Hullabaloo DVD

idealist

yup...that i know. I shrunk it down so that it won't take up loads of space on my posts. It used to be just a wee bit bigger i think *scratches head again* hmm..maybe it was or maybe not... :confused: LOL

lol, well if you ever find it please dont hesitate to pm me, any help would be much appreciated :)

Hi, I´m Kalle from Finland, supposedly a very senior chatter on this forum (51).

I´m trying to follow the rock-scene just enough to know approximately what´s going on. My true favourites are, as you may guess, those from the

late sixties and early seventies: Stones, Bad Company, Jethro Tull, Bowie etc.

Muse is one the very few new groups, that made me stretch my ears. So I went and bought the "Hullabaloo"-DVD. The music worked well, but, good grief, the director has sabotaged most of the visual part! Watching this piece

on a 110 inch screen was pure suffering. There was five of us, and only one could watch the show to the end (the hard core Muse fan). Others moved to kitchen and just listened. That kind of a blinking/jumping/twisting-schitzophrenic directing/cutting sometimes works in a three minute music-video, but a concert-video should bring forth the intensity and athmosphere of the stage act of the band. The director could perform his hyper-activity somewhere else. I didn´t even check the name of the director (I don´t have the DVD-cover at hand to do it now), but I hope they don´t let that person

do any more damage.

Hi, I´m Kalle from Finland, supposedly a very senior chatter on this forum (51).

I´m trying to follow the rock-scene just enough to know approximately what´s going on. My true favourites are, as you may guess, those from the

late sixties and early seventies: Stones, Bad Company, Jethro Tull, Bowie etc.

Muse is one the very few new groups, that made me stretch my ears. So I went and bought the "Hullabaloo"-DVD. The music worked well, but, good grief, the director has sabotaged most of the visual part! Watching this piece

on a 110 inch screen was pure suffering. There was five of us, and only one could watch the show to the end (the hard core Muse fan). Others moved to kitchen and just listened. That kind of a blinking/jumping/twisting-schitzophrenic directing/cutting sometimes works in a three minute music-video, but a concert-video should bring forth the intensity and athmosphere of the stage act of the band. The director could perform his hyper-activity somewhere else. I didn´t even check the name of the director (I don´t have the DVD-cover at hand to do it now), but I hope they don´t let that person

do any more damage.

Hahaha this is a funny and interesting commentary about Hullabaloo.The director is Tom Kirk, a friend of the band. You're right about the "blinking/jumping/twisting-schitzophrenic directing/cutting"; at the beginning I thought like you do, but give it some time to watch it carefully, you'll notice that the direction is according to the music, sure it's different with other DVDs out there, but all the Muse's stuff is different, so why the DVD shouldn't be different?

As a closing comment; when you let the images and the music grow in you, you'll notice that the DVD is not as bad as you think, I really like it. Hope you give it another try :)

I agree, my friend and i were just discussing the exact same thing whilst watching it the other day. It is too hard to watch, i would try and watch what matt, or any of them for that matter, was doing, and all of a sudden it would just skip to another shot. I still thoroughly enjoyed it though, any footage of muse that i can get i like alot :D , oh yeh, the thing i most disliked on the dvd, was when he does his plug in baby jump, it slows it down and looks retarted. Thats the best jump he does on the dvd!! Oh, apart from the one in muscle museum.

don't be so hard with tom kirk's way of filming, it's not a job he studied :rolleyes:

if i am famous i would probably make profit all my friends and my family (one would be my manager, one my assistant and one by dvd's director :LOL: ) even if they do not know anything about the way to do it :D

look at the footage on muse's official site :LOL:

So...would it be stupid to pay 25 bucks for it on import? I would like to see it, but if it's absolutely dreadful, I can find better ways to spend the money.

no it's not, great dvd i think !

just make sure not to eat before watching it you would puke your lunch ! :LOL:

I can see where the complaints come from, and I did find it a little hard to watch at first...but once I got used to it I thought it was great. My fiance has it in the UK right now though, can't wait to get that thing back so I can watch it again!

when the concerts started I was like wtf??? but after dead star it was okay

and it's a really good way of cutting

like someone already said you can find new funny things after watching it again and again and it's related to the music they play

disc 2 reminds me a little bit of filming blair witch project

and I nearly had to puke while watching blair witch

but it's okay with disc 2

I was too busy laughing than finding time to get sick :D

Archived