Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

Okay fellow Musers (particularly those in England) I need your help-I am freaking out:( lol

I just bought tickets to this event(which I am very excited about:D). I will be arriving in London for the first time on Sept. 2 and I have orientation on Sept. 3. I have no idea how to get to LCCC from London. Can anybody help? Also, will it be possible for me to go back to London after the concert without booking a hotel -or will no public transport be running? Thanks!!!

Okay fellow Musers (particularly those in England) I need your help-I am freaking out:( lol

I just bought tickets to this event(which I am very excited about:D). I will be arriving in London for the first time on Sept. 2 and I have orientation on Sept. 3. I have no idea how to get to LCCC from London. Can anybody help? Also, will it be possible for me to go back to London after the concert without booking a hotel -or will no public transport be running? Thanks!!!

You'd have to get to Manchester first, either by train or by coach or plane. From the train station/coach station/airport then you could get a taxi to the stadium. I'm not sure about trains/coaches/flights running from Manchester to London after the gig though. Really doubt trains will be running at that time. You could stay in a travelodge or something, I think they're quite cheap.

Are you going to stay in London or Manchester on the 3rd? And what's your orientation for? The train takes just over two hours from Euston station, earliest on Sunday (at the moment, can't see it changing much though) is 8am-ish so you'd be hanging around in Manchester overnight. The coach takes somewhere between 4&1/2 and 6hrs-ish depending on the route and time of day, the current timetable shows departures from Manchester to London at 1.30am and 3.55am (that one has a change at Birmingham, think I'd avoid) so that might be a reasonable option. Do you have a UK address you could have tickets sent to?

Are you going to stay in London or Manchester on the 3rd? And what's your orientation for? The train takes just over two hours from Euston station, earliest on Sunday (at the moment, can't see it changing much though) is 8am-ish so you'd be hanging around in Manchester overnight. The coach takes somewhere between 4&1/2 and 6hrs-ish depending on the route and time of day, the current timetable shows departures from Manchester to London at 1.30am and 3.55am (that one has a change at Birmingham, think I'd avoid) so that might be a reasonable option. Do you have a UK address you could have tickets sent to?

Ok your info is way better :p

Ok your info is way better :p

The power of the internet and the boredom to go searching, lol

ETA if I had somewhere to stay in London I'd get the train up on Saturday morning and the coach back on Sunday in the small hours, unless I was staying in Manchester for any post-gig Sunday lunchtime meetery, in which case I'd go with the travelodge/premier inn thing.

Thanks for the info! My orientation is for college because I am studying abroad fall semester so I will be in London on the 3rd. I don't have a UK address so I unfortunately have to pick the tickets up from the box office. I will take the train up on Saturday and I suppose take the coach back at 1:30 if possible. I can't find info like this lol-I don't quite understand all the public transport in London it's so confusing-I just drive everywhere at home:( Can I ask which sites you got this info from? Thanks!

Thanks for the info! My orientation is for college because I am studying abroad fall semester so I will be in London on the 3rd. I don't have a UK address so I unfortunately have to pick the tickets up from the box office. I will take the train up on Saturday and I suppose take the coach back at 1:30 if possible. I can't find info like this lol-I don't quite understand all the public transport in London it's so confusing-I just drive everywhere at home:( Can I ask which sites you got this info from? Thanks!

The website for all UK rail information is http://www.nationalrail.co.uk, though there may be special offers on the individual train operator companies' websites (there should be links from nationalrail when you go through the search options to the individual routes) The coach info was from http://www.nationalexpress.com Can your college in London provide a postal address for booking the travel tickets? It will be MUCH MUCH cheaper if you can book in advance.

The website for all UK rail information is http://www.nationalrail.co.uk, though there may be special offers on the individual train operator companies' websites (there should be links from nationalrail when you go through the search options to the individual routes) The coach info was from http://www.nationalexpress.com Can your college in London provide a postal address for booking the travel tickets? It will be MUCH MUCH cheaper if you can book in advance.

Spot on with info Trog.

Spot on with info Trog.

:) btdt type of stuff when there wasn't internet... when it meant thumbing through the coach and train timetable BOOKS in the ticket offices. With my mum, when she didn't get 24hr clock and I did. Fun times!

Thank you so much for your help! It seems that I can actually print the tickets out for the train and the coach so I don't need to have an address and I can buy them in advance. Again, thanks!:D

Apparently doors open at 4pm, is this correct?

haven't really heard anything about the start time...buuut wembley opened its gate around 3ish last time, so that sounds about right...

does anyone know if its going to be just standing at this gig? i can't really imagine what the layout will be like... anyone been to a gig at the LCCC before?

haven't really heard anything about the start time...buuut wembley opened its gate around 3ish last time, so that sounds about right...

does anyone know if its going to be just standing at this gig? i can't really imagine what the layout will be like... anyone been to a gig at the LCCC before?

I have never been there but I think it is all general admission

Archived