'Muse: Inside The Muscle Museum' (biography)

The book really gives you a lot of information about the band like explaining some of their lyrics and song titles and stuff as well as giving you loads of useless trivia. Its worth reading if your a fan and wan't to know more about the band.

Example:"Micro Cuts was about a dream Matt had where he was in a desert and the sky was raining down huge blades upon him"

My only criticism of the book is that it focuses on Matt way more than Chris and Dom which gets a bit annoying in places.

I have been reading almost all interviews from the year 2000, and I think you all mean that you don´t get new info with this book if you have been following Muse for a long time. (I knew that thing about the blades, from an interview too) But it must be good for the people who discovered Muse with Absolution.

I have been reading almost all interviews from the year 2000, and I think you all mean that you don´t get new info with this book if you have been following Muse for a long time. (I knew that thing about the blades, from an interview too) But it must be good for the people who discovered Muse with Absolution.

Yer it does take a lot of the stuff from interviews but it expands a lot on how the band were formed and the early years when they didn't get much media attention.

yeah i got the book, tis good, but i already knew most of it anyways. i spose if you have only recently become a muse fan and dont know much about the band its worth buying. and if you just wanna read something interesting, i spose its worth getting ... mine was off amazon too, had it ages

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone. This is just a quick note to say hi and thanks to anyone who, bought borrowed or stole the book that I wrote on the band, 'Muse: Inside The Muscle Museum', published last year. As a fan I wanted to get it right and the general reaction has been a positive one. The first limited print run of the book had now sold out, however the publisher informs me that more copies have been printed and now available in most bookshops (Waterstones, Borders), Amazon.co.uk or more details from http://www.impbooks.com

thanks again,

Ben Myers

http://www.captainsof.com

Hello everyone. This is just a quick note to say hi and thanks to anyone who, bought borrowed or stole the book that I wrote on the band, 'Muse: Inside The Muscle Museum', published last year. As a fan I wanted to get it right and the general reaction has been a positive one. The first limited print run of the book had now sold out, however the publisher informs me that more copies have been printed and now available in most bookshops (Waterstones, Borders), Amazon.co.uk or more details from http://www.impbooks.com

thanks again,

Ben Myers

http://www.captainsof.com

Hello, I liked very much the book :)

Do you mind if me and my friends translate it in Italian for the Italian Muse Forum?

I don't know about your future plans, so we thought it wouldn't be very likely to see it translated in our mother tongue.

The book was absolutely brilliant, and I've read it several times now. It's really great to find such a good book written about a band who've never had a biography written about them before.

By the way, I've also read "John Lydon: The Sex Pistols, Pil and Anti-Celebrity" and thought that was amazing too. I look forward to reading more books by you in the near future!

why can t we have either Dommey and Christopher on the cover of the book ?

Also why is the book so much revolved around Matt B himself ?

You know thats a good point

The book was fantastic, really interesting and well written (cept for the small lack of Dom and Chris)

actually I think I'll go read it again.

Hey Ben, thanks firstly for writting the book, its about the only book which i have been able to read all of it, and i dont it in about 4 days :happy:

it was great to read and you got into detail about more of the things which fans dont know so much about, so there was lots to discover from your book :cool:

and yea it would be great if you done something else on muse in the future :happy:

>> Why can't we have either Dommey and Christopher on the cover of the book ?

>> Also why is the book so much revolved around Matt B himself ?

To be honest I wasn't aware that the book was much more weighted towards than Chris and Dom -or it certainly wasn't a conscious decision - but I see your point. I've interviewed the band two or three times (all three of them together) but Matt by himself a couple of more times, so the simple answer is, I know more about him, his preferences and his upbringing, than the other two. Plus, as the songwriter and the person who gives the band their unique voice, in researching into their history I thought that if one of them warranted a bit more detail then it's Matt. That's not a criticism of the other two - merely that there's more information about their singer out there. It's not like I'm good friends with them either and would never claim to be, so, like most people on here would no doubt do , it was a case of piecing the story together.

As for the cover, I'm afraid I don't get the final say in that. I think I'd have definitely opted to have all three members on there, but was nevertheless quite pleased to see Matt looking suitably demonic.

Look out for the follow-up sometime around when they decide to stage 'Devon & Hell: Muse The Musical - An Ice Spectacular!', circa 2020.

Coming to an enormodome near you...

Archived