Music with a Macbook

Davy

Guest bshuker
So just using GarageBand doesn't work well with just recording demos? (For the rock genre.) How much do add-ons cost?

Depends what kind of quality you are expecting for a demo, I think garageband offers adequate facility for amateurs just trying to put a few ideas together to be fair.

The instrument jam pack things for garageband are ok for expanding the sample set, and can be used with logic and logic express if and when you upgrade.

I would recommend just moving up to logic express if you are trying to become a bit more serious about what you're recording and if you're getting into production rather than being limited by garageband. If you've been using garageband, the interface on logic is quite similar so its not a bad switch, they've done a good job keeping some homogeneity between them so going between is not so bad.

Why revive THIS thread when there is a general recording thread...

well hello john locke, i didn't realise you were so mean :phu:

Probably because it's an appropriate thread?

thank you! :happy:

Depends what kind of quality you are expecting for a demo, I think garageband offers adequate facility for amateurs just trying to put a few ideas together to be fair.

The instrument jam pack things for garageband are ok for expanding the sample set, and can be used with logic and logic express if and when you upgrade.

I would recommend just moving up to logic express if you are trying to become a bit more serious about what you're recording and if you're getting into production rather than being limited by garageband. If you've been using garageband, the interface on logic is quite similar so its not a bad switch, they've done a good job keeping some homogeneity between them so going between is not so bad.

hmm...thanks! :D I think after I get a few ideas recorded, I'll expand. thanks so much!

Archived