I've listened to dozens of new (to me) bands in the last few weeks, and just come to realize music might not be my thing anymore. (Or I'm very, very unlucky with what I listen to.)

I still have a strong emotional connection to Muse, and really hope they don't completely disappoint me with this album. But, that's probably the biggest reason I still enjoy their music - those old connections.

Expand your horizons.

I know what you're thinking, like I've heard one group I really like and just stubbornly stuck with them but honestly dude I've listened to a silly amount of music over the years and yet I always still seem to be able to revisit Muse at any time. Pretty much every aspect of the band is a combination of all the things I really like in music. I'm sure you all have an artist that does this for you, if it's not Muse.

It's quite nice when you arrive at a more balanced view of Muse, after journeying down various rabbit holes. Certainly the likes of Weinman and Thorendal demolished my old "Bellamy is the greatest guitarist bar Hendrix" preconceptions in a hurry.

Eh, I can return to most of Muse's stuff whenever it takes my fancy.

Fixed it for you.

The h_____ y and being in denial at it's finest. :D

There's a clear difference between using technology and passionately hating/loving a brand.

I can continue this conversation with you in a different thread but please let's not get off topic here.

:yesey: and kurt blallou and tosin abasi

And on the less showy front, Aaron Turner and Stephen Carpenter.

Good. You now have to choose the path ahead of you now, young soldier. You can either go dancing with We Were Exploding Anyway or you can go feeling and rocking with The Fall of Math.

Fixed.