Petition to get Muse to go on The Opie & Anthony Show in NY

mr.jingles

3 years ago Opie Hugues mentioned on his show around the time that Muse played The Garden in NY that he would have loved to have Muse on the show, but for some reason "it wasn't happening".

Given that Muse will be in NY again in 2 weeks, and they will have a 2 day gap in between MSG and the IZOD Center in NJ, they could perhaps go and appear on The Opie & Anthony Show.

How could I get in contact with Tom Kirk to let him know that this is a great opportunity for the band to be on a show broadcasted all across the US and Canada? O&A are seriously interested on having them on!

If the show itself hasn't contacted Muse management, I don't know why any petition would help the case. I'm sure Muse has a team of PR professionals to handle these things and the show producers must know the right channels if they are interested.

Yes.

This is a great idea. Stockholm was also played briefly on the show recently as they made Sal play the drums. i have wanted muse to do OnA for quite some time.

I think my best option is post on Opie's Twitter account.

Hopefully he will try to get in contact with the band's management.

If it "wasn't happening", then maybe it's because they simply don't want to? And who can blame them, it's a dumb show. If they wanted to appear on the show, then I'm sure the people at the show and Muse's PR people could sort it out without the "help" of some random fan on the board.

Alright, person who doesn't "get" the ny-based show and calls it dumb from sweden. :LOL:

Aids.

Not sure what there is to "get" about it. I've seen/heard some stuff that I thought was funny, but for the most part it's pretty dumb.

You don't have to be from the same area as something or anything, to "get" it or comment on it.

Thanks, scotland checking in.

i just know an opinion based on a tiny sample size when i see one. i also don't know if there is less of a target demographic for the opie and anthony show than young swedish women. :LOL:

Thanks, scotland checking in.

/America

i just know an opinion based on a tiny sample size when i see one.

Assumption. And a stupid one at that.

young swedish women. :LOL:

Another assumption that is wrong. I'm male, dickhead.

Why all the hostility? Not being a board regular, i am not familiar with everyone's gender association on this board. please forgive me. it doesn't change the fact that you are way out of the target demo.

And I made a stupid assumption that you only had a small sample size of lsitening? Well then, are we admitting that you have listened a lot? Can't be THAT dumb then, can it? It's not exactly the most accessible show. You have to go out and get it...

And I made a stupid assumption that you only had a small sample size of lsitening? Well then, are we admitting that you have listened a lot? Can't be THAT dumb then, can it? It's not exactly the most accessible show. You have to go out and get it...

Or maybe I gave them the benefit of the doubt and listened to more material to make sure that I wasn't indeed just hitting a "small sample size" of it that just happened to be dumb.

Or maybe I gave them the benefit of the doubt and listened to more material to make sure that I wasn't indeed just hitting a "small sample size" of it that just happened to be dumb.

you fucking love opie and anthony. :D

and speaking of assumptions, i believe you made a few yourself when you entered this thread RE: about the band (not) being on the show. they are logical assumptions for sure, but assumptions nonetheless. You also came in here to call it dumb. We just want our favorite band on what is an important show to us (and many others) here in the states, especially the northeast. There should really be less hostility in a thread like this...

/america

you fucking love opie and anthony. :D

and speaking of assumptions, i believe you made a few yourself when you entered this thread RE: about the band (not) being on the show. they are logical assumptions for sure, but assumptions nonetheless. You also came in here to call it dumb. We just want our favorite band on what is an important show to us (and many others) here in the states, especially the northeast. There should really be less hostility in a thread like this...

/america

My point was that there is a reason they never went on the show and (probably) won't this time either. A petition won't matter if they don't want to/can't go on the show.

My point was that there is a reason they never went on the show and (probably) won't this time either. A petition won't matter if they don't want to/can't go on the show.

I agree there and the timing is also off...the best reason they would have is to promote MSG, but with night 1 essentially sold out and night 2 on the verge, they don't have much to gain from a promotional standpoint, except selling some tickets to the NJ show perhaps. i think they will be on the show eventually though, maybe to promote a stadium show if it ever gets to that point here.

I still hold out hope though, and this was the first time I saw a thread created like this where two of my favorite and distinctly different worlds collided, which was exciting.

Alright, person who doesn't "get" the ny-based show and calls it dumb from sweden. :LOL:

Aids.

...and I'm more that same person has never actually listened to the show, and yet calls it dumb.

There's plenty of silly raunchy stuff going on O&A, but unlike Howard Stern they won't bombard guests with dumb questions about their sex life unless they are someone like John Mayer whose music is completely uninteresting, but his sex life is well...

I agree there and the timing is also off...the best reason they would have is to promote MSG, but with night 1 essentially sold out and night 2 on the verge, they don't have much to gain from a promotional standpoint, except selling some tickets to the NJ show perhaps. i think they will be on the show eventually though, maybe to promote a stadium show if it ever gets to that point here.

I still hold out hope though, and this was the first time I saw a thread created like this where two of my favorite and distinctly different worlds collided, which was exciting.

If enough people tweet Opie to get Muse on the show, he might be able to get something going.

I already did.... AAAAAAAAAIIIIDDSS!!

If enough people tweet Opie to get Muse on the show, he might be able to get something going.

I already did.... AAAAAAAAAIIIIDDSS!!

YOU KNOW, WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS...

yea i will give that a shot. there's a chance it could at least result in a mention.

Archived