In general, when should you start waiting to be first one?

landonb

Hello there.

I'm going to a Muse concert and I plan to wait long enough for a barrier spot. I'm shooting to be the first there, but I dont know when I would probably need to start waiting.

I went to their show in Vegas where there were people waiting at 9:30-10 AM, but that was inside. I think it'll be different this time around.

So what do you think? When's a good estimate, in general?

It depends where the gig is. In America, you'd probably have to be there by 7-8am to be first in line. Probably midday would still get you barrier. In the UK for the stadium gigs though, it would have to be overnight because there are some ridiculously crazy fans (bloody French :p).

And SBE is Shepards Bush Empire, a small gig Muse did a couple of months ago in London.

I've never really seen the point of queuing from stupid o'clock just to get the centre barrier position. It's not as if you somehow get better sound quality. Don't get me wrong, I do do the barrier routine but that's just because I like hanging out with other Muse fans. I've ended up with the barrier as well but I always go back a few rows when the jumping and moshing starts.

Thanks for the input. I think that I'd rather have 2nd row center instead of some okay barrier spot. That's why I was curious about being the first there, I would only want first row if I had a good spot (close to the middle).

Archived