2018.06.23 - Rock in Rio Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal

forevermusic

• 6 months later...
Briefly considered going to this before deciding instead on going elsewhere. Sod's law it gets Showbiz.

Although saying this, we expecting a rarity?

Nah, I highly doubt it. I believe the rarity would've most likely been at Rock Am Ring if there was gonna be one at all. Then again, we did have Showbiz in Mexico.

I think there's likely to be another By Request show soon, possibly even as soon as this summer. If anything that's where the rarities will be, even in the US.

Nah, I highly doubt it. I believe the rarity would've most likely been at Rock Am Ring if there was gonna be one at all. Then again, we did have Showbiz in Mexico.
Still don't get why you thought a rarity was more likely at Rock Am Ring than anywhere else.

Still don't get why you thought a rarity was more likely at Rock Am Ring than anywhere else.

Out of all the popular European festivals, Rock Am Ring seems to be the most popular judging by the statistics of overall attendees this year.

Even without Rock Am Ring, I don't expect anything too rare to happen tonight. I'll still watch, and if there is by some miracle a rarity, I'll own up to being short-sighted.

Judging by previous setlists, if there is by some miracle a rarity, it should be up next. If we hear Supermassive Black Hole come on, then we know they aren't doing anything special.

What is interesting is that Isolated System is back in that first vocal break after being pulled out last time, which makes me think we'll hear Unsustainable later on.

I remember when hundreds of people on here would follow every single gig.

Now it's like three. Decent performance so far but set is a total yawnfest.

social media's to blame for that, right? everything's divaricated now.

i think most are ready for the Drones era to be put six feet under.

...question is -- what really lurks on the horizon?

Tbf Matt's voice is sounding better than it has done at some recent gigs. But man the sequence after Plug in Baby is a momentum killer.

I agree. The sequence before hurts my ears too.

This rendition of Stockholm Syndrome sounds better than recent gigs as well I think. I also liked the enhanced "Runnnnn" part in Resistance.

(Just as I said Stockholm was better than before, Matt just completely flawed a falsetto)