I just recalled a book at the library for the first time in my seven years at uni. I feel dirty.

I've never wanted to do that to the people who have the books, but this time there's really no choice. Five of the books I've read for the dissertation have referenced this book, and it's due back at the library a couple of days after my dissertation deadline, so I can't wait for that.

Michelle with regards to Lost -- think it's all about the DVD release (gotta make more money) as there's a mini episode about Hurley and Ben.

Ah right, of course :rolleyes: I'll have to try get it one day without having to get the whole boxset :shifty:

Here's one low-quality picture from last night. I had this same expression on my face for quite a large portion of the evening, much to my sister's delight.

nx13s6.jpg

:chuckle: That face does show you had an interesting night!

Whatever you do, Angus, don't do Pharmacy! I'm thinking of not doing my internship next year and studying Teaching instead. I hear they need Chemistry teachers...

How is everyone? Good luck for your dissertation, Rich, I'm doing one this year in a group (thank goodness) and it's interesting but lots of work so all the best with yours :) Who's watching the football tonight?!?!?!

My sister is a pharmacist, has been practicing for like 5 years and hates it so much. But it seems not enough to quit which might help her return to some sanity.

I'm watching the game with a couple of Italian friends in a pub in Kings Cross. It's the afternoon for me! Then going to do a Sunday roast.

How is everyone? Good luck for your dissertation, Rich, I'm doing one this year in a group (thank goodness) and it's interesting but lots of work so all the best with yours :) Who's watching the football tonight?!?!?!

Thanks! Good luck for yours too. :) Are you making good progress?

I'll probably watch it. I'm such a bandwagoner! :rolleyes: But Royal Ascot messed up my sleeping patterns last week, so I'm sure to be awake when the game is on anyway. Might as well watch it, instead of being bored in bed!

And we could have won, too, if that Chris Wood shot had been 20cm to the left and if the referee didn't keep falling for the Italians' theatrics.

Although you do have to admit our goal was a bit dubious too.

And we could have won, too, if that Chris Wood shot had been 20cm to the left and if the referee didn't keep falling for the Italians' theatrics.

Although you do have to admit our goal was a bit dubious too.

It was just extremely lucky that the ball reflected off the Italian defenders before it reached Smeltz.

And Wood's shot! Agh that was tense!

Had a bit of video cassette drama at work on Sunday. The tape stopped playing, and when I ejected it, it was everywhere!

But there was no choice - I had to fix it. The show was Dancing On Ice, so if this convenient technical issue had prevented me from doing the captions for it, it would have led to strong suspicion that I had deliberately sabotaged the tape. It's the show we all hate doing.

:LOL:

Nicely done.

My workmate just said something unintentionally hilarious. We were speculating on whether there's a technical issue with the captions on TV1 at the moment, and I suggested that if there were, people would ring up. But she pointed out that it may not have been a problem for long enough yet and that "they're probably all still banging their remotes." :chuckle:

Edited by _Ed_