So how are you guys?

Good, I had a day that reminds me why I love my job. Got to ride in the back of an ambulance with the lights and sirens going, went to Auckland hospital.

And when I got back to work I got to do some cool cases so it was a good day.

I'm going to my old intermediate school tonight to see the school jazz band :D

Is it a lemur?

My sister sent me amazing cupcakes. I was at another branch about 10 minute from mine for the morning and they got sent to my normal branch and I got an email "Something perishable has just been delivered - do you want it in the fridge?" I'll post some photos later. But that was nice of her. Made my day. Yesterday sucked, took my car to get a warrant and it failed so I spent $200 getting it to pass THEN they forget to retest it and I only noticed it when I had left the place. But the good thing was I could drive to work and park it there free all today as it was pissing with rain this morning.

I also got a crazy dress and petticoat in the mail. :awesome:

Good to hear you had a good day!

Which intermediate is that? I don't think mine even had a jazz band.

Murrays Bay Intermediate =)

They have a 15 piece big band, I was in it a loooooong time ago hahah. They are awesome, especially since they are only 11 and 12 year olds.

Is it a lemur?

My sister sent me amazing cupcakes. I was at another branch about 10 minute from mine for the morning and they got sent to my normal branch and I got an email "Something perishable has just been delivered - do you want it in the fridge?" I'll post some photos later. But that was nice of her. Made my day. Yesterday sucked, took my car to get a warrant and it failed so I spent $200 getting it to pass THEN they forget to retest it and I only noticed it when I had left the place. But the good thing was I could drive to work and park it there free all today as it was pissing with rain this morning.

I also got a crazy dress and petticoat in the mail. :awesome:

I thought lemur, but that's not a primate is it?

Awesome about the cup cakes, I can't wait to see them! Did she make them or order them?

Stink about the car, I just had to buy more road user charges for mine, and I haven't been the one driving it! Bah!

Dress pics tooooooo please!

Murrays Bay Intermediate =)

They have a 15 piece big band, I was in it a loooooong time ago hahah. They are awesome, especially since they are only 11 and 12 year olds.

Yeah, exactly. I remember being impressed by my high school jazz band, but intermediate is even more amazing.

Those cupcakes look fabulous.

just checked them out on the website: http://www.denheath.co.nz/product/182/KiddiesCupCakesPackOf10.boss

my sister has money to burn!

Fricking heeeeck :stunned:

I'M SO OVER THIS COLD. I WAS ON MY WAY TO GETTING BETTER AND NOW I'M BACK TO RUNNY NOSE AND NEEDING A TISSUE EVERY TWO SECONDS OMGWTFBBQ. I HATE THIS. I NEED TO BE BETTER TOMORROW FOR PRESENTATION. I DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO LOOK AT ME ALL GROSSED OUT MY BY RED NOSE AND ZONED OUT EXPRESSION. I HAVE PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME. CAPS LOCKS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT CAN EXPRESS MY RAGE.

Yeah coming up to exam time is the worst time to be sick. Even worse if you've got your birthday too - it's like that for me sometimes. My birthday's always at the end of first semester exam time and I'm sometimes sick then. Sucks!

I've never found medicine things that really work.

Yeah I probably will go into the dairy or the New World on my way up there, just to help me survive until I get my dinner at 11ish.

Anyway, how was your day, Michelle?

That's ood you can get something then.

Ugh, I'm still trying to get through reading papers to write my essay, which is due tomorrow...

Michelle, I think I recognise what that animal is but I don't know what they're called! :LOL:

Is it a lemur?

Yeah, it's a black and white ruffed lemur.

I thought lemur, but that's not a primate is it?

They are primates. They apparently have the second loudest call, Howler monkey's being first.

And those cupcakes! :eek: They are awesome, would certainly brighten up your day :happy:

Hope you feel better by tomorrow Kitty!

just checked them out on the website: http://www.denheath.co.nz/product/182/KiddiesCupCakesPackOf10.boss

my sister has money to burn!

WOAH! They are EPIC! The best idea ever! Ouch at the price though!

I got better for a while but a few days ago it came back and now I'm worse than before. Got to be well before exams, and its my birthday soon. Plus I'm supposed to be doing stuff in the next week and such. :( And my mum keeps trying to get me to take medicines and stuff that don't work. GAAAAAAH I'm going nuts

That succccks! GET WELL SOOOOON! Loads of vit C if you are not doing it already and keep warm.

I have just realised that my exam is on the 2nd, and I haven't even thought about studying for it. Whoops!

That's ood you can get something then.

Ugh, I'm still trying to get through reading papers to write my essay, which is due tomorrow...

Yeah, it's a black and white ruffed lemur.

They are primates. They apparently have the second loudest call, Howler monkey's being first.

And those cupcakes! :eek: They are awesome, would certainly brighten up your day :happy:

Hope you feel better by tomorrow Kitty!

Man I feel so ignorant, I know nothing about animals. I'm not sure what I thought lemurs were, but I had no idea they were primates!

This place is so educating!

yeah my sister is awesome. i said i wasn't enjoying my new work so she sent them to cheer me up. she sent some to my mum last week for her wedding anniversary. last year i said i was sad about my birthday being pretty average and she sent me flowers to my work anonymously. it said "roses are red, violets are blue, these flowers smell and so do you." i knew it was her from that as we used to (acutally still do) tell each we smell. on the cupcake card she wrote "CHEER UP CHARLIE!" and the quote from Willy Wonka "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker." :happy:

i can't find out what the monkeys or perhaps orangutans that are orana park are. they are SO loud.

yeah my sister is awesome. i said i wasn't enjoying my new work so she sent them to cheer me up. she sent some to my mum last week for her wedding anniversary. last year i said i was sad about my birthday being pretty average and she sent me flowers to my work anonymously. it said "roses are red, violets are blue, these flowers smell and so do you." i knew it was her from that as we used to (acutally still do) tell each we smell. on the cupcake card she wrote "CHEER UP CHARLIE!" and the quote from Willy Wonka "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker." :happy:

i can't find out what the monkeys or perhaps orangutans that are orana park are. they are SO loud.

Awww she sounds lovely! Cheering you up in the best way!

Since we're on the subject of cakes and stuff, my sister in law made this for her friend's daughter's 21st:

DSC09351.thumb.JPG.0258c01cb78a5a0e02e3b06a6201c145.JPG

DSC09352.thumb.JPG.58259cb96a5151107c7b35a6ea31abee.JPG

Did someone say Ood?

ood.jpg

There's my contribution to the thread for the day!

Woops :LOL: Richard sure could have used a Ood today, fetch him some dinner and what not. Only if the Ood wanted to of course, he might rather be singing his lovely songs.

Man I feel so ignorant, I know nothing about animals. I'm not sure what I thought lemurs were, but I had no idea they were primates!

This place is so educating!

They are quite primative primates. They survived on Madagascar probably due to no competition with the addition of higher primates. But with loss of habitat and hunting they are endangered like so many other animals on the island :(

The white cheek gibbons at welly zoo were quite loud, most mornings as I arrived they were calling. Never heard their lemurs calling, only two of them, poor things. They were usually interested when we walked past with the llamas though.

Since we're on the subject of cakes and stuff, my sister in law made this for her friend's daughter's 21st:

Haha, that's awesome. Maybe I'll make another cake this weekend and try do some fancy decorating. I don't have the tools for it, but I'll find something to do.

Sisters ftw <3

Awww she sounds lovely! Cheering you up in the best way!

:eek: woah that's amazing!

They are quite primative primates. They survived on Madagascar probably due to no competition with the addition of higher primates. But with loss of habitat and hunting they are endangered like so many other animals on the island :(

:chuckle: Just makes me think of King Julian