don't think I have evn half of your patience to find out about this :p Lol... When the history is not written doen, it get a bit confusing :erm: Thanks on the info dear. You did a great job :kiss:

Hehe.... Maybe fly fm will do that if we are lucky :rolleyes: :chuckle Hmm... you couldn't make it on Sunday? for mix fm

Hmmm.... I dunno whether can we pre-order it or not because I saw the release date in Stephanie Meyer's website...

:LOL: Nick Wheeler and Tyson Ritter is hot! Tyson look hot especially in swing swing and it ends tonight :happy:

:eek::eek: WHO LOOKS LIKE TYSON RITTER IN THE BOARD?!!!!!!!!!!!!!