'Muse: Inside The Muscle Museum' (biography)

Ive just read the book Inside The Muscle Museum by Ben Myers. I thought it was really good it had many muse facts that i didn't know and showed how the boys got into the business. I just wonered what all of you think of the book? (If you've read it)

My god. A muser that can read.

i knew there was a french muse book, but theres one in english??

why was I not informed?, i am not pleased :mad:

Its been out a while,

since about March I think???

It be a good read yes,

I didn't know it even existed until I read about in Kerrang mag a month or so ago, then I bought it :p

I saw it, but I always remember the Simpsons, when Bart had a biography about a day after he got famous, so I was suspicious of this for some reason. And I'm poor, yeah :) I'm hoping to get Rule By Secrecy soon...

I'd love to read it though...

I'm hoping to get Rule By Secrecy soon...

What???!!!!

(Not that I am highly surprised, but it is this silly board, I wrote: "What?", with only one exclamation, but a message appeared saying: "Your reply is too short", :rolleyes: )

I dont think the book has been out that long. but the reviews are right - it says that it will make u wana start up ur own band and make a whole lot of noise or something. i totally agree - thats what i wanted to do once i read it. i wanted to go thru what muse had been thru coz it sounded so cool. lol.

I don´t know when I will read this book, I´m curious but I don´t have the time now, 4 books are in my waiting list first :), but you say "it sounded so cool", and I guess nothing is so easy as it appears in showbiz (not the album, the lifestyle :) )

I don´t know when I will read this book, I´m curious but I don´t have the time now, 4 books are in my waiting list first :), but you say "it sounded so cool", and I guess nothing is so easy as it appears in showbiz (not the album, the lifestyle :) )

it doesnt sound at all easy, but it does sound like one hell of an adventure. im sure if i went thru it i'd have given up along the way. lol. i guess perseverence (i cant spell) is the key. oh, and talent plays a big part im sure :D (unless ur Busted, but then in that case i dont think they had much of an adventure playing toilet venues etc, they were probably formed by a record company and given instant fame).

Haven't read it. But isn't it unofficial? So how can you know all is true then?

it seems pretty true. lots of it ive seen before in interviews etc and the guy did tour with them a little bit apparently. there are a few minor inacurracies. i cant remember them now. but some conflicting stuff. its gotta b better than that maximum muse biography cd. that tries to tell u that both matt's parents are dead.

Something tells me it must be quite accurate, the author is a journalist fan of Muse. And I think some kind of comment would appear from Muse regarding fake facts in the book, tho, I still have to read it. So I don´t know what I am talking about :rolleyes:

as far as i can tell, a lot of it is research from past interviews and biographies etc. so some of its gona b bullshit coz Muse themselves dont tend to always tell the truth, or elaborate on it at least. lol. but its got the usual stuff about Teignmouth being shit and them being in other bands and trashing battle of the bands and going to America and all the Maverick and Radiohead stuff and wot they get up to on tour. Most of it u will have read a million other places before. Its got quotes from interview and stuff from Leckie and Safta Jaffery and people who saw them play their first gigs in Devon etc.

The book really gives you a lot of information about the band like explaining some of their lyrics and song titles and stuff as well as giving you loads of useless trivia. Its worth reading if your a fan and wan't to know more about the band.

Example:"Micro Cuts was about a dream Matt had where he was in a desert and the sky was raining down huge blades upon him"

My only criticism of the book is that it focuses on Matt way more than Chris and Dom which gets a bit annoying in places.

The book really gives you a lot of information about the band like explaining some of their lyrics and song titles and stuff as well as giving you loads of useless trivia. Its worth reading if your a fan and wan't to know more about the band.

Example:"Micro Cuts was about a dream Matt had where he was in a desert and the sky was raining down huge blades upon him"

My only criticism of the book is that it focuses on Matt way more than Chris and Dom which gets a bit annoying in places.

thats always the way. everyones always like 'matt, matt, matt' n they seem 2 forget that Muse is more than just Matt.

Hey,

How can I get that book here in France?

I´ve got the little red book of Muse "Muse de A à Z" and it´s good, but incomplete and has got some spelling mistakes.

Have you tried Amazon? I know the UK site sells it. Try the French one.

Archived