Chinese Musers Thread

Life must hate me

so are you going to purchase through hk ticketing telephone/online or tom lee? and does the former one charge additional fees?

probably go to Tom Lee store,but have to do that after work,because i go to work way earlier than Tom Lee opens.

I'll try online as well cos i need to order for other people.

If you do it on landline you'll have to pick up your tickets in three days. Order it online you get to keep it in any ticket office and pick it up any day it seems.

Does anyone know if there's a hostel near Asia-World? Also how does the box office works? :unsure:

hkticketing is all you need for box office info. Or you can go to Tom Lee music store to purchase one.

Hostels...I don't think there are cheap ones near Airport area - it's such a lifeless place in my opinion...:p

Hotel info: http://www.asiaworld-expo.com/html/en/UsefulInfo/Accommodation.html

box office if through the net (you should see the info about the muse gig soon): http://www.hkticketing.com/Ticketek/eng/default.asp

Thanks for the info on the hotels. They seem a bit expensive though. :D

I'm checking the site every now and then :facepalm:

hkticketing is all you need for box office info. Or you can go to Tom Lee music store to purchase one.

Hostels...I don't think there are cheap ones near Airport area - it's such a lifeless place in my opinion...:p

But it means that I have to buy it on the day of the gig right?

I know based on my research there are none near the airport area or asiaworld itself. What do you suggest, a stay at Kowloon's hostels instead? Tbh, I'll just be at your country for 2 nights. Really just going to attend the gig. As much as I want to explore HK I can't, job won't allow me. I'm checking out guesthouses but it sounded dodgy.

Does anyone know if there's a hostel near Asia-World? Also how does the box office works? :unsure:

Hotels near Asia World are expensive Audrey.Go to Kowloon yesh!:yesey:

How many days would you be staying in HK?

I agree:$:LOL:

I found a hotel at Kowloon, it's called Garden Hotel. Really cheap and the comments were all positive.

I'll stay there for 3 nights and 2 days.

Ah cool. So you'd be leaving Friday night?

Dunno when's our schedule yet..before the gig I hope.If not,Feb 6 for sure.

probably go to Tom Lee store,but have to do that after work,because i go to work way earlier than Tom Lee opens.

I'll try online as well cos i need to order for other people.

If you do it on landline you'll have to pick up your tickets in three days. Order it online you get to keep it in any ticket office and pick it up any day it seems.

I guess the tickets won't be sold out real quickly, right? well, the green day or the killers gig still have tickets available but i have read that the jason m gig earlier this year was sold out in one day!:eek:

and wait, so does it mean that I can order online, and then pick it up in any tom lee shop? do they charge additional fees for internet booking services?

and is everyone is going to buy the 580 ones?

I guess the tickets won't be sold out real quickly, right? well, the green day or the killers gig still have tickets available but i have read that the jason m gig earlier this year was sold out in one day!:eek:

and wait, so does it mean that I can order online, and then pick it up in any tom lee shop? do they charge additional fees for internet booking services?

and is everyone is going to buy the 580 ones?

yea i think,they may charge you 5 dollars of service fee. yes you can pick it up in tom lee shop. As long as you've done the ordering.

I heard Jason Mraz and Coldplay sold out in one day. I'm not too keen on them both but apparently that was due to popularity. I'd like to think Muse has same situation here as well in these two years since they last came, but who knows.*shrugs*

the question should be who's not going to buy the 580 ones - it's in arena, which means 380 = :noey:

I found a hotel at Kowloon, it's called Garden Hotel. Really cheap and the comments were all positive.

I'll stay there for 3 nights and 2 days.

Kowloon is always convenient, i think i've heard of your hotel there.

I always recommend Yes Inn in Fortress Hill,not an advertisement here but that place is quite neat and safe,plus it's not THAT expensive.

only problem is you need nearly an hour to get to the Arena...

yea i think,they may charge you 5 dollars of service fee. yes you can pick it up in tom lee shop. As long as you've done the ordering.

I heard Jason Mraz and Coldplay sold out in one day. I'm not too keen on them both but apparently that was due to popularity. I'd like to think Muse has same situation here as well in these two years since they last came, but who knows.*shrugs*

the question should be who's not going to buy the 580 ones - it's in arena, which means 380 = :noey:

No don't think coldplay sold out in one day. I just saw this: http://tube.hk/en/music_news-353-coldplay_2009_hong_kong_concert_sold_out and this: http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=307 it seems that it took a month to sell all the tickets! and haha mika's concert still has some tickets left so I guess a 580 ticket can belong to me as long as I buy on the first day?

oh, and they charge 10 dollars for ordering online, just saying.

and Tom Lee does accept payment through credit card, right? You know I hardly buy tickets....

No don't think coldplay sold out in one day. I just saw this: http://tube.hk/en/music_news-353-coldplay_2009_hong_kong_concert_sold_out and this: http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=307 it seems that it took a month to sell all the tickets! and haha mika's concert still has some tickets left so I guess a 580 ticket can belong to me as long as I buy on the first day?

oh, and they charge 10 dollars for ordering online, just saying.

and Tom Lee does accept payment through credit card, right? You know I hardly buy tickets....

yes,cash and credit card. if you're a Hong Konger you probably have EPS - which somehow can't be used to purchase things at some Tom Lee stores...

Ah cool. So you'd be leaving Friday night?

Dunno when's our schedule yet..before the gig I hope.If not,Feb 6 for sure.

Yes then leave HK Sunday morning.

I'm thinking of arriving at the gig date but since I'm a first timer I don't want to get lost and waste my time where in the world I should go. :LOL: I might end up getting lost instead of watching the gig.

Should I get a travel agency or is it okay to just book on the airline and book an accommodation by myself?

Kowloon is always convenient, i think i've heard of your hotel there.

I always recommend Yes Inn in Fortress Hill,not an advertisement here but that place is quite neat and safe,plus it's not THAT expensive.

only problem is you need nearly an hour to get to the Arena...

Hmm I think I saw that inn on my research. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Btw, if I choose to pick up the ticket at the box office all I need is to present the card I used for purchasing the ticket right? Are they going to email me some confirmation letter about the purchase as well? Oh and is it safe to just get it there instead of having it mailed? I don't trust our postal here.

I'll be getting the 580.

Hmm I think I saw that inn on my research. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Btw, if I choose to pick up the ticket at the box office all I need is to present the card I used for purchasing the ticket right? Are they going to email me some confirmation letter about the purchase as well? Oh and is it safe to just get it there instead of having it mailed? I don't trust our postal here.

I'll be getting the 580.

I think you'll only need credit card that was used to do the ordering. You present it at the store and they'll let you have it.

BTW If you're only staying for three days i don't think you need a travel agency. Booking is quite convenient now for anything online. Accommodation, transportation and stuff...;)

Yes then leave HK Sunday morning.

I'm thinking of arriving at the gig date but since I'm a first timer I don't want to get lost and waste my time where in the world I should go. :LOL: I might end up getting lost instead of watching the gig.

Should I get a travel agency or is it okay to just book on the airline and book an accommodation by myself?

Ah I see..parang 2 days lang.My advice is when you have made bookings for your hotel ..check for the ticket offices nearby..so that you'd be able to find the shop easily and get them quickly.And then on the way to the gig...leave the hotel as early as you can,maybe round 1pm or 2pm.:D Royal Garden Hotel or Dorsett Garden Hotel?

I think it's alright booking them seperately..but I do the travel agency thingy(:$it works for me anyway:LOL: ),a bus picking you up(which is full of Pinoy tourists as well)..they'd get you to the hotel..and by the time you leave HK...they'll take you back to the airport.Oh..and on the bus if you like to exchange your US dollars or Peso with HK dollars,they do that too!There's a monetary exchange in the airport too..but of lower rate.

I think you'll only need credit card that was used to do the ordering. You present it at the store and they'll let you have it.

BTW If you're only staying for three days i don't think you need a travel agency. Booking is quite convenient now for anything online. Accommodation, transportation and stuff...;)

Ah I see. Thanks. And sorry for being such a noob. :$

Okay, I'll take note of that. :happy: Thank you

Ah I see..parang 2 days lang.My advice is when you have made bookings for your hotel ..check for the ticket offices nearby..so that you'd be able to find the shop easily and get them quickly.And then on the way to the gig...leave the hotel as early as you can,maybe round 1pm or 2pm.:D Royal Garden Hotel or Dorsett Garden Hotel?

Ganun nga ang plano ko since Kowloon or the place where those cheap hotels are located are too far to the venue. A bit of an adventure is not bad.

I think it's alright booking them seperately..but I do the travel agency thingy(:$it works for me anyway:LOL: ),a bus picking you up(which is full of Pinoy tourists as well)..they'd get you to the hotel..and by the time you leave HK...they'll take you back to the airport.Oh..and on the bus if you like to exchange your US dollars or Peso with HK dollars,they do that too!There's a monetary exchange in the airport too..but of lower rate.

Ah mukha ngang maganda yung may travel agency but I'm up for an adventure. :D Bibili na lang ako ng map. :LOL:

venueMap_3542_20091124153326.jpg

Here we gooooo... :D

I knoooooooow! *fangirls* I'm quite nervous, will wake up early tomorrow.

Ganun nga ang plano ko since Kowloon or the place where those cheap hotels are located are too far to the venue. A bit of an adventure is not bad.

Ah mukha ngang maganda yung may travel agency but I'm up for an adventure. :D Bibili na lang ako ng map. :LOL:

And go to HMV!:D

Nah,no need to buy a map..there's a lot at the airport..you just get one.And all the other guides/booklets that may help for your trip to HK is there.:)

Archived