New U2 Album - Songs of Innocence

wildwilly

(I realize that the moderators may lock this thread (please do not as it is relevant). Muse toured with U2 and several songs on the 2nd Law CLEARLY were influenced by U2.)

So...U2 decided to surprise attack the world and release their new album at the Apple event yesterday (release of the iPhone 6 and Apple Watch). The whole album is available for FREE from iTunes. YES for FREE. Apple paid U2 an undisclosed sum of $$$ to have the right to offer the album at no charge. Has U2 sold out to commercial business?

Anyone listen to Songs of Innocence yet? Any reviews or opinions? I am a U2 fan (discovered Muse at a U2 concert) and listened to the new U2 album and have found it to be so so at best...plus, I feel like Apple bought U2...to make their products seem cool.

Thoughts?

:erm: You aren't exactly new here, but like Tjet said, you should post this in the U2 thread in the Other Music subforum. No reason to see why this should be an exception, your question isn't directly relevant to Muse. Tbh I was expecting you to ask "what if Muse did a similar thing etc. etc." :LOL: Then again, Album Seven thread.

:erm: You aren't exactly new here, but like Tjet said, you should post this in the U2 thread in the Other Music subforum. No reason to see why this should be an exception, your question isn't directly relevant to Muse. Tbh I was expecting you to ask "what if Muse did a similar thing etc. etc." :LOL: Then again, Album Seven thread.

Okay so let's ask the question...what if MUSE did a similar thing...gave a away an album for free and / or sold out to corporate America (like U2 did)?